Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Testing out the new models

Dwarf name blocks are mis-aligned. In the following screen shot you can see that koumbayabayo's name block is behind and lower for some reason:

Is that with an updated CVS, or Roja's client?

Dwarf name blocks are mis-aligned. In the following screen shot you can see that koumbayabayo's name block is behind and lower for some reason:

Is that with an updated CVS, or Roja's client?

That's with up to date CVS. And since posting that I've noticed that it appears to happen on all p2p races.

Edited by jamincollins

The Humans seem to have difficulty wearing capes properly.

capevv5.th.png

Dwarf name tags are not directly above their heads.

nameyo2.th.png

The new models look great! I can't go back to the stubby arms :)

Anything else guys? I expect to get 0 complaints and bug reports when the update comes :P

Any chance of getting an update that corrects the existing reports so that we can do further testing?

The Humans seem to have difficulty wearing capes properly.

capevv5.th.png

It looks like you did something wrong with the installation...capes on humans work just fine.

Any chance of getting an update that corrects the existing reports so that we can do further testing?

There really isn't any reason to before the update test packages come out. Just keep posting other bugs that you find.

Dwarf name tags are not directly above their heads.

Bother, I meant to fix that, I just got distracted with NEW_SOUND stuff. I don't have time now, but I'll hopefully look at it in a couple of days.

In the actor xml files.

If you're using the pack I posted here they all work fine :)

I was more thinking in the direction of giving the game a little more diversity and adding a slight factor to the scaling which would be controlled by the server and be absolutely random (give out once to the char). So all human male chars would get a modifier of, let's say +/- 5% to their scaling, so that humans and gnomes are still of a different height, but not all human males would have the exact same height as they have now.

In the actor xml files.

If you're using the pack I posted here they all work fine :)

I was more thinking in the direction of giving the game a little more diversity and adding a slight factor to the scaling which would be controlled by the server and be absolutely random (give out once to the char). So all human male chars would get a modifier of, let's say +/- 5% to their scaling, so that humans and gnomes are still of a different height, but not all human males would have the exact same height as they have now.

For $10, you can pay me to adjust your character up or down by up to 5%. That is already part of the client and under protocol control.

Well, it looks like the functionality is complete, why not add different scalings randomly to players?

The random range might go from -2..+2% (would that still be visible?), so that the incentive to buy +/-5% is still there.

Well, it looks like the functionality is complete, why not add different scalings randomly to players?

The random range might go from -2..+2% (would that still be visible?), so that the incentive to buy +/-5% is still there.

We don't want random scaling. But thank you for offering to do something. :D

Is there a way i can keep the old looks? I like the old looks better. But the new animations and client are cool

Not yet. Since the testing seemed to be done for now, I'll revise my first post. The next round of testing will be the update pack testing.

I was told this bug was reported, but i searched around and couldn't find it posted anywhere, so i thought i'd post to be sure.

Motters floating CoL:

motters-1.jpgmotters-2.jpg

Inbetween those 2 sceenies i closed and re-opened the client.

Not yet. Since the testing seemed to be done for now, I'll revise my first post. The next round of testing will be the update pack testing.

Can you put a linked post at the end of this thread and close the thread at that time?