Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Halloween art contest

Ok, going to have another art contest, this time for Halloween!

Draw a halloween themed picture containing elements from EL.

It does not have to be 100% EL(as in every single object in your picture doesn't have to be from EL), but the main objects of the image should be. For instance you can draw your character in a halloween costume.

This time there will be 3 winners for the following Categories:

1. Best black & white (or pencil) image.

2. Best colored image.

3. Most humorous.

The rules are:

1. It has to be a DRAWING or PAINTING, not an in game screenshot or any digital manipulation of textures and artwork that come from the game.

2. It can be done in a variety of mediums: pencil, any real paints, any digital drawing/paintings/3d art.

3. It needs to have the major elements from EL. Minor elements can be made up.

4. You must state in your post what medium you used to create the image. (e.g. acrylic paints on canvas)

5. You may enter in as many drawings/paintings as you want, but if you enter in more than one, please put all your images in ONE post, so edit your post if you make more.

6. The file name needs to follow this naming scheme: playername_imagetitle.jpg

Deadline for contest: October 29th!

Winners will be announced on Halloween

WINNERS!

1. Best black & white (or pencil) image.

Ladywitch:

http://eternalmusik.org/gallery/fanart/mai...navId=xc9c1dd6f

2. Best colored image.

Scary Mary

3. Most humorous.

Harlock

And some notes for everyone who entered:

Alyxndyr-Nice, try working on smoother shading and cleaning up your line work more.

You can create nice shading by using a tissue to smudge the pencil.

Atmosfear- I like all the halloween items you put in, and the chim in the back :)

Baddude - 3D can take a while to get a good hang of. Just some things to note: your ground texture is way too blown up, and the headless horseman guy is too black, blending in with the sky too much. The sky should be more of a dark navy blue.

Ear- pretty funny :) But try to get a better color scheme for it.

Fabi - You're getting better with these 3d images! Keep on working at it!

FadeWillows- I really liked your first one, except the girl's head was turned away from the viewer, but the colors were awesome. The second one would have worked better if you used the same lightness as the first I think. It's a little too dark imo.

FullMetal AJ - hehe, I like the expression on your character's face :)

Harlock - This is really funny. And a great coloring/drawing job too!

Helagur - I think your pencil drawing is far superior to the colored one, so I put that on the site. It has nicer line work, I wish you would finish it :) The colored one is too smudged and the colors just don't work well together.

Icecube - Keep working on those Paint skillS!

Kagen - You're no ghost, ghosts don't have shadows! :) Nice pencil drawing!

Turjan - this is a really cool image! I think you just gotta work on shading more.

Ladywolf -Pretty funny, wish you would have worked on it more

Ladywitch - This is a really nice, clean drawing. Pretty good use of variations in line weight. I picked this one as the winner over other pencil drawings because it is very clean and has a finished look, also has halloween elements in it and is clearly from EL. Congrats! One thing I wondered about..does your char. have a black shirt in the game? If so I think you drew in some bugs on her shirt..hehehe, there's not supposed to be a line down the middle, nor a separation with the sleeves :D

Leahtwood -A great drawing, the boots were just too small, but you could easily erase and redraw them :D

Link1 - Lots of things going on in this pic, and the more things you have the harder it is to compose them. I think it needs more EL & halloween elements, also try to work on color more.

Mrs. Ice - This is a nice little drawing. I think some more shading of the background would make it pop out more :)

Scary Mary - I think the costume and the pumpkin on the market stall are just great :) It could have used some more shading, but overall great job!

Krudon - This is a cool drawing, I like the action and overall theme you have going on. It could use work on anatomy and shading to improve.

Kill - I think you have some good drawing talent if you work with it more and practice. The image itself could have been better if you darkened the sky and added more shading to it. Also, it looks like your char. is floating because there's no shadow under him suggesting he's on the ground-or if he is floating the shadow should still be ther ebut not be attached to his feet.

Posting for my brother KageN and my sister Alyxyndyr :)

KageNs :D

He used a sketch pad and a pencil, and then the text was made in paint. :)

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3844/ka...ownsall1ug5.jpg

And here is Alyxyndyr's pic :D Done in pencil.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9632/al...yrsamorieb6.jpg

One more coming pretty soon....

Edited by Jaxbot

LOL, that pwnz. but change Azrakan to LuciferX or someone, cause az does not pk I think

Fabi_LastWill.jpg

I call this Picture "Last Will" it shows the last Part of a Story i wrote. :)

(please.. if my english is bad.. im soooooooo sorry :blush: )

The Moon turned red.. Fabi could smell the beginning of an long an bloody era..

