Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dragonflyguy73

Bagjumpers

When you die, you drop what you have with you. Anyone who takes that stuff isn't obligated to give it back to you unless they want to be nice and do so, and are within their right to keep the stuff if they choose so.

It's not against the rules to take someones bag if they die or for any other reason have a bag on the ground. Even though it may anger you, it's best to just forget about it and move on. What does posting it on the outlaw forums do? To tell you the truth, it doesn't do anything. The person who took your stuff didn't break any rule by doing so, and is completely within their right to keep whatever they took, unless they choose to give it back.

I understand 100% why people get angry when they get bagjumped. But the fact is, if you drop your bag because you die, or for any other reason, you relinquish ownership of everything inside! This gives anyone the right to come along and take the bag’s contents. If they want to be nice and give the stuff back to you that’s fine, but I think if they decide to keep the stuff that’s fine too. I don’t think that people should be avoided in-game or be branded a bad player or “outlaw” because of it. If you drop a bag for any reason, it’s no longer yours. If someone takes it, they shouldn’t get a negative reputation for it. It’s part of the game. Instead of dwelling on it, I think you should move on and forget about it. If they don’t want to give it back and bolster their reputation, that’s their choice.

Why ruin their reputation simply because they took something that no longer belonged to you? Once you drop it, it's no longer your property. So why does that give you the right to ruin their reputation?

^ Feel free to respond with your opinions, and your answer to this question! Personally, I think the answer is: it doesn't.

This is how I feel about it. :pinch:

P.S. - Is there a way to "watch" topics? If not, there should be.

Edited by Trickarius

Yes you can watch topics, but I'd prefer to watch duplicate topics get deleted.

Edit:

You don't say whether you intend to bagjump or db steal as a policy, but then you also don't say you're after joining an honourable guild either.

I know you spam the forums, which is enough to keep you out of ours should you ever try to apply for membership.

Ingame reputation is very difficult to build up, but easy to destroy. You're taking the easy way, good luck with that.

Ermabwed: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...;p=279276

Edited by LabRat

There's the game rules (such as, thou shalt not harass, etc) and community rules (don't serp spawn, bagjump, scam, attack pvper etc).

It is up to the community to decide about community rules, and how to punish those that break them. It won't work to say 'lets stop with all this community rules nonsence'.

As there are three sort of bagjumpers, the effect of outlaw post can be rated in effectivity.

1. the n44b. This type of bagjumper is guildless and wont be there next week anymore so posting is pointless

2. the pr0. Looks like n44b, but has efficient character buildup specifically made to steal bags. Hangs around the mining areas. Is probably an alt of a 'respectable' player and it would be good if the admins checked on same IP trades thus ending the outlaws career through official game rules.

3. the wannabe villain. Some people are proud of being scammer, thief and all-round jackass. The more outlaw posts, the prouder they are.

Why it is bad to bagjump becomes clear when you make mass essence with your guild. It is efficient to put stuff on the ground and switch bags. It is not nice if there is someone standing around your area like a vulture stealing the stuff. Who does so does not get a ban, but don't you even try to justify this sort of theft. Go make the damn essence yourself!

Edited by sithicus

Bagjumping is like cheating on your wife/husband. there is no law against it but most people frown upon it and think others should know who does such things.

BTW if you feel there is nothing wrong with bag jumping then someone saying your a bagjumper wouldn't be ruining your reputation. Since you feel people knowing you are a bagjumper is a bad thing obvously you undderstand there is something wrong in it.

When you die, you drop what you have with you. Anyone who takes that stuff isn't obligated to give it back to you unless they want to be nice and do so, and are within their right to keep the stuff if they choose so.

It's not against the rules to take someones bag if they die or for any other reason have a bag on the ground. Even though it may anger you, it's best to just forget about it and move on. What does posting it on the outlaw forums do? To tell you the truth, it doesn't do anything. The person who took your stuff didn't break any rule by doing so, and is completely within their right to keep whatever they took, unless they choose to give it back.

