Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

branch of distruction

idea: change the branch into something that brings less grief and make some sort of system where you get points for every pk kill you make :blush:

after you saved enough points you could buy some things at an npc with those points.

rostogol doesn't have to be removed then and pk will get you a reward..

hopefully bringing more people to pk :(

and yes Entropy the branch is too powerfull, and were not really complaining that no one uses it.. else we would be contradicting ourselves ;')

that no one uses it is just used as an argument so the branch might be changed ^^

Ok, so we complain that BOD is too powerful.

And we also complain that no one uses it.

Correct?

Fact is, hardly anyone uses it

so why not change the effect of it so people will use it more, but without the item break

and btw why they both got the same abrivation branche of destruction and bone of dead ''BOD'' ;p

kk we wanna be real, after 2 shoots by sword u r dead in rl..

Depends your armor :blush:

Yes i agree , with tons of rosto in game there is no drop to pkers anyway...

Changing the rostogol stones to only work outside from pk maps, pk maps will have bags again...

Or of course remove the stones...

Instead that, why wouldn't we make it so that when player carrying rostogol stone is killed by other player, he keeps his stuff as usual, but drops a rostogol stone. If he is killed by anything else, rostogol just disappears.

So player doesn't lose his expensive stuff, and pker gets drop worth of 10-15k, and both are happy :(

Depends your armor :(

Changing the rostogol stones to only work outside from pk maps, pk maps will have bags again...

Instead that, why wouldn't we make it so that when player carrying rostogol stone is killed by other player, he keeps his stuff as usual, but drops a rostogol stone. If he is killed by anything else, rostogol just disappears.

So player doesn't lose his expensive stuff, and pker gets drop worth of 10-15k, and both are happy :P

Then rostos don't get out of the game and they get worth 250gc like the serp stones :blush:

Depends your armor :(

So player doesn't lose his expensive stuff, and pker gets drop worth of 10-15k, and both are happy :wacko:

Then rostos don't get out of the game and they get worth 250gc like the serp stones :blush:

We could make npc who buys them :P

Suggestion:-

Keep the ros and the branch.

Alter branch to break ros instead of armours/weapons. This encourages players to want to use one, improves a users chance of getting a drop and keeps the price of ros at a decent height since they will be used more (on occasions they get broken etc so will need replacing more often than normal.)

Alround milky goodness.

Only downside will be when someone bitches that teh price is too high which is guaranteed at SOME point...

Leave the Branch as is

Make a Ring that has chance to break rostos

Give everyone a free branch of D and im sure everyone will use then

k?

plsthx.com

pwnerz!!

I complain that Branch of destruction is too powerful. The fact of it being rarely used dont change the fact. Some people maybe use it if its disposable for use and make the negative sum game of pking in EL even more negative.

Remember that the best way to win a negative sum game is not playing it (since you have only to lose) and as result pk maps are almost always empty.

So the experience and monster/player drops do not count as a gain?

And if the branch is so powerful, how come so few use it?

I complain that Branch of destruction is too powerful. The fact of it being rarely used dont change the fact. Some people maybe use it if its disposable for use and make the negative sum game of pking in EL even more negative.

Remember that the best way to win a negative sum game is not playing it (since you have only to lose) and as result pk maps are almost always empty.

So the experience and monster/player* drops do not count as a gain?

And if the branch is so powerful, how come so few use it?**

*player drops? O.o with rostogol that is extremely rare.

but yeah the experience and monster drops count as a gain.. but in an hour you get like 3k gc from monsters while an harvester gets triple the amount in the same time :/

**roughly said cause every1 think it is gay to use it...going into pk to destroy someones items with that thing cause you can't win with a normal weapon how low can u go Oo

now the idea i posted earlier (originally from Zaer ;') would make pk a bit more profitable :icon13:

hope you'll take it into consideration ^.^

As someone who just won a fight you are of course not too happy if you didn't get any of the enemies items, but as someone who just died, you are happy you only lost a stone.

Now let me get this right, you, being among the strongest fighters in the game, want to get an item reward after a kill and you want one of the weapons, that can seriously damage you, out of the game

Now of course we are all bound to our very own point of view, but don't you think a little bit of objectivity would be much wiser and better for the game in general?