Everything was quiet till an noise could be heard.. a noise.. so horrible like the Night itself. The Noise was getting louder and louder. All brave Warriors traveled to the Market Place in Idaloran. Fabi was giving a last goodbye to his honest girl and said: "If i die.. please burry me where i belong.. here.. in my true Home.. Idaloran." She didnt want to let him go but nothing could stop him.

"I have to do this Sweety.. this is my Destiny!"

"It isnt your Destiny to die!", she shouted.

"If the Gods want me to die.. then i cant do nothing against it."

With this words he went out of the door without taking at least a final look back. A tear ran down his face while he was getting closer and closer to the Meeting Place of all Warriors.

As he arrived, all Warriors were discussing about what Mortos was about to do now. And suddenly.. an horrible Silence approached. The Noise was gone.. nothing.. you couldnt even hear the Warriors breathing.

Fabi looked around. He saw something he couldnt define. It was.. red.. red eyes.. Next to the red eyes there were another pair of red eyes.. and another one.. and.. then they realised that they got surrounded by Arctic Chimerans. Thousands and Thousands of these Creatures surrounded the Town. Out of the sudden they began to run like hell through the town. Fabi heard breaking bones everywhere.. screams..

Blood was running down his Face.. but it wasnt his own. Next to him was a head of one of the warriors. Fabi started to concentrate again. He ran exactly in the middle of the horde. It was a whole slaughtery. But then the Paw of an Arctic Chimeran cutted through his leg. He fell down on the ground. He didnt felt the pain. His Adrenalin was still pushing him. An Arctic Chimeran was slowly sneaking to him. It was stand right above of him. The Arctic Chimeran smashed its huge teeth into the neck of Fabi. He was dead immediately.

On the next Morning.. the sun shined on the little Town and on the massacre that happened there. The town won the fight but not the war.. this will go on for sure.. but also.. the price for the Victory was was high.. Children, Women and Men.. almost all died in this battle. Only a view Warriors survived.

They heard a voice screaming through the town. It was Fabis Girl.. she sat right next to Fabi, holding him in her hands. She just remembered his last Will in this moment..

So she burried him on the Idaloran Graveyard with his Sword, to keep in mind that he died for a good thing.

She was waiting at the Grave the whole next night.. always crying.

Well maybe you ask what this have to do with Halloween.. well 1st of all.. I want to see you in a creepy night sitting at a grave :S

2nd i think the scenery is at least a lil bit scary o_o

Greetings,

Fabi

Used: DAZ Studio, Blender

Edited by Fabi

Yeh she is wearing pants.. guess they went a lil bit too tight.. ill change that tomorrow.. maybe get a

better shading effect on the legs then too.

about the program.. well.. read my Edit :blush:

Fabi it's nice, but why dont' you add some EL elements to it? Like the sword for instance..right now it doesn't look like it has anything to do with EL. Well ok, maybe the cape :blush:

Well yeh.. *sighs* prob is.. as you maybe know.. DAZ is working on downloaded objects (or im just to stupid to create my own there :S)

Thats why i allways put the cape into it XD do you know maybe where i can get a (or which program i need to) create own objects for DAZ? Well if not i can of course search for myself too ^^

Greetings,

Fabi

#EDIT: typos :S

#2nd Edit:

1. It has to be a DRAWING or PAINTING, not an in game screenshot or any digital manipulation of textures and artwork that come from the game.

How should i get stuff of the game into the render pic if im not allowed for digital Manipulation of Textures? Maybe my Nightly Stupity harms me here but i dont quite get it -_-'

Edited by Fabi

How should i get stuff of the game into the render pic if im not allowed for digital Manipulation of Textures? Maybe my Nightly Stupity harms me here but i dont quite get it -_-'

It just means it has to be created by you, instead of you like cutting out a sword in a screenshot and pasting it in your image.

Daz..are you talking about Poser? well you can download a free 3d modeling program(lots of them out there like Blender, wings3d, etc), and make the obj then export it and import it in obj format.

Yes DAZ is mainly based on Poser.. and *pats on shoulder* i worked once with Blender maybe it doesnt get so bad with getting into it again. thx :ph34r:

Edit (again): Finished my picture but it looks like crap so I'm not entering it >_<

Edited by LoneWolfStrider

Update:

- Replaced offtopic sword with Cutlass

- added a few more lights and shadows

- gave the girl lil less tight Pants :wacko:

I hope you like how it is.

And Roja.. i would like to add more EL related stuff into this pic.. but i tried and tried and tried..