I understand 100% why people get angry when they get bagjumped. But the fact is, if you drop your bag because you die, or for any other reason, you relinquish ownership of everything inside! This gives anyone the right to come along and take the bag’s contents. If they want to be nice and give the stuff back to you that’s fine, but I think if they decide to keep the stuff that’s fine too. I don’t think that people should be avoided in-game or be branded a bad player or “outlaw” because of it. If you drop a bag for any reason, it’s no longer yours. If someone takes it, they shouldn’t get a negative reputation for it. It’s part of the game. Instead of dwelling on it, I think you should move on and forget about it. If they don’t want to give it back and bolster their reputation, that’s their choice.

Why ruin their reputation simply because they took something that no longer belonged to you? Once you drop it, it's no longer your property. So why does that give you the right to ruin their reputation?

^ Feel free to respond with your opinions, and your answer to this question! Personally, I think the answer is: it doesn't.

This is how I feel about it. :P

P.S. - Is there a way to "watch" topics? If not, there should be.

Man think.. :pinch: When you walks in real life in ,dunno, city, and you will lose wrist-watch and some1 on your eyes will take it, this is not bad too?

Edited by brein

your reputation is not what you think of yourself but what others think of you

Noone owns a bag, I find one I take it, soneone finds mine they take it, it happens in EL. lol. :P

Once you drop it, it's no longer your property.

By your own logic, you are saying you NEVER pick up ANYTHING you drop.... because it is no longer your property.

Sorry dude, your logic doesn't hold.

There are EL LAWS that Teh God has set down in stone,

and there are Player Rules, that the general player base has deemed right and wrong.

You don't get to up and decide what gets changed in either of those categories.

Basically it's like this: Be nice and respectful of people in general, and the people of EL will generally be nice and respectful of you. If you CHOOSE not to do so, that is on you. It is NOT on you, as a single player that hasn't even played a year, to refute the Player Rules that were in place long before you even knew EL existed.

To do so WILL label you as a 'bad guy'. As has always been the case. Don't like it? Don't do it.

Bagjumping is lame. Ergo, bagjumpers are lamers and look who said he doesn't mind bagjumping couple posts above?! Lamers!

From my point of view. There are two situation in which taking up the found bag is ok.

1. You PKed somebody and your victim drop something

omfg! looooot - let's take it!!!

2. You find the bag, announce it in proper channels and wait for some time for the owner. If such does not appear you take it.

Other situations - lame thing done by lamers.

Yes you can watch topics, but I'd prefer to watch duplicate topics get deleted.

Edit:

You don't say whether you intend to bagjump or db steal as a policy, but then you also don't say you're after joining an honourable guild either.

I know you spam the forums, which is enough to keep you out of ours should you ever try to apply for membership.

Ingame reputation is very difficult to build up, but easy to destroy. You're taking the easy way, good luck with that.

Ermabwed: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...;p=279276

Okay, I forgot to mention that when I come upon someone's bag I usually don't touch it. In terms of joining an honourable guild I don't plan on joining a guild any time soon.

I created one duplicate thread. ONE.

I'm taking the easy way? You're being really immature, and you're being pretty edgy towards me. I never said that. I just posted my opinion about bagjumping and bagjumpers.

And I couldn't join your guild because I posted ONE duplicate thread? If so, then I wouldn't want to join because that's pretty dumb.

Thanks for being immature about it, instead of being nice and simply telling me that it's a duplicate thread. And as far as not being allowed into your guild because of one duplicate thread, that's pathetic, in which case I don't even want to join, had I been looking to join a guild.

I think the same way as you, Trickarius, but the community doesn't. And you don't change a community by exposing your ideas. You can only win by outnumbering them.

Yeah well it's apparent that most people don't care about our opinions. Instead of taking our opinions into account, they just beat them into the ground with their own opinions, not willing to be open to other ideas.

By your own logic, you are saying you NEVER pick up ANYTHING you drop.... because it is no longer your property.

