Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slayton

Guild controlled castles (not owned)

I think i suggested this on old forums..but here we go again since im not sure if i got a reply from anyone important :wink:

In the far future it would be nice to have castles that say guilds can take over, the bigger and better the castle the more reward u get for having it (like a certain amount of gold/food/magic essence or something else appears in a certain room of the castle) Only the controlling guild could use the stuff though and it would obviously be a pk map. (not sure how exactly they would take control) This way guilds have a objective and have reason to fight other guilds to take over there castles...some castles might even have traps that players can set up and shoot projectile weapons from battlements...stuff like that. Not the best job at explaining this but oh well :P

Hmm, that is relatively easy to implement.

Make a few castles, in a combat map, and make good stuff spawn in the central room.

Guilds should guard the doors, otherwise others players will get in and get the loot.

You don't even need special stuff spawning inside the castles, alone the bragging rights from having a castle should be enough.

(Remember how cool people think it would be to own houses).

Just make the name of the castle change (Castle of The Rangers -> Castle of Corpus Otis) when only players from one guild is inside it. Of course this would mean that some people would always have to be inside the castle, to defend it, othewise other guilds could just sneak in and claim it.

If every player has an additional stat which says in which guild he is, you could be able to only attack people that are not in your guild. Also if you are in your own guilds castle you should have a combat advantage. Otherwise Krull would come in and chop everyones head off, and claim the castle for himself :)

lol, yes krull is evil :) I still think there should be maybe some little reward as incentive to guard the castle...but still it would be awesome to just have one. Also I think there should be different castles...like some newb ones so weaker players have something to fight over.

Just make the name of the castle change (Castle of The Rangers -> Castle of Corpus Otis) when only players from one guild is inside it.

If you were to implement that, you could also make it so that the good stuff only spawns when the castle is occupied by a guild.

I think there hould be another way of getting the castle: Pushing some sort of secret button/entering a special room which is waaay down in the castle, hard to find. Some other rooms should have bonus items in them (like essences, potions). These rooms can only be entered by members of the guild which controls the castle. Anyone in those rooms when the castle gets taken over dies >:)

This would enable guilds to have events in their castle, or some auction of items.

none members of the guilds shouldnt even be able to get into rooms that have special things in them..and ya i woudl think some castles would have secret rooms and sutff :)

Well i've got a question it wouldn't be right if a small guild/clan took over a castle but then someone would just have to sit in the castle and what if most everyone was off and only weak peeps in the guild were on then other guilds could just wander on in and claim it so I think you should be able to have like a lock or something or a drawbridge maybe that has like a #(whatever) for a password and only peeps in the clan can use it like the leader has a special power to give them the right to open the drawbridge it would help lots for when strong peeps are gone

Now that's complicated to keep track of BUILDING WALLS?

ADDITIONAL STATS?

Personally, I'd like it just pking castles...or maybe that's beacuse it'd be following krull :twisted:

well then you either need to make sure you have someone strong on then...and if weak ppl take it over your have no problem taking it back

What if a clan had really strong gargoyles or vampires that would guard the castle for them. That way you would need an army to attack the castle, not just one opposing member attack a newbie member and take over. Just a thought.

Actually... Velocet idea is VERY good!

I can relatively easy make the gargoyles be loyal to a certain guild, that

created them. Of course, someone like Krull, Swiss, Prometheus, etc. would still have no trouble pwning the gargoyles and, subsequently, the members.

I wouldn't do gargoyles. It will leave the caste undefended during the day :)

Maybe guild can hire guards? They would have to pay them an X amount of gold every 5 days (ingame 6-hour days) or so to guard the castle. Failure to pay leaves the caste undefended.... If your guild has lots of money, you can hire more guards (thus make the keep stronger)

Your idea is good too, Sander.

Anyway, the Gargs will be 'alive' all the time in enclosed spaces, such as buildings, caves, etc.

And Grum, Krull is not online all the time :)

they could have a secretary, at a visitors desk, just inside the door of the castle alongside the waiting room, just don't go down the corridoor without permission :)