Its would just ruin the scenery to add more EL related stuff into this pic. Well.. hope you all like it

now.

Greetings,

Fabi

P.s.: FadeWillow.. Yeh DAZ is awesome. so easy, and so nice products out of it :D

Nice job Fabi :)

I'll try to sketch something up tomorrow during russian class or lunch :)

Nice Fabi :P I sent you a link in private messages for some great stuff for Daz FREE!!

Fade :P

Ok I have given it a shot but like Fabi says its hard to get 'elements' of EL into a render. Hence my character is in a halloween costume but just went to get a quick harvest of tree mushrooms in before the party :P

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m291/Fa...FadeWillows.jpg

Fade

idd, could be a pic she/he made years ago :S and just use for el =p

Ok I have given it a shot but like Fabi says its hard to get 'elements' of EL into a render. Hence my character is in a halloween costume but just went to get a quick harvest of tree mushrooms in before the party ;)

Fade

Nice, but I think it needs more EL in it.

BTW... what did you use to make this?

---Jaxbot

Edited by Jaxbot

Ok I have given it a shot but like Fabi says its hard to get 'elements' of EL into a render. Hence my character is in a halloween costume but just went to get a quick harvest of tree mushrooms in before the party :)

Fade

Nice, but I think it needs more EL in it.

BTW... what did you use to make this?

---Jaxbot

I used a program called Daz Studio its free to download and there are plenty of sites that have free stuff for it.

Thanks all for comments

Fade

This is a story of what happend to Krudon in Halloween! read it and see my contest picture! :) i hope you like it!

In the 31'st of October an old man from the city of White Stone called Krudon decided to go candy hunting, knocking in every house he went past.

Krudon knocked and knocked but no one gave him any candy... Everyone got horrified by his ugly old-orchan face, no one could resist it.

Suddenly he saw a bold man inside this lonely house in the middle of nowhere. Krudon thought the man looked like a very nice person and took his chances to ask this bold man for candy.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Bald_short_man: Who is it???

Krudon: Trick or treat? *Krudon jumps around with despare and hope*

Bald_short_man: This better not be a little beggar! * The man opens the door and sees this was not a kid asking for some candy but a disgusting old orchan! he pulls his cutlass out and points at him*

Krudon: *nervously* give me some candy please!!! no one has given me any yet!

Bald_short_man: Go away! dont make me kill you! *stares at him*

Krudon: Gimme some candy! dont make me strike you!!! BALDY!

Blad_short_man: Come try me Ugly Granny!

Krudon: *PULLS OUT HIS TITANIUM AXE!*

*** THE DEATH SONG PLAYS ALONG WITH KRUDON ***

krudonhalloween.jpg

This is a story of what happend to Krudon in Halloween! read it and see my contest picture! :medieval: i hope you like it!

In the 31'st of October an old man from the city of White Stone called Krudon decided to go candy hunting, knocking in every house he went past.

Krudon knocked and knocked but no one gave him any candy... Everyone got horrified by his ugly old-orchan face, no one could resist it.

Suddenly he saw a bold man inside this lonely house in the middle of nowhere. Krudon thought the man looked like a very nice person and took his chances to ask this bold man for candy.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Bald_short_man: Who is it???

Krudon: Trick or treat? *Krudon jumps around with despare and hope*

Bald_short_man: This better not be a little beggar! * The man opens the door and sees this was not a kid asking for some candy but a disgusting old orchan! he pulls his cutlass out and points at him*

Krudon: *nervously* give me some candy please!!! no one has given me any yet!

Bald_short_man: Go away! dont make me kill you! *stares at him*

Krudon: Gimme some candy! dont make me strike you!!! BALDY!

Blad_short_man: Come try me Ugly Granny!

Krudon: *PULLS OUT HIS TITANIUM AXE!*

*** THE DEATH SONG PLAYS ALONG WITH KRUDON ***

krudonhalloween.jpg

Thats great ;)

Ok my last attempt *sigh* :(

After reading coments saying 'more EL' I got to thinking, although it is quite hard to get free downloads for Daz (and they dont have Cylops or Fluffys haha) I did some tinkering about.

4 hours later, one of those spent in PSP doing post work here it is....

woods : check

tree mushrooms : check

brownie : check

Fade summoning : check

summoning cape : check

summoned snakes x 3 : check

Halloween? hmmmmm well ..... whilst Fade summoned snakes on all Hallows eve she got a little more than she bargained for ha ha ha

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m291/Fa.../FadeWillow.jpg

I give up now haha :devlish:

Fade