Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burfoot

Does anyone train on Forest or Mountain Chims?

That is what I hoped, to be only doable. Buying nexus, but they were 'bought nexus'. And you couldnt remove bought nexusses with stones, only the nexus aquired with pickpoints/oa.

Its a fact, ill never get the strenght of pp-buying peeps. At first 100$/500k seemed a lot for 1 pickpoint to me, but now I see, thats not a problem for some players.

If people bought their nexuses with $$$, we'd be living in a mansion in Florida.

The truth is, people who buy nexuses do not buy much stuff from the shop. They make their money ingame, because they are already high level and can train on stuff just for the loot, then sell the loot and buy the stones and hydro bars. Some make their own hydro bars.

So everyone can do the same thing, it's a free market.

If you want to have a hard cap, I suggest setting one for attributes. A/D has an inherent soft cap already built in. Since a/d exp is calculated using the a/d of the opponent. If someone in the top 5 a/d wants to fight fluffies, he can enjoy seeing 40's exp per hit & block. By contrast, assuming an attribute cap: If for instance, 80 coordination were the maximum one could take, all of a sudden players might finally use reasoning and instinct for dexterity and reaction. Others would probably head towards 80 phys/80 coord. Maybe these players would hit monsters too hard (from too much might) to obtain decent exp per hour. Once again, players would be required to strategize what works best, rather than a mindless rat race to buy hydro bars and nexus removal stones.

I agree with this. Always have. Anybody else notice this post? I can't see a single reasonable logical argument against it.

If people bought their nexuses with $$$, we'd be living in a mansion in Florida.

The house next door to me is for sale btw ;)

Setting hard caps on attributes or skills is not consistent with our goal, of a game where you are free to develop your character in as many ways as you want.

The cap on attributes is a soft one as well, the OA level gets harder and harder to increase, the negative perks are limited, and the nexus removal stones method is limited by the low number of those stones in the game, reported to the number of players.

Setting hard caps on attributes or skills is not consistent with our goal, of a game where you are free to develop your character in as many ways as you want.

Ehhh I understand that point but at some point it isn't it overkill?

The cap on attributes is a soft one as well, the OA level gets harder and harder to increase, the negative perks are limited, and the nexus removal stones method is limited by the low number of those stones in the game, reported to the number of players.
The thing that bothers me about this, is that fighters want to be fighters, not go off and do potioning. What happens when they are just bored because it's impossible to train without utter boredom anymore? Currently the only reward and incentive is the "next level" and those are forever to reach.

The idea is that no one should reach an a/d of 150+

Negative perks are limited, yes...but there are already far, far too many, imo. The majority of negative perks themselves are geared towards fighters anyhow. There were already lots of "free" pickpoints through perks such as antisocial. More and more were made readily available with the advent of Scotty's Dead, and Harvester of Sorrow perks. If the goal is to limit players' p/c, why add so many negative perks in the first place?

Nexus removal stones are indeed limited, however only top fighters killing yeti and above day in and day out will be able to afford them. The idea that a career potioner might be able to change his ways by removing nexus by buying stones is a farse. Fighters have already monopolized the market for buying removal stones. I don't expect this issue to change, since fighters have the ability to "earn" gc much more quickly than top players in any other skill.

If ts pots with -30 a/d will be added people will get good exp again without having to add stronger monsters to the game.

If in the last 7 or 10 days of every month people wont get any a/d exp and drops, they will start pking.

The rest 20 days they can train, buy nexuses etc. Of course when i am saying "non drops week" i am talking about monster drops only. Players would have to carrie rosto's as usual.

If we set limits to a/d people instead of a/d training they wont enter pk maps again and they will kill monsters all the time to buy pps.

This way everyone will be happy. Lets not forget that el is famous for fluffies and its unique way of a/d leveling.

If in the last 7 or 10 days of every month people wont get any a/d exp and drops, they will start pking.

The rest 20 days they can train, buy nexuses etc.

They will not pk, maybe people with HoS who don't have any choice, but most will harvest,alc and use their other skills.

And when they are able to train again will they have HE, srs and armor for full time training.

And people who only get gc from monsterdrops, what if they are out of money after 2 days pking ?

