Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nidan

teleport bags

Perhaps it would be a little bit more balanced if there's a chance that instead of the bag going to the storage, you die :P

lol

no, no. There should be a chance that instead of the bag going to storage, your storage comes to your bag. Your ENTIRE storage. :devlish:

wow that would sux lol :D

Some thoughts on how a teleport bag may be feasible, balanced, and interesting (no guarentees!)...

Behaviour:

1. The teleport bag acts on a bag rather than inventory (cf. skull key).
    • Does not discrimination against weak characters.
    • Why would the user's brute strength affect how much the item can teleport?

[*]Full bag slots are teleported in order.

[*]Total quantity teleported is limited by weight [1].

• If a slot weighs more than the remaining capacity, no further slots are teleported.
  • If the first slot itself contains too much weigh the teleport bag is wasted.
  • example: A bag contains 3 pickaxes, 20 fruit, 250 iron ore, and 100 gc. The pickaxes and fruit are sent; 35 emu, leaving 965 emu. The iron ore weighs 1000 emu, so cannot be sent, and the process stops. The gold coins are not sent.

[*]Teleport bags do not stack and cannot be placed in storage [2].

[*]If storage cannot accomodate a teleported item, the item is lost.

• Either no available slots or non-storable item.
  • example: The 20 fruit sent in the previous example cannot be placed in storage, and so are lost to grue.

Consequences & Scenarios:

• If a bag jumper steals a bag with lots of ore, they cannot teleport it away. They could take as much as they could carry, take a step, and drop another bag to send; freeing the stolen bag.
  • A harvester/miner cannot accumulate a large pile of respurces and send it all in one go; they have to harvest an amount and then send it, or make a seperate bag for sending, exposing their main bag.
  • Characters would find it hard to stockpile teleport bags.
  • Goes someway to making mules redundant.

Mishaps:

• Teleports the user as-per mining accident.
    • This leaves the bag they where going to steal exposed.
    • Disengages any combat, leaving the bag next to the opponent.

[*]The entire bag is lost (no weight restrictions), as it falls through into another dimension.

• For added spice, you then follow it...

[1] Say 500 or 1000 emu?

[2] Due to magical interference; anyone remember trying to put a "Bag of Holding" inside another (AD&D)?

Possible applications for this:

PKer kills someone. Can't carry all the items so he uses the TB (e.g. a player kills two people who both have a full load of s2es)

Guild Party harvest session. After a few K, someone from the guild uses it and quits party - quits guild. Furthermore, add someone with an invis potion or spell, sneak in and invis + bagjump, pops the TB and logs out. (Cool trick, I suggest you try it :P)

Someone snooping around hotspots for bag mixing with a ton of skelly eys and TBs. He/she finds a bag with k's of ingreds, FPs and tools. He/she uses TB and gets a mini jackpot.

In addition, this could also prolong the duration of which you stay on a spawn and certainly in a mine.

Considering all these points, the outlaw forum would be a tad more busier :devlish:

Possible applications for this:

PKer kills someone. Can't carry all the items so he uses the TB (e.g. a player kills two people who both have a full load of s2es)

Guild Party harvest session. After a few K, someone from the guild uses it and quits party - quits guild. Furthermore, add someone with an invis potion or spell, sneak in and invis + bagjump, pops the TB and logs out. (Cool trick, I suggest you try it :D)

Someone snooping around hotspots for bag mixing with a ton of skelly eys and TBs. He/she finds a bag with k's of ingreds, FPs and tools. He/she uses TB and gets a mini jackpot.

In addition, this could also prolong the duration of which you stay on a spawn and certainly in a mine.

Considering all these points, the outlaw forum would be a tad more busier :P

Atleast it would spice up the harvesting :devlish:

When I need to leave a big hyper bag, I just afk on the bag, so no one can steal it when I'm afk :)

And also, I don't think there are that many bags sitting around the mines that this 'profession' would be profitable, you might have to go through like 500 keys just to find one bag worth around 20k.

When I need to leave a big hyper bag, I just afk on the bag, so no one can steal it when I'm afk :pinch:

And also, I don't think there are that many bags sitting around the mines that this 'profession' would be profitable, you might have to go through like 500 keys just to find one bag worth around 20k.

Maybe we shold create a Teleport-Other-to-Range Spell :P

no, no. There should be a chance that instead of the bag going to storage, your storage comes to your bag. Your ENTIRE storage. :pinch:

I have to say I have been laughing all day at scenario's this suggestion brings to mind :hug:

Maybe a negative perk in the making :P

It'd probably be just another 10 pp perk that people take right before they reset :P

Why not make it so that you can send a entire bag but the cost for it is very high like maybe 10k and u can send only like 10k of a bag to sto or something to that effect, I like the idea cuz I am lazy but I do agree that it can reck the economy and ultimatly make EL havoc or two easy. so I give this idea a so-so ranking and hope to see where it goes

-Zure

no, no. There should be a chance that instead of the bag going to storage, your storage comes to your bag. Your ENTIRE storage. :P

I realize that may have been said in jest, but i want to point out that there's little value in adding a new feature that carries a risk such that no one would ever use it. The devs have better things to do that add stuff that won't get used.

Exactly, adding too much negative side effects defeats the whole purpose of a high demand crafting item. No one will use it.

Another idea that pops to my mind: The bags will be pretty cheap, but you have to have an amount of gc on you. For each emu you send, 1 gc will be subtracted. If you dont have enough gc on you, only a part of the bag/inventory will be send.

Hmm, perhaps it should be a little less than 1 gc per emu, maybe 1gc for 2 emu. Nobody is gonna send iron ore to storage at 4gc each. On the other hand, 3gc to send a cape to storage may be somewhat cheap. Of course the bag will vanish, so you always have the base cost of the bag. Sending larger quantities is relatively cheaper than sending single ones. Think of the gc cost as stamps for the bag you are sending :o

AS I say this is a decent Idea but 1gc is a little low, in fact to tell you the truth way to many bad things can come out of this so I stay at my so-so ranking of this suggestion and give it the possible thumbs down :/ sorry

-zure