Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LabRat

Anti scam trade patch upped to berlios

I upped a patch to berlios to stop people scamming in the trade window.

This patch is twofold:

1) Draw all the icons in reverse (15 to 0) which prevents overwriting the previous numbers if they are >9999

2) Stagger the values by 8 pixels if the cell number is odd

The patch in action:

notradescam.jpg

I know the above zoomed in picture shows the 1 and the 8 colliding at the top pixel line, I modded the patch when I saw it to avoid that.

Merry Christmas everybody :brooding:

I think that a better method would be to alternate the text colors (even numbered slots get a gray, the odd numbered ones get a different gray).

I think that a better method would be to alternate the text colors (even numbered slots get a gray, the odd numbered ones get a different gray).
As in above but with one box text in (for example) c_grey4 and the other box text in (for example) c_grey3 or do you actually mean leave it as is is currently with overwriting numbers and the only difference being the text colour?

Because my patch writes the boxes in reverse order, that is possible but it will not look at all neat (not that mine does, it is purely practical) and will still obscure the quantity in the second box.

If you want me to just change the text color in my patch, I'll do it as soon as I get back to my code PC :o

How about a hover of the qty when your mouse is over the item instead, like inventory does?
and people have to go hover them all? that wouldn't help the newer players much, who haven't seen this scam before, because they don't go look. this problem needs to be pointed out as plainly as possible (note: m_bee's smaller inv patch did the tooltip, as well as changing stuff like 13000 to 13k, that has been on berlios a long time if you really want that)

Why don't you have the odd numbered columns have the numbers at the top of the cells and the even numbers at the bottom of the cells while always having the numbers pushed against the right side of the cell?

I would think that it would be easy to implement in both the trade and inventory windows.

On a different topic, if you had the help hints tell the newbies that some items were put in storage when the trade concludes, that would help avoid people falsely thinking they were scammed.

I changed it a bit, but it's in CVS now

Why don't you have the odd numbered columns have the numbers at the top of the cells and the even numbers at the bottom of the cells while always having the numbers pushed against the right side of the cell?
because you actually need 3 rows, not two. the top one is the indicator for it going into storage