Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burfoot

Does anyone train on Forest or Mountain Chims?

Am i the only one who see a problem with only one "safe" map to train on?

Tried training in KF not a good idea.. same with ROT. Thermal Serp -vs- bone = dead Burfoot ;)

are things going to change? or should i reset and stay at fluffy? what do others do?

edit : full post in better eglish, i was on feros, had to typ quick... ^^(still on feros but pulled out sword lol

anyway...)

i think more mc spawns are needed... 2 in tyrnim and 1 in grubanni...

i think it better to go traight to MC without training fc because fc sucks... (yes yes...) : i tried fc with a char stronger than mine on the tst server...

40/88 p/c and like ~10 more attack lvl... didn't hit it much....

so i think the best is to save pps while u are still on luffy/feros till aprox a/d 120 (use ts instead of thinking you are a pro on your double dcw.. ppl are so proud to make 500k/hour... but they don't realize they need like duno how many mins to be able to have double chim on them... so way more xp by training on a normal simple spawn ^^)

anyway, to get back to the topic... i think fc a bit useless... too high vita or phys = u barely hit with 110 attack lvl + 88 coord ?? -_- lol

Edited by Michic0_oL

I used to train mchim but stopped training.

Trying to get more OA = p/c to be able to get better xp from yeti.

Only kill some yetis and cockatrices - give bad xp but good money.

Saving money for nexus removal stones.

Harvest a lot, hoping to get more stones.

Spamming the market with lots of ess, best way to get oa without training.

But you could reset too ;)

Guest ohmygod

I can put more MC in GP if it's a real demand for them.

Yes please.

3 or 4 more would be very nice, it is a big map after all ;)

Edited by ohmygod

High lvl monsters like mountain chim and stronger have big respawn time.

If some1 wants to make decent exp double spawn is needed( of coz u will restore and break more, also its easier to die, but at least u can have nice exp per hour).

Its really awsome idea to add at least 3 more mountain chims to Grubani, so there will be two double spawns.

Why not just lower the respawn time? Then you can train with 4 people on 4 chims instead of 2 people on 2 chims. It's the same effect ;)

If some1 wants to make decent exp double spawn is needed( of coz u will restore and break more, also its easier to die, but at least u can have nice exp per hour).

Its really awsome idea to add at least 3 more mountain chims to Grubani, so there will be two double spawns.

I agree about double spawns. More chims spawns in Gp and maybe Kushamura would be nice.

Why not just lower the respawn time? Then you can train with 4 people on 4 chims instead of 2 people on 2 chims. It's the same effect ;)

I agree. Besides whats the problem with making them spawn quicker? They drop very badly so nobody will become very rich from them, unlike the yeti. (Which is probably why yeti and such have so long respawn times)

I agree. Besides whats the problem with making them spawn quicker? They drop very badly so nobody will become very rich from them, unlike the yeti. (Which is probably why yeti and such have so long respawn times)

Maybe it has to do with the server's performance? I dont disagree with you anyway

Edited by agis29

Double spawn ? Nearly every time i go by grubani, the spawn is free, and when it's not, im the one using it most of the time :) And i don't need a double spawn :D

Beside that, i agree that 2 or 3 more mountain chims in "safe" places would be nice, even a double spawn if it can please empy :(

Lol, i dont train on mc, i got better exp than from chims lolx, so for me they can have 200sec respawn and only single spawn in kf/tirnym/hulda, i was talking about ppl who actually train on them :(

I've been training for better than 2.5 years. In this time, I've achieved a position in the top 5 a/d, back to top 20 oa (after resetting)...and have nothing to train on. In 3.5 defense levels, I'll be at a point where there can be 20 mountain chims on a map, and I still won't get as much exp per hour as someone in 80's a/d training a single fluffy. Standing in an icy map being thrashed by a yeti, hoping for an occasional block to lessen the armor crushing blows is not what I call training. I see a problem here.

I'm sure many people would train on mountain chims, if there were more spawns. Yeti are now ridiculous to train on for anyone without a battery of negative perks, and millions upon millions of gc for purchased nexii and removal stones (purchased pickpoints).

