Eternal Lands Official Forums

pick axe icon above ur head while harvesting ?

why? people can see u harvest

u can see when u stop harvest, and not watch ur screen for 2 minutes, and see u havnt harvested at all

this doesnt harm anything, and makes alot more ppl less stressed/anoyed :pinch:

Well, we have a patch for that which rots since years in CVS:

[ Patch #260 ] show animation while harvesting

Date:

2004-Nov-28 02:07

Submitted By:

ecraven Assigned To:

none

Category:

GUI Status:

Open

Summary:

show animation while harvesting

Comment Date By

shows a flipping pickaxe in the lower right corner while harvesting.

actually a dirty hack, just strcmping the server strings for 'You started' etc.., but i didn't see another way. 2004-Nov-28 15:45 ecraven

No idea if it still works...

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

I agree though, a on screen notification that you are still harvesting would be a nice feture. There has been manny a time where i didnt see a msg saying i stopped (alot of pms or actuall convo in channels) and ended up sitting for a couple min waiting to see if my count incramented :omg:

I think a animation would more just be wasted cpu cycles, but an icon either over your head or maybe in the same spot as the spell icons (lower right hand corner iirc) shouldnt be too har to implement.

just my ideas

:ph34r:

When the client receives information about a character, one of the activity types is 'harvest'. This is not acted upon, and I don't know whether the server actually sends this out; but the starting point is already there.

If this information is already being sent, then the client could do something simple with it; even if it just appends to the "look-at" response.

Animation would be nice, but there are lots of complications (all discussed before).

...oops, misread. the OP was to show you what you are doing. The above shows when others are harvesting...

Edited by trollson

When the client receives information about a character, one of the activity types is 'harvest'. This is not acted upon, and I don't know whether the server actually sends this out; but the starting point is already there.

If this information is already being sent, then the client could do something simple with it; even if it just appends to the "look-at" response.

Animation would be nice, but there are lots of complications (all discussed before).

...oops, misread. the OP was to show you what you are doing. The above shows when others are harvesting...

The Look at idea isnt a bad idea either, especially if the client is already receiving notice. I t would be kinda fun to go around and see what ppl are harving if more then one thing is in a close area.

But yeah i think this post is more trying to make it easier to see that you are still harvesting and not just sitting there.

When the client receives information about a character, one of the activity types is 'harvest'.
It would be kinda fun to go around and see what ppl are harving if more then one thing is in a close area.
Unfortunately I don't believe this tells you what they are harvesting, just that they are harvesting something. For an animation it would need to know the object being harvesting though.

When the client receives information about a character, one of the activity types is 'harvest'.
It would be kinda fun to go around and see what ppl are harving if more then one thing is in a close area.
Unfortunately I don't believe this tells you what they are harvesting, just that they are harvesting something. For an animation it would need to know the object being harvesting though.

:omg: yeah i dont know what i was thinking, at best you could guess what they are harving by proximity. must be too long harvesting myself this session lol :ph34r: