Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Charm of Annoyance

Who hasn't had a PKer constantly trying to kill them while they train or are forced to traverse PK maps?

Introducing: Charm of Annoyance.

While being attacked by a PKer, you would use the charm. There would be a chance that it would attach itself to the PKer.

*IF* it attached the PKer, the PKer would then automatically diss and find himself in the center of KF. Any map changes for the next 10 minutes would result in being transported back to the center of KF.

Now there would still be a very good chance that people would get killed by PKers either because they were too low a level or because the Charm wouldn't always work.

For those you get caught in KF, perhaps an auto message (mod blue text) or perhaps on a specified channel... a message: "PlayerX has annoyed someone and is now stuck in KF."

Who hasn't had a PKer constantly trying to kill them while they train or are forced to traverse PK maps?

While being attacked by a PKer, you would use the charm. There would be a chance that it would attach itself to the PKer.

*IF* it attached the PKer, the PKer would then automatically diss and find himself in the center of KF. Any map changes for the next 10 minutes would result in being transported back to the center of KF.

Now there would still be a very good chance that people would get killed by PKers either because they were too low a level or because the Charm wouldn't always work.

For those you get caught in KF, perhaps an auto message (mod blue text) or perhaps on a specified channel... a message: "PlayerX has annoyed someone and is now stuck in KF."

p00r pkers noone like them

Ezacly. Part of this game is risk, one of the risks is being attacked by teh ebul pkz0rs. If ya don't wanna get pk'ed, don't go to those maps :)

Does it have to be just pkers? :mace:

lol want it on monsters too?

i can already see kf filled with chims fluffy's and other kind of monsters :)

Does it have to be just pkers? :mace:

lol want it on monsters too?

i can already see kf filled with chims fluffy's and other kind of monsters :)

LOL that would be funny too

Actually I was thinking of annoying players whatever they're doing, not just annoying pkers. Like annoying trade spammers, annoying beggers, annoying players who pm you to death...

Ezacly. Part of this game is risk, one of the risks is being attacked by teh ebul pkz0rs. If ya don't wanna get pk'ed, don't go to those maps :)

*loud buzzer* Wrong

Why should PKers have no risk? They are quick to shout that you should be prepared to die, but any invention that is not in their favor and they cringe in fear.

I challange you PKers. Stand up and take it, accepting the risk you tell others to accept (remember, I'm talking about a low chance for this to work). Or cower in fear and show your true colors. Choice is yours.

altho i fully support the idea of finding a way in dealing with anoying players/pk ers, i do not agree on a charm that would send them to a PK map.

why? well..I think it is an open call for abuse.. Any high leveld mage will be able to send any one whom he dont like to a PK area..thats one..and second abuse call is that the mage could have someone waiting for his victim in KF to kill and rob him..

Can you imagine the chaos...?

Jez

Uh... yeah!

Actually by being a charm (crafted item) it would only work when engaged (i.e. being attacked by the annoying PKer).

And yes, someone could be in waiting. Fair IS fair.

I like the idea, however not sure of the location is suitable. Why send a pk'er to a PK map? Its like sending an alcoholic to a liquor store. Why not send them to a place where they can do nothing but pick flowers or kill bunnies...like IP? And all the annoying beggers and others that Aislinn mentioned to KF. Make the charm of annoyance become an annoyance to the victim.

I like the idea, however not sure of the location is suitable. Why send a pk'er to a PK map? Its like sending an alcoholic to a liquor store. Why not send them to a place where they can do nothing but pick flowers or kill bunnies...like IP? And all the annoying beggers and others that Aislinn mentioned to KF. Make the charm of annoyance become an annoyance to the victim.

Would artic chim map be good enough? I doubt most PKers would stand a chance there

Would artic chim map be good enough? I doubt most PKers would stand a chance there

That would work :)

*loud buzzer* Wrong

Why should PKers have no risk? They are quick to shout that you should be prepared to die, but any invention that is not in their favor and they cringe in fear.

I challange you PKers. Stand up and take it, accepting the risk you tell others to accept (remember, I'm talking about a low chance for this to work). Or cower in fear and show your true colors. Choice is yours.

attacked while pvp = go train monsters or craft or w/e you do

this thing = can't do anything else

also, lets say you're doing your training thing, and some pker attacks you, and YOU get hit by this charm. how would you like to be zapped now?

p00r pkers noone like them

Ye, good thing to be a pker nowadays, if you lose you lost 13k gc in rostogol stone. If you win, you will see a death message and maybe if you are lucky get "pr0" itens like a steel chain.

And in the future the pkers will have a chance to be annoyed? Way to go.

Ok, a couple of you have posted some vague comments. Would be helpful to be a bit more specific as to what you mean.

Regardless, let's take this a step further.

Charm of Aluwen: Sends PKers (while engaged in combat) to Artic Chim's home for 10 minutes. Again not a definate, but the chance is there. Role Play: Aluwen's power is harnessed by the charm and protects the bearer by sending them away.

Charm of Mortos: Makes those engaged in combat unable to flee / diss (i.e. just like the random day that exists now). Again, only a chance of the charm actually working.

If the Charm of Annoyance / Charm of Aluwen is too hard to program, then make it act like 10 minutes of No Death Day where upon killing the player resurects where he was with all his stuff. Mixed with a Diss Ring reaction (10 seconds of freedom to move without being attacked by the original PKer).

