Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vwpro

delay

when you click to a spot on the map, then click somewhere else, your characters takes like 2 sec before he goes to ur second click, i think its v anoying for pk and training

why is this? can it be changed maby?

I get this sometimes too.

Anoying when trying to run away from someone after dissing. :)

This was there since the c2 update, it's an other walking system. So it's differend from the old one, get used to it, even I have troubles with it sometimes :)

map
kinda suggests that it's not the one in options. assuming that means the tab-map, not the main window, it's a matter of the pathfinding in the client.

this is a lot worse on large maps, or if your CPU is busy. (but because of support for large maps, going back to a shorter pathfinding search may not be a good idea)

I know what scarr means. Walking is delayed from clicking on the area (NOT tab) and then changing your mind and clicking somewhere else, say in the opposite direction (well within the 'clickable' limits)

Well, duh. The server has better things to do that accept walk spam from people. Which is why walk requests are limited to one every 700 MS (I think).

Well, duh. The server has better things to do that accept walk spam from people. Which is why walk requests are limited to one every 700 MS (I think).

I was merely stating that I understood what he meant, not questioning the server design :confused:

Hmm... "one every 700ms". In OldMath, would that be 7 tenths of a second?

Thus meaning that all this clickity-clacking I'm doing trying to catch that Leprechaun is fruitless? Um, not that it doesn't already appear to be so! Is there a strategy here?

By the way, please don't ban me for ClickySpam, I'll be good!