Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

So how are they working now - Part 4

It's been almost 2 months since the original thread where Entropy looked for ideas to make the Chimerans used more in training.

And has been well over a month since the health of the Desert Chimeran was increased.

So i'm just wondering if the health increase alone has been enough to get people to train on d.chim?, and if so, are those people making more exp, or at least the same exp, as fluffy trainers?... or has the health made little difference because the re-spawn is still lengthy?

EDIT: oh yeah bkc, thanks for the thread concept :D:P:icon13:

Edited by Korrode

i still make less than fluff coz i have to unts when i train on dc, whereas on feros / fluff i ts and make "much much" more xp... i think dc 250k/hour max - 280 @ fluff - 320k @ feros or so, if i make good fleeing.

@TommyKnocker.

yeh health increasing was cool imo, chims gotta have more health than fluffs anyway ;)

but i think the reason why ppl get less exp is cause Dchims generally hit MUCH more than fluff/feros.

tried it on testserver, got 4 more coord, teled to bethel and tried chim, if it wasnt enough i got 4coord more and tried again..

well the result was training fluffy + eating meanwhile is better exp than DCW :)

i think they are trainable now, i tried on testserver with 40/60 and 110+ a/d and i got at least 300k/h although i wasnt used to the spawns etc, so u can get more i think

on mainserver i will stay on feros as long as i can tho, because, as tempest said, u can eat or do other things while training + it is cheaper AND u get almost same exp

pros for dcw are u can pk better with higher p/c and it is more fighting than training since u get doubled and dont wait for respawn as u look for another dcw in the respawn time, so IMO it is less boring.

EDIT: oh and u can mana drain them ;)

Edited by Andi_R0X

i tried on testserver with 40/60 and 110+ a/d and i got at least 300k/h
wow thats great, if i hear a couple more reports like that i'll take higher p/c and use them for training.

dont wait for respawn as u look for another dcw in the respawn time
although, this is disconcerting, means luck had alot to do with your 300k an hour... what happens if you have a bad run and cant find another d.chim? i can get more than 300k exp p/h guaranteed on 1 fero spawn.

The pro to DCW is the mana drain.

I train on the DCW, a bit low for the monster, because I can train magic and fighting at the same time. I limit it, however, because the drops really suck. I have killed over 1k and have only had 4 drops, ever. Also, the DCW breaks a lot of equipment. A fluffy generates 3k to 6k in a training session, enough to cover most of the training materials. A DCW at this point gives me about 1k in a session (about 70 DCWs), and consumes most of my armor (about 3k worth), ~150 HEs, ~360 AEs. These numbers just don't work, even when projected to the 150 DCWs per session.

IMHO opinion, this only makes the DCW useful for magic training.

I train on the DCW, a bit low for the monster, because I can train magic and fighting at the same time. I limit it, however, because the drops really suck. I have killed over 1k and have only had 4 drops, ever. Also, the DCW breaks a lot of equipment. A fluffy generates 3k to 6k in a training session, enough to cover most of the training materials. A DCW at this point gives me about 1k in a session (about 70 DCWs), and consumes most of my armor (about 3k worth), ~150 HEs, ~360 AEs. These numbers just don't work, even when projected to the 150 DCWs per session.

That's your problem, I don't train much these days, but I don't have trouble generating the 3k-6k on DCW.

-Blee

That's your problem, I don't train much these days, but I don't have trouble generating the 3k-6k on DCW.

-Blee

i bet fourier gets more exp than u per hour.... if u kill them fast its bad exp but good drops, if u kill them slowly its good exp but bad drops

anyways desert chim= good exp, but expensive... i personally dont mind afk harving for the gc lost, so i find them good to train, although fluffy/feros is probably more stable/cheaper exp... but remember that because u need more p/c to train desert chims than fluffy/feros, u can beat up most fluff/feros trainers in PK ;) lol

DC gives a bit more exp now than fluffy for me, because i both train them with -19 a/d. DC is a lot more expensive to train on tho, because the fights last longer (less drops) and it hits much more (more healing). Still its a great improvement from what it used to be ;)

i bet fourier gets more exp than u per hour.... if u kill them fast its bad exp but good drops, if u kill them slowly its good exp but bad drops

I hit near 100% but for low damage, bad exp?

-Blee

I am *not* a fighter... however, I have heard a couple of times from others, that finding a Desert Chim is difficult. Sometimes the complaint is b/c others are already fighting 'em. And other times it is b/c there are too few and they wonder, making tracking them down difficult.

The fact that I've heard these complaints though, suggest that people are trying to train on them more regularly

Edited by Ghrae

I used to train on D Chims befor they were changed, because Bethal was always free, apart from (A_F but she was always there.) and they got me more exp than Fluffys per hour, now I went to Bethal a couple of weeks ago to check it out, and there are alot more spawns there, and I always saw someone there.. I'll always prefer training on Chims than Fluffys, but thats cos I've killed so many Fluffys I'm sick of looking at the things lol.

I think it's been a good and needed change to the Chims. :(

I am one of the very few people who used to live in Bethel and train on DCW before the update.

The exp is less than for fluffy - but Bethel far quieter and much easier to find a spawn - so i could pretty much guarantee to get a spawn.

Since the update the exp is much better - yes the drops still suck - but as has been said MD training helps immensly!

The training is break even gc wise - and i rarely break stuff..

In short - I liked DCW before the update - after the update I love them!

I trained on dcw be and after the update, the exp for me form then was terrible compaired to feros and fluffies prior to, but after the update i now get much more exp from dcw than another other, the only problem i find is that you have to have such a high p/c to affectivly train them. I have a suggestion about the dcw, i have noticed from train on fluffies feros and dcw that dcw have the highest chance to land a critical hit on me, now i know some luck is envolved, but if the damage done by a dcw critical could be lowed it would be nice.

-Azurile

DC are very good if you if you are alone in Bethel and have decent coord to take on 2 chims. I often get doubled in Bethel and I do love the EXP the two chims give even though it's mostly defense exp.

Edited by XitragupteN

I trained on dcw be and after the update, the exp for me form then was terrible compaired to feros and fluffies prior to, but after the update i now get much more exp from dcw than another other, the only problem i find is that you have to have such a high p/c to affectivly train them. I have a suggestion about the dcw, i have noticed from train on fluffies feros and dcw that dcw have the highest chance to land a critical hit on me, now i know some luck is envolved, but if the damage done by a dcw critical could be lowed it would be nice.

-Azurile

i kinda like them to be hard to train on, and that they do high damage, that means i need higher p/c for them, so i hav a better chance in PK.. if anything make them hit harder and harder to hit \o/ :P