chaoticsmurf

Ranking System

Ranking System  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't really care

Ok I had an idea here so I'm going to run with it. I'm planning on starting a website for a pk guild ranking system. I plan to hold regular tournaments of various kinds (e.g. 5 on 5 matches, 1 on 1, 10 on 10 etc.)

I plan to offer prizes for wins as well for extra encentive which will be announced before the tournament starts so you know what your competing for besides rank. At first the tournaments will be free if it does well I think I'll start a small entrance fee (1k gc or something to that affect per guild) to go to the winner's pot. (no I plan on making no profit from this) I'm hoping this will get interest in guilds again, and finally answer the question of who is the best pk guild.

If this goes well I plan on doing a similar version for individual pking, and not just for guilds. And making my own guild to help me run all this but first I want to test it out for a few months.

Now I'm going to wait 2 weeks to start on this and I want any ideas/suggestions and if anyone would like to help feel free to say so.

*edited so it wasn't so longwinded* :sneaky:

Edited by chaoticsmurf

Sounds good, if a little longwinded - how would you get the initial seeds for level? - but I don't think that bold italic blue would really have been necessary for the post, yay for not closing your tags :D

Everyone starts at 000, tournament seeds will be random obviously. But your rank starts at 000, and your first win will give around 20 some odd points. I'll post the exact formula later. I don't really want to work on it if nobody wants this. Cause it's quiet a bit of work so I just want to know guilds are interested in this. :D

I like this idea very much (though I'm in a non-pk guild :))

If you need help or anything, just contact me :hehe: (In game over PM plz)

I won't post any ideas here, mainly cuz I haven't thought about it yet. But I have played certain tournaments like that in the past.

Just call me if you need a hand :D Good luck with it!

Cyp

Ok I had an idea here so I'm going to run with it. I'm planning on starting a website for a pk guild ranking system. I plan to hold regular tournaments of various kinds (e.g. 5 on 5 matches, 1 on 1, 10 on 10 etc.)

I plan to offer prizes for wins as well for extra encentive which will be announced before the tournament starts so you know what your competing for besides rank. At first the tournaments will be free if it does well I think I'll start a small entrance fee (1k gc or something to that affect per guild) to go to the winner's pot. (no I plan on making no profit from this) I'm hoping this will get interest in guilds again, and finally answer the question of who is the best pk guild.

I've already got some of the programming figured out for the rankings. I'll try and put it in terms where everyone can understand. Here goes... basically you get points for winning. Say two guilds are ranked 000 (meaning they have no wins) The winner will get 28 pts. Now if a guild ranked 000 beats a guild ranked say 400, then the 000 guild will get around 35 pts. So basically you get more points for beating people at your level or above your level. If a 400 pt guild beats a 000 pt guild they will get 1-3 points. (I haven't worked out all the details on this yet) So basically there will be tournaments and you can get together on your own and pk and post your results on an individual guild level. (you must agree to be pking for guild ranking beforehand though)

If this goes well I plan on doing a similar version for individual pking, and not just for guilds. And making my own guild to help me run all this but first I want to test it out for a few months.

Now I'm going to wait 2 weeks to start on this and I want any ideas/suggestions and if anyone would like to help feel free to say so.

What a GREAT idea, i love watching pk, i will try to enter but i'm the only person in my guild with a respectable a/d, respectable as in 30/30+ :P

Hmmm... good idea, not really strong atm, but yeah it'll be cool

i like the idea smurf! :D

and now i realize why you have been saying that guilds will come back into power and

be "fun" (if thats the word) again.

i feel guilds have been getting a tad bit boring (not much to do) this would be a great way to...hmmm....revive? them.

anyway..i am voting yes! yes! yes!

i knew there was a reason i worked so hard to join a guild :)

as always,

1st Warrior

ingame: 1st_Warrior (notice the big difference in names :P )

I hope some day there wil be something like that but controlled by npc and npc will collect player records

I hope some day there wil be something like that but controlled by npc and npc will collect player records

I agree. That's the only major flaw with my idea (which I have started working on by the way I hope to have it up and testing sometime next month) The rankings will be based soley on players reporting wins/losses. So accuracy will be very difficult maybe sometime in the future though the dev's could work on this and institute it in game. Guild rankings will be easier cause I think most guilds will report, individual pk records are going to be where the problems really are with rankings, and I'm trying to come up with something to solve that. Perhaps I could make a bot that tallies pking? Hmmm maybe I'll see what they say about that.

Always nice to see a mod taking an interest /sarcasm.

Anyway, I think the idea has merit, your best bet is trying to get together with some of the big pk'ing guilds I reckon, and seeing how many of them would be interested

Edited by Robb

Always nice to see a mod taking an interest /sarcasm.

Anyway, I think the idea has merit, your best bet is trying to get together with some of the big pk'ing guilds I reckon, and seeing how many of them would be interested

That's what I was hoping this thread would accomplish