Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sufi

Idea for Monotheism

Gods tend to be jealous :wub: What about making monotheism a bonus? If you serve only one god, you get 25% bonus to exp for that god (as full disciple, of course)? Would increase strategies, imo, and increase working together as more people would tend to specialize on one skill :dry:

Edit: The 25% is only a suggestion. 30% or some other perk could make the option more attractive :omg:

Edited by sufi

I see here at least two problems.

1. How would it work with gods' quests;

2. Switching gods will be very very popular with such feature, especially Aluwen/Mortos.

I could see this working. If you only serve one god, then you have an option for a final test of dedication. This test would be quite demanding, and would get you beyond the current %20 bonus. If people wish to switch back and forth, by all means, waste your money and resources.

2. Switching gods will be very very popular with such feature, especially Aluwen/Mortos.

Gilean - have you tried switching gods for the bonuses? I have - for the most part, it's largely expensive to do, even if you make/get the items for the quests yourself. You assume that god-switching is a practical thing - I've tried it, and once or twice if you find you're serving the wrong god is doable, but constant switching - not so much.

Beyond that, I think most fighters begin with defense god and switch at some point to attack god, so switching is not uncommon.

We could always apply monotheism as a "perk" and switching from one god to another could result in a penalty, but I don't think the switching would be a huge problem without the penalty. I think monotheism works from a roleplaying perspective and would bring about some interesting strategies and results. Would be fun to see what happens.

Gilean - have you tried switching gods for the bonuses? I have - for the most part, it's largely expensive to do, even if you make/get the items for the quests yourself. You assume that god-switching is a practical thing - I've tried it, and once or twice if you find you're serving the wrong god is doable, but constant switching - not so much.

For a bonus like +40% I would switch couple times. For bonus +20% did it actually, between Mortos and Aluwen. Not that expensive at some levels and for sure worth an expense. Make the bonus higher, more people will be switching. It would most probably affect also other gods then.

Gil

this sounds like a interesting idea...but maybe for a negative perk (light version of godless perk) - it would give 2 or 3 pickpoints, and bonuses/blessings from the god you serve would remain the same

#edit: to cyclo - i ment, "same as they are now"

Edited by skodarap

It would be too easy to level your skills. First train your manu while being at the manu god till level 50 or something. This will go quite fast. Then go to crafting and switch god, then to summoning etc and you will have all skills 50+ in no time...

The pantheon of gods in Eternal lands consists of many gods, of which we have major minor and lost gods.

All citizens that inhabits Draia knows that these gods exist, so monoteism is not possible. Also note that having the godless perk doesn't mean that the gods doesn't exist, it simply means that the character has taken an oath not to actively serve any gods.

However the idea that "monoteism" means serving one god only, could be an interesting idea. The bonuses and stuff will have to remain the same, but maybe we could think of something else as a bonus for being dedicated, or having the "Holy zeal"