Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

New desktop icons

Here are the new dragon icons for your desktop, you can download them if you want to:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/misc/eternallands.ico

http://www.eternal-lands.com/misc/mapeditor.ico

The map editor icon has the same name, so you should just replace the old one with this one. For the client icon, if you're on windows, right click on the desktop icon, click properties, click change icon and find the new one and apply it.

You may have to restart or log off/on windows for it to show up.

What about icons for people who don't use Windows?
sudo distro-package-manager install netpbm

winicontoppm eternallands.ico eternallands.ppm

ppmtopnm eternallands.ppm eternallands.pnm

pnmtopng eternallands.pnm eternallands.png

of course, proper use of *nix shell allows you to cut it down to one line, but hey, that's one process to make it into icons for you

Edited by ttlanhil

Thanks, tho there is no ppmtopnm program.

I did: ico -> ppm -> jpeg -> pnm -> png

If someone needs:

eternallands.png

Edited by wexy

Orochimaru made cool icon too :brooding:. But i use bigger icons and for me it is too small. Roja, can u upload here bigger image and then we can make some icons from it :cry:?

Edited by Korushiku

Can I (we) be given permission to use the icon for the CVS version?

well what i did was save it somewhere, then right click on your EL shortcut (or normal if you like) then go find a button change icon, and just browse that file...

if thats what you mean :brooding:

But i use bigger icons and for me it is too small. Roja, can u upload here bigger image and then we can make some icons from it :cry:?

Actually there should be 2 icons saved in that file.. a 32x32 version and a 48x48...not sure how that "2 versions in 1 .ico file" thing works..I would imagine if you have windows set to use larger icons it should just work, but if it doesn't maybe they're not saved correctly or something. I dont kow, this is the first time i got the damn .ico file to work correctly so i'm a newb :brooding:

Can I (we) be given permission to use the icon for the CVS version?

Sure, replace the old ones.

Orochimaru made cool icon too :brooding:. But i use bigger icons and for me it is too small. Roja, can u upload here bigger image and then we can make some icons from it :cry:?

Agreed. A 128x128 bmp or png image would be nice. Both Linux and Mac can use much larger icons than PCs. Orochimaru, can you make one this big?

othertryer4.png

I made the first one from the logo on the web site, so i needed to take the picture from the poll so i did not need to upscale it and loose quality, but i needed to make the gradients myself, i hope this looks ok. Format is PNG for transparency of the shadow.