Edit: Training up until this point where mountain chimerans ignore (131 defense) is merely a stop-gap fix, rather than a solution to more of a fundamental problem. I truly think the fighting system needs a major overhaul.

Edited by asgnny

And why do you think that? The game is not designed to give unlimited a/d experience. Think of it as a soft cap. Other games, such as WoW have a hard cap, where no matter what you do, you can't get past a certain level.

My point is that training a/d is counterproductive for me. I get less experience per hour than someone 20 a/d levels below me with higher coordination. If I spend my day training as efficiently as possible, I still wind up with a marginal exp loss with each earned level. My time would be better spent grabbing a cutlass, or even orcslayer, and killing yeti, or cockatrice, or arctic chims for gc and item drops, and buying hydro bars and nexus removal stones to then use for more coordination.

If you want to have a hard cap, I suggest setting one for attributes. A/D has an inherent soft cap already built in. Since a/d exp is calculated using the a/d of the opponent. If someone in the top 5 a/d wants to fight fluffies, he can enjoy seeing 40's exp per hit & block. By contrast, assuming an attribute cap: If for instance, 80 coordination were the maximum one could take, all of a sudden players might finally use reasoning and instinct for dexterity and reaction. Others would probably head towards 80 phys/80 coord. Maybe these players would hit monsters too hard (from too much might) to obtain decent exp per hour. Once again, players would be required to strategize what works best, rather than a mindless rat race to buy hydro bars and nexus removal stones.

I think you do not understand the concept of a soft cap. It is not only normal, but also desirable for someone 20 levels lower to get more exp than you do.

I think you do not understand the concept of a soft cap. It is not only normal, but also desirable for someone 20 levels lower to get more exp than you.

The exponentially increasing experience between levels is more than enough to serve that purpose. It's over 20,000,000 exp for a defense level for me, compared with about 1.3M exp for someone at 90 def. Even if I'm able to earn 400k oa exp per hour, compared to 300k for a fluffy trainer, the player on the fluffy will still accelerate towards my levels. One solid day of training vs. weeks and weeks of solid training for a level. I agree with your point -- In the relative sense, someone 20 levels below should get a greater percentage of a level per hour/day/month. This already happens.

This aside, I would love to hear your thoughts on the other points raised in my previous post.

I am playing both games wow and el. Wow had a maximul level u could reach. That was 60. Now the maximum is 70 and probably it will change again.

But we all love el and we enjoy the way you get exp. I dont think that el is ready as a game to have maximum levels. This is happening in wow cause there are instances were a 70's player will die in no time.

Many 70's have to enter instances together to kill a strong dragon. Also they have serious motives to keep playing the game cause in such instances there are good drops "epic gear" that will make them much stronger in pvp. And pvp will provide them pr0 weapons. By getting good armour in wow is like getting 100 physique cause armours provide stats like toughness,vitality etc. Also in wow there is plenty of pk action so a 70's players will keep playing. Unfortunately in el nowadays there isnt enough pk action.

At the level of assgny its boring to train and get crappy exp. I think i know how he is feeling. If i had those levels i am not sure if i would keep playing the game.

Maybe some additional god quests would help. Those quests could require expensive items like magic serps, nmt capes, arti capes etc. To be able to start a quest for mortos there should be some rules. To start a quest that will give u 5% more attacking exp the player should be 100 attack. At 110 annother quest etc. Same with the def god.

Another quick solution could be ts pots with -30 a/d penalty or some night vision pots with a might penalty.

Edited by agis29

The a/d soft cap is given both by the extra exp required to get higher levels, and the fact that you get less exp by fighting weaker monsters than yourself. So there are two caps. The idea is that no one should reach an a/d of 150+

Now, regarding agis29's post, it is very easy for me to add 'epic drops', such as a really bad ass armor/sword. However, the problem is that doing so would make really strong players even stronger, and would make the PK even less popular than it already is.

Of course, the idea is that once you reach a very high a/d level, you should do other stuff, like make money to buy nexus removal stones and hydrogenium bars. At least two players (Luci and Toomass) are doing that.