Sorry dude, your logic doesn't hold.

I said so because once you drop it, it's no ones property, and anyone (including YOU) can grab it. You knew what I meant, as it was pretty obvious. For some reason you're pretty eager to get at someone who doesn't agree with you on the matter. I don't have the same view as you, but you don't see me biting off your leg because of it.

I was simply stating my opinions on the matter. I never said I was a bagjumper or said that I like it. Why do you all take it upon yourselves to be so negative in your replies to me? If reputation is based upon others views of you, your reputations are still so good being so hostile? Whether you're being outwardly hostile about it, or just hinting at it it shows. And I don't think it's very nice.

Edited by Trickarius

Um you ever play RuneScape?

That sort of thing is rife there, you'd fit right in. I'm sure the scammers there will love you :P

"eager to get at someone who doesn't have the exact same view as the majority of the community"

Thanks for proving exactly how clueless ya are man.

Nice, changing your post as I was posting....

"For some reason you're pretty eager to get at someone who doesn't agree with you on the matter."

Still, proves how clueless you are about me, and the community in general.

Pointing out the falacies in your argument and redirecting you towards the reality of how the EL community really works is NOT being "pretty eager to get at someone who doesn't agree with you"

You're the one that said in your original post

"feel free to respond with your opinions"

Then ask: "Why do you all take it upon yourselves to be so negative in your replies to me?"

The answer is pretty obvious. The majority of players that have been around for a LONG time KNOW the rules, BOTH community, and EL. You say its not right for those that follow the rules to point out the rule breakers as a warning to others.

As my dad says "that's not very intelligent is it?"

When you post something that is contrary to how the community of EL works, you should EXPECT to get replies contrary to your opinion. Even my 3 yr old knows that concept, it's called "DUH"

Edited by shallara

"eager to get at someone who doesn't have the exact same view as the majority of the community"

Thanks for proving exactly how clueless ya are man.

Yeah, and I'm always hearing about how friendly everyone is. Stop trolling me and go do something else.

I'm clueless about it? Well you do seem pretty hostile towards me because I have the views I do about bagjumpers.

Um you ever play RuneScape?

That sort of thing is rife there, you'd fit right in. I'm sure the scammers there will love you :P

Yes, I've played Runescape. Thank you for being immature and pushing me off. You're calling me a scammer then? I don't scam, or bagjump. I just posted my opinion. But everyone feels the need to be so mean to me when I've never even had the intention to be so negative to anyone on here.

Still, proves how clueless you are about me, and the community in general.

Pointing out the falacies in your argument and redirecting you towards the reality of how the EL community really works is NOT being "pretty eager to get at someone who doesn't agree with you"

You're the one that said in your original post

"feel free to respond with your opinions"

You're right, I did say that I wanted you to post with your opinions. But I never said that I would like you to covertly insult me in the process.

As my dad says "that's not very intelligent is it?"

When you post something that is contrary to how the community of EL works, you should EXPECT to get replies contrary to your opinion. Even my 3 yr old knows that concept, it's called "DUH"

You're right, I exptected many replies contrary to mine. But I certainly wasn't expecting you all to be so hostile toward me in the process.

I'm very open to replies contrary to mine, but not so if they defame me or seek to me in any way, big or small.

Edited by Trickarius

I was simply stating my opinions on the matter. I never said I was a bagjumper or said that I like it. Why do you all take it upon yourselves to be so negative in your replies to me? If reputation is based upon others views of you, your reputations are still so good being so hostile? Whether you're being outwardly hostile about it, or just hinting at it it shows. And I don't think it's very nice.

Ok, you've stated it. All 11 of your posts say the same thing. And maybe you ought to look at the tone of YOUR posts... I see somebody who thinks most of EL are idiots for not seeing it like YOU do. We get it, you think bagjumping is ok. I suggest you stop trolling the bagjumping threads and spamming those with your opinion. Move on to another subject matter please.