Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Pk able..made public

I was wondering today..(yes..sometimes i do..think and wonder)

There was a guy, who had obviously misbehaved himself, and was made PK able. For those who dont know what that means: being made PK able is a thing mods can do to you when you have broke the rules..and showed bad behaviour. Being PK able means that you can be attacked by anyone, even outside the PK maps.

Now..its clear this is meant to be a punishment, and i have no objections against that. But..a punishment is soemthing we all must learn from so my question is, can the Ones Who Have Been Made pk able..be announced on the forums? So everyone knows..its a player who broke the rules..and we all can see what happens when you break the rules?

Newcomers often have NO idea why someones name is in Red..and when they accidently click on him/her..they will most likely die..and thats not the purpose of this kind of punishment..:dry:

Just a suggestion..;)

*hugs*

Jez

A weaker punishment is making a player PK'able, but not posting about it, a stronger one includes posting and sending messages in game about it.

Also, most new players aren't even looking at the forums, but the color RED in many places at least signifies warning or danger.

Well, why not turn it into a contest:

Let the server generate a website with all pkable players online and the map they are on. This page can be generated every 15 minutes, so other ppl can go and hunt them, but the info about the map may be already outdated.

Should be fun for pkers and maybe a little bit more punishment for the pkable ones. :dry:

Piper

Not all "troublemakers" made pkable need such drastic measures to get the point across.

It can do more harm than good.

However, there have been some in the past that we have done just that, announced ingame that they are pkable and where they were last spotted. But each pkable is handled on a case by case basis.

It's not really needed. With a red name those players usualy don't live long enough to leave IP :icon13:

I once was hunting "summoning", the player not the skill, he was pkable at the time and he got problems with an allied guild so i had fun killing him. Soon, the campfire was full of people trying to kill him, and me and somefriends did #suicide to kill him in the underworld. :confused::icon13:

The funny thing he was killed like 30 times before he gave up to try to leave underworld/IP and logged out.

Perhaps we should have an option like privacy:

#set_pkable_on

And near n00bs #set_pkable_on, near pr0s #set_pkable_off.

:):hug:

Edited by Lorck