Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jjk

Energy?

I was considering, how does making an essence, or a potion make you hungry? That's just silly.

***My solution***

Implement an Energy level. (Or stamina) This is the basis for making anything. As your food lvl decreases, your energy bar increases. (Feasting pots may need a bit of altering)

EDIT: As food lvl goes negative, it also takes energy away. (Even at -40, every tick continues to decrease energy.) Making the powersaving perk useful.

Possibly, have this stat tied into Vitality, a seemed useless attribute.

This will not diminish the use of the food bar, for food increases your energy, you still need a positive food lvl to perform any task. (Can't work on an empty stomach)

Also, still needed to raise nexus' after purchase. EDIT: Still needed to increase health

This will at first, slow down production, for you need to wait for energy build up (If using no potion/magic)

But if Vitality is raised, your energy(S) bar becomes larger, allowing larger quantities of manufacturing goods.

EDIT: And, maybe, possibly, if any chance. There could be an advanced spell, to convert X energy into X Ethereal

In fact, why not make energy a whole new spell class? DoTs, HoTs, All those good things. Spells including both Ethereal, and energy.

Ilike

Feedback?

EDIT: lol, pun

Edited by jjk

Nice idea about atributes.

Pure mixer could have olny 600 emu instead of 1k( like harvester/fighter who didnt spend points to vitality but mostly for p/c) but he would need 2x less energy/food for making items.

So for him it would be smart 2 buy ingreediens(ore's and such) from other players, but he still would make some profit cous he wouldnt spend a fortune for POF's :P

eMPi

I was considering, how does making an essence, or a potion make you hungry?
Because it would really take hours, days, weeks to do, and you'd get hungry in that time. But it would be poor playing experience to make players wait so long to complete tasks, so the time-cost is removed while the food-cost is retained as a limiting factor.

If you don't think the term "food" is appropriate, relabel it "energy" or "stamina". Now, shouldn't you also consume this energy while fighting?

The ability to increase your food energy limit has been raised in the past; not vitality, since thats a basic-attribute, and we'd need a cross attribute -- strangely ethereality would be most applicable (cross of vitality and will).

Though I'd prefer reduced food cost as levels increase, to reflect increasing efficiency.

Edited by trollson

I was considering, how does making an essence, or a potion make you hungry?
Because it would really take hours, days, weeks to do, and you'd get hungry in that time. But it would be poor playing experience to make players wait so long to complete tasks, so the time-cost is removed while the food-cost is retained as a limiting factor.

If you don't think the term "food" is appropriate, relabel it "energy" or "stamina". Now, shouldn't you also consume this energy while fighting?

The ability to increase your food energy limit has been raised in the past; not vitality, since thats a basic-attribute, and we'd need a cross attribute -- strangely ethereality would be most applicable (cross of vitality and will).

Though I'd prefer reduced food cost as levels increase, to reflect increasing efficiency.

That makes plenty of since.

Except, making 10k essences in 30 minutes (Game time) really sets that aside. This game is not ment to be realistic.

Yet, I am not saying you are incorrect.

If the problem is fighting needs to take energy, hey, sounds good.

Edited by jjk

I love this idea. i really think this would make the game a whole lot better

most other games have "energy" type things, this wouldn't really be good for the game.. its boring enough(for some) to just sit and click and click to make things, haveing to wait to do something that is some what tedious wont help things

most other games have "energy" type things, this wouldn't really be good for the game.. its boring enough(for some) to just sit and click and click to make things, haveing to wait to do something that is some what tedious wont help things

Mana is not energy.

Name the games.

i didnt say mana now did i... and o.O since when is it prove a point against your suggestion forums.... no one can do 10k ess in 30 mins... one guy got locked/banned for (macroing didnt actually see the conclusion) making 10k ess in under a few hours... sooo yea.., no point in adding energy maybe to fighting but with cooldown fights dont last as long anyways

sides mainly player el last two years sooo the other games i dont really remember..

Edited by chaoogie

That was an exaggeration...I'm sure you knew that.

I was saying, hardly ANY games have energy/stamina.

"Because its like other games." Isn't necessarily a con.

On the topic;

You might look at the food bar as your energy bar (as Trollson said) the suggestion to have energy separated from food doesn't serve any real purpose to me. Why would you like to have both?

The idea to find uses for the "other" attributes is a good thing though. And it would be realy nice to find uses for those attributes eventually, if ont only to make sure that having your phys/coord aproaching infinity is not THE way to do it.

From reading everything.

I think we can all agree an attribute can be raised, to raise foodl vl .2 every level of a certain attribute?

On the topic;

You might look at the food bar as your energy bar (as Trollson said) the suggestion to have energy separated from food doesn't serve any real purpose to me. Why would you like to have both?

The idea to find uses for the "other" attributes is a good thing though. And it would be realy nice to find uses for those attributes eventually, if ont only to make sure that having your phys/coord aproaching infinity is not THE way to do it.

the main purpose I would think for this idea is to add more realism to the game... It seems an ok idea, but I gotta agree I like it how it is.

I also agree that finding uses for the attributes should be pretty high on the 'to do' list!!

From reading everything.

I think we can all agree an attribute can be raised, to raise foodl vl .2 every level of a certain attribute?

I really don't think food levels should be raised.... or if so extremely slowly, like you said + 0.2 (at absolute most) every attribute....

I don't see the sense of changing something that works pretty well. Sure it's kind of simplification, but it works well.

I would love all attributes being important in the game. Not only p/c/w. Hopefully one day they will all play significant role. It would also end the problem with boosting p/c only.

Gil