Eternal Lands Official Forums

What about only having rusted armors dropped by monsters? Let's say the stats are 3/4 of what the normal ones are. This way manuers will be able to sell the new stuff to the fighters, and fighters will be able to sell this rusted armor to newer players, and so we will have more different armors ingame and maybe a better market. For example a rusted tit chain, or a rusted helm, would be nice imo :omg:

Edited by Cycloonx

I'm not sure I like this idea, but an easier way to implement something like this would be to have the monsters drop degraded version of armor. You can then take it to Tankle (spelling?) to have it fully destroyed (for a small fee).

just put in a new monster like a knight or something that drops armour and weapons more often, np :P

I think you all have made a very good sugestion.

Gobs and skeletons drop bones...makes sense. Armed gobs and skeletons drop bones and... well... why not be able to pickup the armor and sword?

[edit] although, it might create a glut on the market....

Edited by 0ctane

I thought monsters stopped dropping decent armor since the rate change (tit and steel chain that is), I've only gotten helms and leather since the change :P

Or have them drop metal bars. Iron Bars for the lower creatures, steel bars for the upper ones.

It would be a random chance (not a guarantee).

Storyline could be something about only getting part of the weapons (since we don't have weapon parts like hilts, we could just give out the metal bars randomly).

If they drop bars it will just change from them affecting the manu market to the alch maket. We need to make monster drop items which can't be got anywhere else. Once they start droping things other skills make, you start ruining another maket (this is because fighters get the items for almost free, whereas the other skills have to make the item).

This is abit off topic, but if we wanted fighters to drop something other than armor and weapons it would have to be something that sells wuite cheap (less than 1k) and alot of people has to use. one idea i thought of was to make harvesting of metals or gems need something (just like the new hydrogen ore needing s2e's, but something cheaper) e.g. a stone of some sort is droped 1/100 monsters or something, and it could either be a different stone for every ore and gem, or you would get the basic stone which you would then have to do something to in order to tell which ore/gem it would work with.

This would then give fighters something that they could sell (as most skills harvest ore/gem's) and limit the amount of high level harvest items coming in (so newbies could still harvest there flowers easily, and people harvesting for exp would still get there vege's but they can't get ore and gems as easily).

Alot of people will bitch aout this though as it does make the game harder, but the problem at the moment is everything is to easy to do and fast to do that everyone does it themselfs, meaning noone buying on market and everyone making there money from NPC's. So if you wanted to adviod the bitch you could just do it for all new ore's coming out in the future and forget about the onces in-game.

Dropping metal bars has a good rational, though if they represent scrap metal it introduces recycling -- we'd be looking to melt down old armour and weapons ourselves (not too hard to do?).

Having a wider set of "mundane" items, such as orc armour and weapons, would add to the game colour (more than adding new rare items even), but Roja would be working an extra 24/7...

If they drop bars it will just change from them affecting the manu market to the alch maket. We need to make monster drop items which can't be got anywhere else. Once they start droping things other skills make, you start ruining another maket (this is because fighters get the items for almost free, whereas the other skills have to make the item).

Prices of lakeside blacksmith and trik can always be raised :)

Edited by ville-v

Guest ohmygod

I like the idea of bars as drops, but i think the rate of harvest for ores should also be reduced by half too because if this stayed the same there would be 2 sources of bars (mining and drops) and this would make the price of bars decrease(?)

Guest ohmygod

topic is rusted armour - metal bar= bits of broken armour?

As a person who trains on monsters a lot and relies on income from these drops to support my training, i certainly would not like to spend gc getting tankel to fix/break armour i got from a drop.

Now finding metal bars which represent broken bits of armour is fine by me.

or is the halving the harvest rate suggestion not good for you as a harvester/manuer and seen as off topic?

Err, if monster start to drop crappy/damaged armor they should drop more, if they dont fighters will go bankarupcy.

Err, if monster start to drop crappy/damaged armor they should drop more, if they dont fighters will go bankarupcy.

thus forcing fighters to expierence the life of a non fighter and make some theirselves... instead of being lazy and letting other ppl do it for them?

(I for one don''t mind to make stuff for friends/allies but there are ppl who do :icon13: )

Usually the fighters only (i am not a fighter only) just go to the blue lupine spot or silver/iron ore cave and get the gc they want, no problem.

But i think all "professions", like fighter, summoner, crafter, etc should hava an oportunity of making profit.

I agree atm, its mainly the alchemists , potionists and fighters who make profit (fighting in my case since I make my own stuff like lorck does iirc) summoners crafters and manufacterers simply have to must cost to get around... (leaving out harvesters cause they are both groups since most ppl can harve even without the nexus)

EDIT : typos

Edited by Hyperion

As a person who trains on monsters a lot and relies on income from these drops to support my training, i certainly would not like to spend gc getting tankel to fix/break armour i got from a drop.

Why not? Spending 1500gc and get new greaves at tankel, or spend 3500gc at the market for greaves, it's a win - win situation, people who don't want to depend on 'luck' can just sell that damaged armor and pay a little extra to get new armor. It shouldn't be too easy ;)