Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cyprom

Chest of Darkness

Chest of Darkness

General

The Chest of Darkness is some sort of Role-Playing contest. You will have to run around to find people who are involved in the storyline. When you find the right person, you will get an item and a location. Take the item to that location and in the end you will get a prize (only the first one of course). The contest is rather short, though you do not get extra hints. All the clues are very obvious and some only require scouting on a map. This can take some time, but there is no need for complaining :D. It does take a little bit more effort. You have to Role-Play, otherwise the contest characters will not interact with you.

I will probably be hosting the contest on my own. That is a lot of work for me. So there is a limit of 20 people who can compete. When the second checkpoint character runs out of items, it will lock and the contest will go on with the first 20 who got through.

The Chest of Darkness will be opened during the contest. Of course, this is only Role-Playing. What lives inside the chest is up to your imagination. :(

Prize

Bronze Helm

When?

• Sunday 27th of May, 2007
  • 14h30 GMT+2 (GMT+1 with DST)

-- Cyp

EDIT: Out of habit I wrote Quest instead of Chest :D

It will be Friday, I got everything done already. Sunday is just a back-up date because it wouldn't be the first time that I delay my contest xD

Sunday it is

Edited by Cyprom

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Not fair holding an awesome contest when I don't have access to EL, you meanie! *pouts*

Well ok, ok, I can see that you can't wait another month just for me, so have fun, you hear?!

lilbear

I'll be up for this, sounds great :)

EDIT: now I'm not 100% sure I can make it, but I'll try

Edited by Rockfall

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Not fair holding an awesome contest when I don't have access to EL, you meanie! *pouts*

Well ok, ok, I can see that you can't wait another month just for me, so have fun, you hear?!

lilbear

Didn't know you were off :)

Sorry...

Sounds good. But I don't get the time. What is it?

The date is Sunday, 27th of May, at 2.30 pm (14.30h) GMT+2 (according to daylight saving time)

So don't bother showing up tomorrow, I won't be here... Glad I know myself well enough to prepare a back up date ^^

-- Cyp

Will it be on the contest channel? If so I will at least read what's happening if I can't take part.

Glad that you have scheduled it after the Monaco GP!

Will it be on the contest channel? If so I will at least read what's happening if I can't take part.

Glad that you have scheduled it after the Monaco GP!

Yes it will be on channel 6

The contest is over!

Winner: BleedingSoul

Some people asked for everything that happened so here's the lay-out.

Checkpoints:

1. I’m having trouble getting into my castle. I need your help. Find me on the Whitestone map to get me what I need.
  2. I lost my key stone to the castle. I think the Tarsengaard Magic School principal took it. Can you get it back for me please?
  3. We recently lost our magic powers and had to open this chest to revive them. It uses the same key stone as the Whitestone castle. You can have it.
  4. Oh no! They opened the Chest of Darkness! Take this message in a bottle and warn the Tyrnim Magic School warden as fast as you can!
  5. This is bad! We need some strong men like Gerunos to fight the powers we are going to face soon. Take this bone to Carmien Mansion and ask him for help.
  6. I wish I could help, but I need my brother, Kadloss, by my side. He’s a prisoner in the newbie cellar. Use this needle to set him free.
  7. My brother doesn’t need me... He needs my energy. Takes this to him and he will help you out for sure.
  8. Great, you can count on me now. Take this symbol of magic to the Tyrnim Magic School warden so he knows that I’m on your side.
  9. Good job! That guy is able to beat the dark forces that reside in the Chest of Darkness. I’m sure. Here’s your reward.

Characters involved: (In order of appearance)

• Cyprom (Whitestone City)
  • TG_Principal (Tarsengaard Magic School)
  • The_Warden (Tyrnim Magic School)
  • Gerunos (Carmien Mansion)
  • Kadloss (Isla Prima cellar)

Objects used: (In order of appearance)

• Turquoise
  • Wine
  • Bone
  • Needle
  • Energy Essence
  • Magic Essence
  • Bronze Helm :)

Thanks for playing.

You said it was for GMT+2 making it 16:30pm in England (after the GP finishes). You had it early and I missed it, thanks a lot.

You said it was for GMT+2 making it 16:30pm in England (after the GP finishes). You had it early and I missed it, thanks a lot.

England is 1 hour before my time => 13:30

When I'm GMT+2 you have to take an hour off to GMT+1 (your current timezone)

Hope it went well. I was out of state with the band, too bad I couldn't take a laptop with online access cuz 7 and 1/2 hrs on a bus is not fun :devlish: