Eternal Lands Official Forums

I am not sure that the idea of a 3 stage rost would work - rich players will always take the luxury of wearing a new rost, therefire I am not sure about there being a market for 'second hand' rosts.

Only a fool would walk around in 400Kgc of equipment and not carry a 'new' rost - the loss of one item would be too much.

ATM as I see it - PK is dead because top lvl players hang around and PK anything and everything in sight. Top PKers in tit/col/nmt - very few others stand a chance.

On the last non-drop day - KF was very busy and fun - but sadly no drops - so no risk.

I like MP's idea of maps where rosts do not work. Ie a map specifically designed for PK. But in that map, items equiped and in the top 6 slots of inv will not be dropped. This would ensure players had a chance, provide others with a drop - maybe not huge - but at least a drop.

Is it possible to make the rost only work if the player carries 1k gc - and the gc is ALWAYS dropped - this provides the PKer with guaranteed income - and provides the 'victim' with managable (and known) loss.

I feel that the DP arena has made a significant change to PK - sadly I am too high a lvl to benefit from it.

:D

You people are crazy for one thing. I like the entire basis around the Rosto but I got to admit it really takes fun out of pking. I wanna be able to kill some one and get a decent drop for some gc. I like the idea of how rostos have a chance to fail but I really think they should be taken out of the game completely. They are a waist of time in my opinion. Drop the gc charge for a item and throw the rosto out of the water. I mean because if you think about it Pking is like a game of chance. YOu never know what is going to happen next. Make it more interesting and a challenge. I wanna know what fortunes can come our way. As for the stages of rostos :) that makes very little sense what happens after it becomes black???? I think that the idea itself isent bad but it sounds bad in my person opinion. :) Sorry but life happens that way.

-Zure

:lipssealed:

that makes very little sense what happens after it becomes black???? I think that the idea itself isent bad but it sounds bad in my person opinion. ;) Sorry but life happens that way.

-Zure

After it becomes a black rosto it can be used once as per suggestion then is destroyed.

Would there be a market for the lower end red and black rostos ? I would think so If i could use a cheap rosto that protected all my items bar 2 then i would use them while monster training. Rather lose one or 2 items than a lot

Changes to rosto's have been suggested many times before maybe people should do a search before posting new topics.

Yes there has and also been lots and lots of topics on new monsters, magic,fighting,items,weapons ,armour etc etc . Arnt people allowed to post NEW ideas on a same subject.

" no sorry cant talk about new armour , already plenty of post even though your suggestion is totally differant" = stupid

hmmm forums would become pretty stale pretty quick dont you think ?

Anyway on reading the above posts I think there is only 4 options:(if someone wants to do a poll thats up to them)

1) Change nothing

Everything stays as it is now

2) Remove Rostos

Rosto's are totally removed from the game

3) Change:

keep Rosto's ingame but change how they operate in the game (as per original example suggestion)

4) Remove Player Drops

All player item drops on death are removed from the game and replaced with something else.

Example:

On death all players items are saved but a DB containing lets say life points is dropped ( a players life points are based on his overall level and are 500 points per level ie: Overall level 50 drop 25,000 life points)

these life points can then be traded at the wraith for :

a) Gold at 0.3 gold per life point

b ) Xp at 0.25 per life point (can be used on any attribute but overall)

so are level 50 player drops 25,000 life points .these can be traded for either 6250 xp or 8333 gold

(numbers are just examples )

This would also open up Pking and Pk maps to a host of extra new ppl . A lot more will Pk if they are not going to lose items ( except from breaking)

Edit: At the end of the day wether and how Rostos change if at all is down to the DEV's . If Ent is happy how they work ingame and has no intention of changing them then us talking about differant ideas is a mute point. Be nice to hear if they have got plans etc ( then we know to shut up about it :evilgrin: )

Edited by conavar

Heres a sudgestion that can simplfy everthing here with just a few words.

Replace Rosto's with another stone that only protects a random 3-5 items when you die instead of all of your items.

Heres a sudgestion that can simplfy everthing here with just a few words.

Replace Rosto's with another stone that only protects a random 3-5 items when you die instead of all of your items.

No. It would be fine to bring another stone in but keep rosts in game

to tell u the truth in my profesional opinion the lower level people whould have the option to some cheaper stuff, we n00bs who are broke but have some decent stuff need a stone that gives us chance to only drop like 1/2 reg items or something

but on the subject of changing rostos

Thumbs down is my vote

:confused:

sry

-Zure

The rostogol stones are very good as they are, all the PKers love them as they are. You have no right to dictate or suggest changes that affect others, just like the PKers don't have any right to suggest changes to other skills they don't frequent.

The rostogol stones are very good as they are, all the PKers love them as they are. You have no right to dictate or suggest changes that affect others, just like the PKers don't have any right to suggest changes to other skills they don't frequent.

Teh God has spoken I think this topic is pretty much wrapped up dont u think lol :happy:

Yes but, i pk, (or get pk'ed mostly) and i personally don't like rostos that much, usually i will just fight people wearing leather or something that i know they woulndt bring a rosto to protect with.

Edit: At the end of the day wether and how Rostos change if at all is down to the DEV's . If Ent is happy how they work ingame and has no intention of changing them then us talking about differant ideas is a mute point. Be nice to hear if they have got plans etc ( then we know to shut up about it :medieval: )

Asked the question and got the answer enough said :laugh: