Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blodoks

Summoning stones

Animals sequence is good, I have some doubt about new monsters from a point of view cost/benefit/lvl request.

After bears, I would like this sequence, where red monster has a summ lvl request reduction and blue monster has a summ lvl request increase:

- female goblin

- armed male goblin

- armed skeleton

- female orc

- male orc

- phantasm warrior

- armed female orc

- armed male orc

- cyclop

- fluffy rabbit (edit: more exp too)

- sslessar

- mountain chimera (edit: more exp too)

- yeti

- arctic chimera

- giant

Edited by Blodoks

Mind if I hijack the thread a little? ;)

I've also been thinking the summon skill is a little unbalanced, but in terms of the nexuses required. Before all the new stuff, the summons were spread pretty evenly between the 5 animal nexuses. Now, we have all this new stuff which is all animal 5. It hardly makes it worth getting anything less than 5 if you want to summon.

Some suggestions:

Animal 0 - Rabbit, rat, beaver, racoon, skunk

Animal 1 - Deer, fox, snakes(all colours).

Animal 2 - Boar, wolf, puma, bears (black and polar)

Animal 3 - Skeleton(armed and unarmed), gargoyles(all 3 sizes)

Animal 4 - Armed goblins, unarmed orcs, phantom warrior

Animal 5 - Armed orcs, cyclops, fluffy, mountain chim

Animal 6 - Yeti, artic chim, hill giant, Sslessar (don't hit me! but lots of other things are getting nexus 6 items - might work instead of Blodok's suggested level increase for some)

Just a suggested layout, but I think it might make choosing nexuses a little more interesting, rather than 'take all 5 for the interesting stuff'.

Edited by Terena

@blodoks only thing i would agree with is the phantom warrior cause unless ive missed something entirely they are a lil high level wise when its position normally lower.

and i agree with the reducing of those 2 level wise, but as far as raising it its pretty stupid, in all other ares the newest items are level 60 so why change it higher when its basically just me and you that can do them effectivly it would alienate the handful of top active summoners

me personally i dont really summon unless its like a new monster or someone asks me to otherwise ive stopped summoning

and terena i can see your need for that but in your suggest to "balance" summoning can you please explain to me where the balance is in a skill that is basically one huge money sink with little to no benefit unless used in contests... honestly summoning atm is just a hobby skill(for lack of a better term).

Well my point was in response to Blodok's suggestions. With the addition of summoning stones, summoning may begin to be a profitable skill, so perhaps it should be reworked to be more balanced when these are introduced.

Animal 0 - Rabbit, rat, beaver, racoon, skunk

Animal 1 - Deer, fox, snakes(all colours).

Animal 2 - Boar, wolf, puma, bears (black and polar)

Animal 3 - Skeleton(armed and unarmed), gargoyles(all 3 sizes)

Animal 4 - Armed goblins, unarmed orcs, phantom warrior

Animal 5 - Armed orcs, cyclops, fluffy, mountain chim

Animal 6 - Yeti, artic chim, hill giant, Sslessar

I would like to second a re-distribution of the critters across the nexus range. With all the new critters added over the last multiple months, it's time to re-think where they all would fall.

well im at work now and cant really look up the post/discussion on summoning stones, but wasn't there talk about req. an actual level of summoning for said stones or nexus and summon level ? which would limit it down to summoners selling summoners stones o.O maybe having cross skills like manu+summon to make the stones or something would be a nice touch but if someone wouldnt mind finding the post and linking it :D

I guess you can, but you can also lose the ingredients, no?

Anyway, don't worry about it, you'll see soon enough that it will be OK for the summoners too.

On the other hand, I lowered the nexuses of some of the animals (most of them)

Were these changes in last nights server update or will they happen in the next one?

On the other hand, I lowered the nexuses of some of the animals (most of them)

When and were will the new nexus levels be documented?