PKers, instead of hating an item that doesn't give you bonuses (like the various new magic swords, new swords, new armors, crowns, etc), why don't you realize that life in this game has been pretty good lately. Lots of new items introduced for you and more to come. What's one charm that can make life temporarily unpleasant?

Because you already need zillions in gc to buy rostogols/pots/essences/rings/armor/etc and spend a long time training.

Oh, and there are something called branch of destruction that simply destroy yours itens.

Then when you win what you gain? Nothing, because everyone (except noobs) goes to pk with rostogols.

Adding the possibility of being annoyed (wtf?) is a great adition to make the maps even more empty and make less fun overall.

Edited by Lorck

This reminds me of a recent discussion: That there is an imbalance in the game so long as the highest level PK'ers have nothing to fear.

But back to the topic in hand: These charms probably come under the category of curses? Either time limited (levering the cooldown mechanism), or requiring some blessing from the appropriate priest?

Charm of Aluwen

• If this is a voluntary action by the user of the charm, then teleport to Hulda seems a bit harsh. It could be used maliciously on any character; with hunting parties lurking in Hulda.
  • A curse of Hellspawn, with an initial teleport to the underworld, may be better?
  • Alteratively, the charm could be an artifact which is automatically used (consumed) when someone (or something?) attacks the holder (and possibly, since its a token of peace-or-else, affects the holder if they initiate an attack).

Rostogol Stones

• Are currently being discussed here.
  • Personally, if they need an adjustment, then I favor no combat experience while carrying one; its then a simple choice whether to protect your possessions, or to risk them for combat experience.
  • A counter suggestion for no-disengagement while carrying a Rostogol stone does not work, since it is just passing advantage to higher level PK'ers.

no, no offence but this is a stupid idea. Im with lorck 100%

Pking has been going downhill forever.

Firstly rostogol stones got introduced. These make it that whenever you get a kill in PK you get the reward of a death message. You lose whatever essence/SR you use, and equipment that gets broken.

Next helm of life got introduced. This means that everyone rich enough to afford one could PK, and anyone who hasnt got one, or who cant afford to buy rosts to use one cant go in pk and hope to win.

Then the new magic weapons. BoD = stupid weapon, too powerful. Branch = even more stupid. WHY put this in? Just means anyone who fights it loses so many items they wont even bother fighting.

PK has always been criticised by non-pkers. They dont understand the fun and laughs you get when you fight with your friends, or even against them. They just go into a pk map, die and whine/complaing alot. We work for our lvls too, its not like we just magically get them. (well people like liquid who buy chars do... once again unfair to those of us who work.)

Why always do things that are negative to pkers? These days PK is about who has the biggest bank balance in RL. They can buy rostogols, and then buy thermals and sell them for GC, enabling them to buy the new magical weapons.

Why pick on PK so much? its just a way for us to have fun and relax after working all day in RL... Just because people view us as evil doesn't mean we are, and so dont' deserve to be treated as such.

This idea is yet another thing that will make PK less fun. It gives such a big advantage to non pkers who have this item. Why dont they just go out and train, and if they dont like to train, then WTF are they doing in a PK map?

Edited by Zaer

Why pick on PK so much? its just a way for us to have fun and relax after working all day in RL... Just because people view us as evil doesn't mean we are, and so dont' deserve to be treated as such.

Did your read the first post in this thread?

For all I care, you can PK fellow PKers all day long. Go at it.

But PKers also seem to get some immature level of fun from PKing people who don't stand a single chance against them. Some 30/30 guy fighting in leather armor (i.e. he has nothing valuable on him). PKer comes in, PKs him for no reason at all. This is fun?

Then let it be fun for the person who dies too. Let him have a chance.

And if you don't like magic weapons / branch / bone / crown / Ro Stones... then suggest to the game makers that there be a few arenas throughout the game where the effects of any magical item (see partial list above) is NEUTRALIZED (thermal serp acts as serp, CoL acts as Iron Helm) or they are useless (thermal serp can not be armed or has no effects like fighting bare handed). Then you can have your old style PK.

But not liking this idea because some rich PKers have those other items... doesn't make sense to pick on this idea because your mad at something else in the game.

But entering PK map is voluntarily, when some newbie with low A/D enters them, it's his/her and only his/her problem. Noone forces him to go there. It's a dangerous map and people should have accept the consequences of entering such a map. If one want to go to such a map, well, go there, it's one's choice, but don't cry then, when one get killed, for it's his/her "fault" to enter such a map. And this is a statement from an unexperienced fighter, if you want to train, hell. there's plenty of monsters here, if you want to PvP, go and find quiet arena. But do not restrict or punish players for doing the most natural thing in PK maps, which are there for that purpose...

EDIT: typos

Edited by ThordinElement

If one want to go to such a map, well, go there, it's one's choice, but don't cry then, when one get killed, for it's his/her "fault" to enter such a map.

Why is this philosophy always used to defend PKers... but never used to defend non-PKers? PKers should have risk too. Killing somone vastly below their level is NOT risk.

Yes, anyone who goes to a PK map should expect to lose whatever they have on them. I believe this. I tell people this all day long.

And these charms aren't meant for some uber form of protection. I'm talking about low success rates. Almost as if there was some random chance that karma would be served against bullies.

Let's face it, PKers should not cry either. It is "his/her 'fault' to enter such a map" and attack people who can't defend themselves.