They will need to stop playing untill they can get drops again.

I think that will make them leave game.

Edited by Zamirah

The rest 20 days they can train, buy nexuses etc.

They will not pk, maybe people with HoS who don't have any choice, but most will harvest,alc and use their other skills.

And when they are able to train again will they have HE, srs and armor for full time training.

And people who only get gc from monsterdrops, what if they are out of money after 2 days pking ?

They will need to stop playing untill they can get drops again.

I think that will make them leave game.

You can't make he's all the time and you can't pk all the time also. As it happens in non drop days everybody will pk. The non drops/no a/d exp period can be 4 days per month. 10 days was an example.

Actually players will save money and they will prepare themselves for those special days so they wont be out of money.

If we suppose that someone will be on line for 2 hours the first hour he will make money or he's and the rest he will pk.

Actually people will quit if things remain the same. Who will pk luci and toomass now?

You can't make he's all the time and you can't pk all the time also. As it happens in non drop days everybody will pk. The non drops/no a/d exp period can be 4 days per month. 10 days was an example.

Actually players will save money and they will prepare themselves for those special days so they wont be out of money.

If we suppose that someone will be on line for 2 hours the first hour he will make money or he's and the rest he will pk.

Actually people will quit if things remain the same. Who will pk luci and toomass now?

Why can't you make HE all the time ??

I make ess and bars 16 hours/day now that I can't train mchims.

To get gc for nexus for other skills.

And the reason I don't pk more is no xp from training.

And I want to save money for removal stones.

So no levelling a/d, no pk.

Oh, and I was talking about people with HoS perk, they usually only make money from drops, so they can't make money the days with no drops/xp.

Only thing they can do is pk untill they are out of money.

Edited by Zamirah

Who will pk luci and toomass now?

me if some1 between 120-130 a/d is rdy to help me :hug:

Maybe you can make he's for 16 hoursX5 days. 99% of others players wont.

So u are admiting that saving nexuses and removal stones is even worst for pk than training for a/d leveling.

I wonder how really pro's players like assgny and masterpitter feel now. They are close to 150 def and they see people full of negs who didnt train hard being stronger than them.

The game should reward those players.

@Tempest Maybe you ll pk them but others wont.Unfortunately a/d doesnt make you stronger. But additional p/c (that they are buying) does. Btw Luci is much stronger now than 1 month ago...

So u are admiting that saving nexuses and removal stones is even worst for pk than training for a/d leveling.

I wonder how really pro's players like assgny and masterpitter feel now. They are close to 150 def and they see people full of negs who didnt train hard being stronger than them.

I never make HE, but steel bars , s2es and hydro bars.

I have not bought any p/c, all the nexus I have bought is inorganic/artificial.

These nexus have nothing to do with PK training - I'm not able to train because ROT changed, so I work with my other skills now.

And I'm not so far from 150 a/d :hug: but the reward I got was no place to train.

You don't have to apologise for nexuses. Its your own right to do whatever you want.

My main problem here is that months ago there was eternal a/d training. Now we have something additional. Eternal pps buying. This is even worst cause people are not thinking.

They will just buy the stones and they will turn them into pps. No thoughts about will or reasoning or instict or even vitality.

@Tempest Maybe you ll pk them but others wont.Unfortunately a/d doesnt make you stronger. But additional p/c (that they are buying) does. Btw Luci is much stronger now than 1 month ago...

deleted..no sense to argue...

Edited by mufossa

deleted..no sense to argue...

I don't know who exactly you are but if you are old mufossa you had serious arguments when people were training with armed orcs. I have serious arguments if the strongest is the nexus buyer.

And i am sorry if i consider masterpiter and assgny as pr0 but thats my style...

I don't know who exactly you are but if you are old mufossa you had serious arguments when people were training with armed orcs. I have serious arguments if the strongest is the nexus buyer.

