Sign in to follow this  
sufi

New pots :P

Potion of Might

Adds 8 points each to phys/coord

5% chance to poison you

Steroid Potion

Adds 16 points each to phys/coord

15% chance to give you gelatine bones perk for the duration (10 minutes?)

Edited by sufi

I like these suggestions. We do have "physique" potion, as well as coordination, attack, and defense potions, but they are rarely bought. These potions would be higher/more expensive but combine some of the lower, existing potions, and more about enhancing fighting overall, not just one aspect (like emu, or defense).

To top Sufi, I'm suggesting to make the Steroid Potion a vegetal 6 potions because there is only one potion so far that requires vegetal nexus 6, Extra Mana potion. It would give more purpose to the 6th nexus.

The potions could be made with some of the unused (so far) furs. For example, the steroid potion could use polar bear fur (since bear fur is used for attack potion).

Perhaps might potion would be phys pot + coord pot + beehive (unused atm)

and steroid potion 2 phys pots + 2 coord pots + 4 polar bear furs?

At any rate, the formulas make no difference to me, though I'm sure they would matter much more to potioners :)

Oh, and I'd make the effect full for a time duration, rather than like phys/coord pots dropping 1 point per minute. Maybe 5/10 minutes each?

Actually, potion of physique requires raw meat, which potioners don't have that much of unless they are fighters themselves... So, requesting a formula that doesn't require fighting to make the ings :)

16 to each is A LOT, perhaps 4 and 8 is better ?

It's supposed to be a lot...15% chance of gelatine bones perk offsets it :) Would certainly make pk a lot more interesting :)

At any rate, the numbers could be adjusted...either lowering the p/c boost or increasing the chance of neg perk :)

16 to each is A LOT, perhaps 4 and 8 is better ?

Yes, I would have to agree, 16 is alot of ph/co. Maybe 4-6 would be better for this potion, but thats still alot, although I like the 'Gele Bones' aspect to it. :):)

It's supposed to be a lot...15% chance of gelatine bones perk offsets it
Not really. 5 extra damage is easily negated by 16 phys, plus you'll hit harder and more, and get hit less...it's too big.

Steroid Potion

not a good idea because some ppl have this perk

Steroid Potion

not a good idea because some ppl have this perk

Let it stack then, instead of 1 times the perk, you have it twice :P

Here is another potion idea: Mystery Potion. This potion will randomly have the effect of one of the following potions (and this list is obviously negotiable): Spirit Restauration, Body Restauration, True Sight, Invisible, Attack, Accuracy.

Its price should not be too high (about 30-40 gc) so that people are willing to purchase it, but to make it worthwhile for potioners I suggest it requires a high vegetal nexus (6, which is used only for Extra mana so far) and gives a lot of potioning points.

Suggested ingredients, keeping with the "man of mystery" theme: black panther fur, black rose, red rose.

This would set the price for black panther fur somewhere around 15 gc which is pretty good for those who kill it, but it's still manageable for potioners to purchase the furs if necessary.

What do you think?

(Edit: typo)

Edited by LilBear

Mystery Potion isn't a bad idea, but there are several problems, first, that list isn't worth 30-40gc to the user, if they wanted invis or true sight they probably want a better chance of success than around %20-25, so simply put this potion would not be used :P , if they wanted to heal they would use BRs, likewise for the rest. Better to make a mystery potion that give you one of the following: +10 att, +10 def, +4 phy, +4 coord, or -6 att, -6 def, -2 phy, -4 coord. Both postive and minus traits would move toward the original at 1 point per minute, and give the potion a very short cooldown like 4-7 seconds (not no cooldown, then you could spam 20-30 of these pots and inevitably wind up 50-60 lvls higher than you where). Thus it would be a risk in pk, but the large advantages and smaller negatives would keep it used by some pkers, I like the idea of high nexus :icon13: , but don't like the idea of low cost high exp items :P , potioners would simply make 1000s of them in schools and lvl extremly fast B) . Black Panther fur is good, it needs a use (I want them summonable though)

The Duck II

The Mystery Potion as a random device is a traditional RPG concept (cf. Rainbow Wand, Deck of Cards, etc). Other forms have been suggested here before.

Such a device should really include bad effects as well as good, and would benefit from effects which are not represented by other items of that type.

I would suggest that the Mystery Potion in this case is created by fluke, rather than design, as the result of a critical success for some potion times (or, depending on the balance, certain critical failures).

Personally I like a few random devices thrown into the mix, in moderation :icon13:

The Mystery Potion as a random device is a traditional RPG concept (cf. Rainbow Wand, Deck of Cards, etc). Other forms have been suggested here before.

Such a device should really include bad effects as well as good, and would benefit from effects which are not represented by other items of that type.

I would suggest that the Mystery Potion in this case is created by fluke, rather than design, as the result of a critical success for some potion times (or, depending on the balance, certain critical failures).

Personally I like a few random devices thrown into the mix, in moderation :D

kinda like ghrae's ring of WTF! :(

but anyway, i think we do need some higher level potions, atm theres really nothing for a lvl 50 potioner to aspire too, except less failing. like crafters have crowns, manur's have bronze armor, but whddabout potioners?

my 2 cents

~1st

::DISCLAIMER:: im not a potioner, nor do i claim to be, my potions skill is 9 :D

Edited by 1st Warrior