Edited by kl4Uz

why not have BoDes. Break rostos and items :(. almost positive everyone will be using it then :) since atm no one uses it and apparently everyone wants it to be useful.. this would make bod valuable :)))

So the experience and monster/player drops do not count as a gain?

And if the branch is so powerful, how come so few use it?

There are no player drop. Only if you kill newbs, but if you do so people start outlaw topics, and call you scum and whatever. Also, there is no fun killing newbs. I only keep pking to see the funny death messages of my enemies, and since few people go to pk maps i dont see that very often.

Monster exp and drops are another issue. People fight monsters all the time and the spawns are always busy (another problem which deserves a different thread) and pk maps are always empty, why? Negative sum game, you only *lose* in pk and you never win.

Ok, what you gain with branch? Nothing? You lose 240k (is that the price?) and you can destroy enemy stuff. You just contribute to have less people in pk maps and make the less fun for everyone involved.

You want more people fighting other people? Try to make a system where people get *rewards*, not only punishments like branch and other stuff. The hydro is a step in the right direction but its only one and the pk is going downhill for months.

Have you ever thought that when you lose items by dying it means two things:

1) The another player has killed you

2) Now the another player has the items

If you lose items by branch:

1) The another player has succeeded to hit you few times (before he died/dissed)

2) Items have disappeared competely from the game

Do you see any difference?

;););)

Yes, i do,

as someone who produces manufactured items... i have another customer!

As to your sorrow on losing an expensive item...

I feel the same way you PK folks do when you frag some poor innocent...

Fresh meat at the door... feeding me money.

Have you ever thought that when you lose items by dying it means two things:

1) The another player has killed you

2) Now the another player has the items

If you lose items by branch:

1) The another player has succeeded to hit you few times (before he died/dissed)

2) Items have disappeared competely from the game

Do you see any difference?

;););)

u dont lose armor if u got rosto ;)

brance just need be changed..simple as that is, lots of top player say that, and we r for sure players with most experience, and btw who is this Ikaris dude lol? probly some newb who cant beat some1 and feel to destroy items just like all other hardcore credcard players...

Yes, i do,

as someone who produces manufactured items... i have another customer!

As to your sorrow on losing an expensive item...

I feel the same way you PK folks do when you frag some poor innocent...

Fresh meat at the door... feeding me money.

Its more probable the people go out of pk (and consequently out of game) for not having fun...

You already considered this? *Many* people who buy stuff from traders are pkers. They are part of the economy. Less pkers == less money from traders.

You dont want to have fun on pking? Ok, but dont try to take out the fun of people who go.

Oh, btw. If you kill someone and get the items, you are at least gaining something. If you break something, you are not gaining anything. So, using branch is many times worst them pking.

Anyway, about the anti-pk garbage, it remember me of a Sweettea's post: "the only honorable pking is done against HNR pk list". I only attack the enemies of my guild, mate, but i dont talk bad about those who do stuff differently. Its a game, people do what they want in a game, and that dont turn them into scum.

I dunno if either you dont understood or pretended too. I will repeat it again I only attack enemies of my guild. This is not exactly what your guild do? And you come here and say "your kind'. Stupid trollish garbage, if you ask me.

People want to have fun on pk. And since in every game there are rewards, people get frustracted when you get only punishments.

What I simply do not understand is your insistence that it's only fair if you win all the time ... where is the fun or challenge in that?...???

Who said that i win all the time? I lose and lose often. And when i win i gain what? Nothing? That is unfair, and it gets even more unfair if you considere that i can get my stuff broken for some lamer who dont want to have fun and want to take out mine.

And no, when i lose i dont think in buying branch. I think in training my char to come back again and win fairly.

Isn't this the essence of the combat style of rap* and slaughter you truly desire?

You are crazy. I said i want a system with some reward to the winners, not only punishment for the losers. And since i got many times the opportunity to pk and take items of neutral newbs and i never did, i can assure you that i want a system where i have fun. And there are no fun killing newbs, have a nice day.

Maybe when a good system of karma or whatever get implemented we will not see uber char killing newbies.

Until there, pking is a fun feature in EL, plz does not rotulate all pkers as scum. Its like throwing away the babe with the durty water.

<<BTW Scarr what have u bought from the store??????>>
nothing,never :}

edit: btw newbs like you can't hit pk'ers like us at all cuz ur a/d/p/c is too low ;')

Another reason why I see nothing wrong in a bod ;)