Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New idea

If evil people get more attack.. shouldnt good people get more defence..

i mean it would make sence

Not necesarly. Sometimes the attack is indistinguishable from the defense.

I don't suppose you would consider making it possible for GOOD people to set up an invasion of Unicorns on the Evil people??

I would normally go Neutral for something like this, but if I could set up an invasion of Unicorns on the Evil people I might participate. That would be fun :) Shouldn't the good people be allowed a bit of retribution? For a fee of course LOL

~Da Nurple~

EDIT.... I meant this idea only as a retaliation method. Good people could only do it AFTER the evil people had set up an invasion first. :)

Edited by Nurplewhip

A small suggestion, depending on how the invasions will for for evil people, is have a 5 minute window after the invasion happens for someone allied with GOOD can talk to the npc*or w/e activates the invasions* to stop the invasions, otherwise they would have to defend themselves

Sounds like a great idea but the benefits for the good are too weak. The extra harvest is good but if you are going to add 10 to the food then feasting potions should be raised to 60 food back. This will benefit the good far more than it does the evil because the evil will still top out at 45 but it would help them on high food draining items too. It would just help the good on all items they make instead of just the high food drain ones. Just adding 10 food means you just can't fill up anymore which is not really a benefit.

TirunCollimdus

My question is this, if only evil players can use bod and brod to attack and destroy, wouldn't it be equal that good player, if attacked by evil player, have an increased chance of causing the bod or brod to degrade or break?

Also, if good is more defensive, it would make sense to also increase the magic for them, since it would be a defensive fight style for them.

and also what happens to all good players that have brod or bod..we eat the loss of using them and they are ballast in our storage? :)

Maybe if u have one in storage already it can turn into an item of equal or similar value like a Staff of protection :)

Ok, forget about the extra food advantage.

I'd rather see the advantages of alignment affecting fighting skills for both good and evil.

Care to elaborate on that idea?

I'm not sure. When I saw att advantage for evil, I imagined def advantage for good. But it would even out I guess, would only make diference for PvM and people would change alignment based on convenience, read: experience.

Maybe evil people could have uber advantages on offensive spells and goo people on defensive. Like evil guy casts strong Poison spell and good guy casts long lasting Magic Immunity. But I'm sure the pking people would have better suggestions.

My main point is try to divide players in good and evil fighters, intead of fighters and workers. Not everyone is a fighter, but the good ones would have to defend themselves.

Well - certainly might affect some guilds. It deffinitely would be interesting to have two peeps of different affiliations in the same guild. *scratches head* I mean couldn't an "evil person" sabotage the efforts of a "good one" if they so chose - or were inclined - or were paid to? Or for that matter an "Evil Guild" that of it's opposite?

And transversely, could a "Good" person do something "Evil" like spy? or sabotage? hmm...

Tremendous possibilities here.

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

- tho I take offense to the "men" part - being a dwarf :)

Ferny

Edited by ferngale

Ok, forget about the extra food advantage.

no lets not drop it, i liked the added food, it will help a little, not a huge advantage, but it is one, and getting rid of it takes away from the "unbalanced" (as ppl have said) advantages

i think there would be more ppl choosing evil than good, almost every fighter would be evil. maybe if ppl that chose good went to another map besides hell when they die, like maybe a heaven map thats easier to get thru and maybe a small chance of getting a reward or lose less items when they die. and neutral ppl could have 50/50 chance of going to either heaven or hell

I tend to like symmetry in things. A balance that is clear, easy to understand, and well aligned with the good/evil sides. I too think the "evil" side has a stronger set of modifications than the "good" side. So I might suggest the following:

1. Only the evil people will be able to use BoD and BoD.

So perhaps only good people can use the Staff of Mage and/or Protection.

2. The evil people will have a 5% attack bonus (won't show in the stats, only when they attack the effect will felt by the opponent)

My first though was also a 5% defense bonus for good. But if that doesn't work, what about a stronger remote heal for good people (heals 10% or 20% more) or perhaps 5 less mana used for remote heal and restore for good people.

3. The evil people will be able to pay for monster invasions that will attack ONLY the good people.

The ability to build and maintain a system to destroy/damage the invaded monsters from the evil people.

These two are already a nice balance (depending on the future details).

Additional thoughts:

1. They will be attacked by the unicorns (if the unicorns see them).

What if good people had a spell they could cast that would cause a Unicorn to follow them around? It could serve as protection, or to identify bad people, or simply to chase evil people away from a storage (for example).

+10 extra food.

The only significant advantage of more food (+5 would be enough) is to not waste any of the +50 FP when the max food is 45. But I think this should be for everyone, not just good people.

+20 extra harvesting exp/hour.

This would be a nice advantage for good people, but I can't think of an appropriate counter-advantage for the evil people. Perhaps the equivalent of +4 will for a/d so they'd get a bit more exp in training (noting that a/d does NOT have an hourly limit as harvesting does so something like a 5% increase might be to much).

what if 3-4 evils kill all the unicorns together everyday. there will be no more unicorn for 1 day or probably 6 hours

If they do so, then so be it, but they will be very hard to kill.

Unicorn = 2x the attributes of a Giant would "kick ass".

i think good side would be more apealing if you got a 2-4% increase in skills other than a/d, and the evil getting +5% in a/d and the BoD's

The only problem with that, is then all PK's would be Evil. :o

not all but most :/ i didnt think of that, i still like the 3-4% for all other skills for good ppl, as it stands ents first post, i might want to be evil. :P not really, im good no matter what but it is tempting

We are all both capable of good and evil.. its our divided nature. :D

It seems like harvesters and manuers will get a (very small) advantage being good, and 0 stuff being evil.

It seems like fighters will get a decent advantage being evil, and 0 stuff being good.

Apart from the balance stuff, awesome idea. :o

Perhaps good and evil affiliations can be effected by "Karma" also. In addition to choosing which path we take.. darkness or light.. the strength or abilities, etc. that we have could be based on a system which really hasn't been developed yet. For years now we have either gotten negative or positive Karma points if we killed or healed the Wondering Fool Bot...lets expand and develop this concept further. I think I'm about -20 in Karma. I'm sure some of you are even more negative or greatly positive.

Edited by Enyo