Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
agis29

Fluffy fighting book

I had the same sort of thing with another book. I think it has to do with the knowledge.lst or somthing. Once there was a client or auto update it cleared up though. I suspect it won't show in the knowledge list after its completed either. Until an auto/client update or something.

its ok, you must use #research, bc it isnt in client yet and btw. why you readed it? it increase only critical to hit and to dmg, so you'll have way lower exp from fluff, lol

I had the same sort of thing with another book. I think it has to do with the knowledge.lst or somthing. Once there was a client or auto update it cleared up though. I suspect it won't show in the knowledge list after its completed either. Until an auto/client update or something.

I always had some problems with the knoledge list. I hope after some loging off and on the problem will dissapear..

(Debian Linux stable-ati radeon mobility 9700.)

@ Marwen fighting books are +5 attack +5 def +5 critical to hit as far as i know. But i would train on feros and chims anyway.

Edited by agis29

I always had some problems with the knoledge list. I hope after some loging off and on the problem will dissapear..

(Debian Linux stable-ati radeon mobility 9700.)

@ Marwen fighting books are +5 attack +5 def +5 critical to hit as far as i know. But i would train on feros and chims anyway.

I think it dont give you +5 a/d, but its not my problem, I'll never read any of this book. I test this books on test server and hadnt it in list too, bc it need client update.

Entropy has a habit of not updating knowledge.lst for the autoupdate when he adds books. Autoupdate now has the newest knowledge.lst so that should be fixed for those that can update.

Note: some peoples autoupdate doesn't work because the tmp/ directory was not created where EL was installed. Write permission in the EL directories is also needed.

So if we read will we still have the knowledge?

Yes, it's just that the name was missing in the clients listing.

all fighting books are +5 att/def/crit.

lol

Thats not what the description says if you click a combat book in the knowledge list. It says only +5 to crit hit and crit damage... which of course that alone would be bad for training.

I would REALLY appreciate it if we could get confirmation from Entropy as to whether or not we also get +5 to att and def, not just crits.

Entropy has a habit of not updating knowledge.lst for the autoupdate when he adds books. Autoupdate now has the newest knowledge.lst so that should be fixed for those that can update.

Note: some peoples autoupdate doesn't work because the tmp/ directory was not created where EL was installed. Write permission in the EL directories is also needed.

Yes now i remember. Last time i had this problem i modified permissions in all el directories "read,write" even execute.

"I would REALLY appreciate it if we could get confirmation from Entropy as to whether or not we also get +5 to att and def, not just crits."

Agreed

The old description also said attack and defense, but it was wrong (that description was wrong since early 2004, and I didn't know that the books say that until now, when I fixed it).

lol scamm :D

EDIT: seriously now, who is dumb enough to buy a book that gives + 5 crit or so for 150k? lol (not meant for u mango, u thought its a/d)

Edited by Tempest

No clue ;) .

Doubt I can have a refund, cause the new discriptions wére right, when implented :D .

But well, I dont 'bitch' anymore I guess.

Ok, that's enough you two, you both get a 1 year suspension from the forum, because you broke way too many forum rules.

And, FYI, the fluffy book never said you get +5 a/d.

Don't be dissapointed. All players that bought the book will be able to train on yetis sooner.

And maybe its good for exp.

U ll need less coords and lower attack level to score hits/bypass armour and there is always the home button...

There is always a way to get good exp.And those books are very usefull for all those who can't add a lot of p/c cause they need pps for other skills.(i ll buy it).

maby still add +5 a/d on this book, it doesnt sound much usefull how it is right now

Don't be dissapointed. All players that bought the book will be able to train on yetis sooner.

U ll need less coords and lower attack level to score hits/bypass armour and there is always the home button...

There is always a way to get good exp.And those books are very usefull for all those who can't add a lot of p/c cause they need pps for other skills.(i ll buy it).

For me:

Before reading fluffy book - aprox same att as def xp/hour

After reading fluffy book - more att then def xp/hour

before and after total xp/hour - the same as before, just more att then def

Good if you want to even out those gaps in a/d :)

For me:

Good if you want to even out those gaps in a/d ;)

lol coz u n@@b.... i have 50k xp difference on a/d when i have + damage on astro (i have less xp)... think a bit... more damage = less xp coz u kill faster...

tempest is right : who is dumb enough to buy book for more damage ?

agis with your low p/c you should ts and stay on fluff / feros longer... i can't do thaat : it would cost me like 40 coord removals.. ^^ so only way is to increase p/c till i have enough for fc/mc... ^^

For me:

Good if you want to even out those gaps in a/d ;)

lol coz u n@@b.... i have 50k xp difference on a/d when i have + damage on astro (i have less xp)... think a bit... more damage = less xp coz u kill faster...

tempest is right : who is dumb enough to buy book for more damage ?

agis with your low p/c you should ts and stay on fluff / feros longer... i can't do thaat : it would cost me like 40 coord removals.. ^^ so only way is to increase p/c till i have enough for fc/mc... ^^

Everybody has its own philosophy about training. I will buy the book cause i cant add enough coords cause i am doing other skills.(manu,crafting,hydro mining etc). So for some people the book is useful.

I haven't check this yet but maybe +crit and damage bonus means 6 less coords for yetis so maybe its better exp. (maybe i am 100% wrong).

On the other hand at 150 def(unfortunately) exp is not important. So maybe its better to kill yetis faster and get more drops.

Anyway i posted here about a bug. If i knew what is going to happen i wouldn't post at first place.

EG:At least now we know what fighting books provide.

Edited by agis29