And i am sorry if i consider masterpiter and assgny as pr0 but thats my style...

the difference is i had an arguement with BUG exploitation

(or as it was refered to design flaw) ...... which is in essence illegal..

youre arguement is with someone taking advantage of a legitimatly implemented item in game..therfore youre point is moot and mine hold weight......

furthermore asgnny and masterpiter are pro more then you understand ..they are also friends of mine...and i never said ANYthing to the contrary......

they reap the benefits of low pc that a neg ball cannot and vice versa ..so i think youre point that people who refrain from negs should benifit is also weightless cause they do have there rewards which infact are more long term, while those who take negs will face a reset and degraded strenght through time

in closing i think you talk from youre ass and only look to stir the water....."thx for youre attention" :hug:

Edited by mufossa

the difference is i had an arguement with BUG exploitation

(or as it was refered to design flaw) ...... which is in essence illegal..

youre arguement is with someone taking advantage of a legitimatly implemented item in game..therfore youre point is moot and mine hold weight......

furthermore asgnny and masterpiter are pro more then you understand ..they are also friends of mine...and i never said ANYthing to the contrary......

they reap the benefits of low pc that a neg ball cannot and vice versa ..so i think youre point that people who refrain from negs should benifit is also weightless cause they do have there rewards which infact are more long term, while those who take negs will face a reset and degraded strenght through time

in closing i think you talk from youre ass and only look to stir the water....."thx for youre attention" :P

Yeah they used the sendmail bug exploit rofl.You have no idea what is a bug and what is an exploit.The armed orcs were allready ingame they didnt came from mars.(although i dont agree with what they did)

Actually when u were 130 a/d everything was cool. It seems from the moment u sold your char you became a bit nervous. Now that u are lazy to train u like buying nexuses from the npc.

On the other hand u are trying to give me lessons about negative perks while u at the same time want negative perks removal stones. :hug:

If i take godless at 150 a/d power hungry, scotty died and antisocial i will face a reset?lol

You only look to stir the water not me.

I used to respect you in the past when u were training btw.

Edited by agis29

Yeah they used the sendmail bug exploit rofl.You have no idea what is a bug and what is an exploit.The armed orcs were allready ingame they didnt came from mars.(although i dont agree with what they did)

Actually when u were 130 a/d everything was cool. It seems from the moment u sold your char you became a bit nervous. Now that u are lazy to train u like buying nexuses from the npc.

On the other hand u are trying to give me lessons about negative perks while u at the same time want negative perks removal stones. :hug:

If i take godless at 150 a/d power hungry, scotty died and antisocial i will face a reset?lol

You only look to stir the water not me.

I used to respect you in the past when u were training btw.

i dont have an a/d character i sold my char at 140 ad...i have a harvest character i dont train a/d not even for a second .

.so like i said you bullshit holds no weight...i dont buy anything, i sell dung lol...and im not the one that said it was an exploit/design flaw , i just quoted higher power

and like i said u r talking from youre ass..and you dont even know what ure talking about....

Edited by mufossa

I couldn't imagine that a dung harvester wants nmt breakable. :)

To get back in topic we all agree that training a/d all the time is bad for the game and pk.

We all agree that buying nexuses isnt bad and from the first moment i said that i like it.

The only problem i have is that the situation with stones and nexuses is out of control.

I am afraid that the philosophy of the game will change and negs wont be negs and all other attributes(except p/c) are becoming useless.

If i had to choose between a/d leveling and nexus buying i would choose a/d. Thats what i am used to do for 1 year i am playing the game and i think its much more interesting using your brain and more fair.

I couldn't imagine that a dung harvester wants nmt breakable. :)

To get back in topic we all agree that training a/d all the time is bad for the game and pk.

We all agree that buying nexuses isnt bad and from the first moment i said that i like it.

The only problem i have is that the situation with stones and nexuses is out of control.

I am afraid that the philosophy of the game will change and negs wont be negs and all other attributes(except p/c) are becoming useless.

If i had to choose between a/d leveling and nexus buying i would choose a/d. Thats what i am used to do for 1 year i am playing the game and i think its much more interesting using your brain and more fair.

well i had my fill of leveling my own char(in the neighboorhood of 500mill exp)...harvest is easy and no stress....also i do think that something has to be done about the nmt..

furthermore to be in agreement with you , i think their are WAY too many nexus removers in game..

and also i think attribute remover should be far more common so that people can shift pp easily..