Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Should there be two Ant colonies?

What do you think of the Ants?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be two Ant Colonies that hate each other?

• Yes! I'll make a donation!
    • Yes, but I wont donate.
    • I don't care.
    • No, one colony is enough.
    • No way, there shouldn't be any Ants!
  2. 2. Should Ants PK players when they are on PK maps?

• Yes! That would rock!
    • I don't care
    • No, too many PK'rs already

There has been some discussion about the Ants, and whether or not a second Ant colony should be started. If more players vote for it then against it, Entropy approves it, and people back it up with donations to me, I will start up another colony of Ants and teach them to hate each other.

Implementation note: steps would be taken to reduce the servers bandwidth requirements.

Feel free to discuss the pro's and con's before you vote!

As you know I'm keen on in the ants idea and watchign them evolve. That's why I would like to see second colony and seeing them fighting eachother.

I'm not sure, though, if the black ants won't have a bit too much advantage over the second one (red ants?). Either way - I hope to see it soon in game.

Vanyel

PS. Seeing them PKing would rock.

Edited by Vanyel

What would this mean at Ant names? Ant_<colony number>_<ant number>?

And maybe Ants would go to pk and attack just ants of other colony if one of them isn't attacked by other player?

Edited by ville-v

What would this mean at Ant names? Ant_<colony number>_<ant number>?

Probably do something like name them Red_Ant_1 etc.

And maybe Ants would go to pk and attack just ants of other colony if one of them isn't attacked by other player?

If you vote against Ants PK'ing players, they wont attack other players. If you vote for two colonies of ants, they would attack each other, no matter what the PK vote said.

RedAnt_1 looks better imo ..maby make a guild for them aswel :P

and copy the stats of the black ants to balance it ;))

In my opinion it would be real cool to have two ant colonies. But they wouldn't be in the same guild, because they wouldn't be able to attack each other then, would they? ;)

But yeah, great idea. There'd be competition between two AI teams, how cool is that? lol! :D

Thumbs up!

- Sistema.

Hehe. it could sometime result in more bots online than players ;)

Anyway, I am curious how it will work, give it a try...

No, did you pay for all these bots ?

If not i want 50+ PKing bots too... meh.

Why they should be allowed to attack players on pk maps, while other players bots can't ? Duh.

In the name of envolving AI ? Sign me out. I don't want to be attacked by stupid bot on common PK map (not guild map)

Go to test server with them...

Edited by Gen_Axis

I agree with Gen...have them attack the opposing colony but not other players, would be annoying for people who were training or whatever to get ambushed by an ant lol :S

I vote for:

Yes! I'll make a donation!

Yes! That would rock!

I will donate to keep develope on the Ants (some AI).

And PK. Let the Queen train more, so all PKers would love it and maybe Corpus wont be so busy :D like it is written in some other threads.

BTW. The Ants are so sweet ;)

Maybe next Queen will be black?

PS. What AAP said is true. Bots shouldn't appear in TopPlayers Lists.

Edited by Suessie

No, did you pay for all these bots ?

If not i want 50+ PKing bots too... meh.

Why they should be allowed to attack players on pk maps, while other players bots can't ? Duh.

In the name of envolving AI ? Sign me out. I don't want to be attacked by stupid bot on common PK map (not guild map)

Go to test server with them...

Reasons like that is why they haven't attacked normal players, and why I made the player PK a seperate option so I could get feedback from the players.

i WHOLE HEARTEDLY agree, w/ Gen_Axis, aap, and benjamin on this1.

if u want ants to fight players, make them PKable so any players that WANT TO can attack THEM. i know some ppl that like the ants and even heal them, u'd never catch me healing an ant though. but if the ants start attacking even the players that like them that will hurt the opinion of them by the ppl that like them too.

they still need to b taken off of the top players list. this has been said before and there's not been objection by other players. i do think they should have their own board to compare to though - that could b interesting.

and y aren't u working more on the 1's u have? you could still add stuff like making them talk and being somewhat diplomatic. from a RP aspect the ants are useless, so u want to add yet ANOTHER useless element? read the #ig's in their logs learner i'm sure not only my guild TRIES to have fun w/ them.

i WHOLE HEARTEDLY agree, w/ Gen_Axis, aap, and benjamin on this1.

if u want ants to fight players, make them PKable so any players that WANT TO can attack THEM. i know some ppl that like the ants and even heal them, u'd never catch me healing an ant though. but if the ants start attacking even the players that like them that will hurt the opinion of them by the ppl that like them too.

they still need to b taken off of the top players list. this has been said before and there's not been objection by other players. i do think they should have their own board to compare to though - that could b interesting.

and y aren't u working more on the 1's u have? you could still add stuff like making them talk and being somewhat diplomatic. from a RP aspect the ants are useless, so u want to add yet ANOTHER useless element? read the #ig's in their logs learner i'm sure not only my guild TRIES to have fun w/ them.

There are a lot of improvements going into the current ants, making them talk is much lower on the list because I'm more interested in their functional improvements. For example, I'm currently working on some of the bugs related to how they find and use NPC's or harvestable items in the game. Currently, they wont go a long distance to find them.

Woah learner, amazing idea (should do black ants and red ants as the two colonies) so i hope LOADS of people donate!

What does this add to the game? i like the fact of having the first ant colony as it is going to help the AI of monsters in the future, but i cant see what making this second one would do, so i would have to vote no unless there is a good reason to help the game

Would this mean a second queen?,And would there be another backdrop story for the second colony?

I cant wait...

-Mid

P.S. They would reside in c1? OR stay in c2 makes kinda more since... But i guess that would deafet the purpose of the 2 hateing eachother :o

Edited by midevilconevi17

Actually after anti-lag imporvement ants aren't so big pain in ass.

It is just not fair to players.

They pay at least 20$ for single bot that can't even trade (100$ for bot that actually can't do anything, but stay and trade, or 300$ to have a bot guarding map - 100+200 for map)

You have already got 50+ bots (i guess for free) that are walking everywhere, stealing spawns, bagjumping, and now want them to PK people...

got the point ?

I wouldn't have a problem with two colonies as long none of them go to C2. I would HATE that. As for donating, I'm constanting donating to the ants in one way or another. I also feel that they shouldn't be on the top players list because there is no way players can compete with a bot. They have too much advantage over the human players. I also like the idea of ants in combat.. would be cool. Yes, lets make ant queen the same race as her ants otherwise it looks racist to have a white queen with dark servants.

I don't mind the idea of 2 ant colonies, would be fun to watch them fight each other, but I don't agree with the pking. Sorry, the idea is to evolve AI, nothing wrong with that, but they don't need sleep, they don't need a break and they don't have a human factor of a 2 or 3 second delay.

While I don't mind having fun watching 2 ant colonies go at each other, they do have the ability to advance faster then us player (who are human maybe) and also get in our way or take over somewhere some of us train. Also having 2 ant colonies that hate each other and constantly go to war against each other they will get fighting exp faster then normal players will anyways.

I also have to agree with Kedan, I can't see any practical purpose for this at this point except for amusement. My understanding was the the Ants served a purpose of helping evolve the AI of monsters in the future. And I agree with some other players, the Ants should be taken of the top rankings, but given their own ranking system, we have to live with limitations, they don't.

Edit: typos

Edited by wolfmom1

I don't think they would advance that fast. I started in August, played fairly much until February, and only played a few hours in the last month. While the ants started much earlier, and are on much more. Still, Ant_Queen's stats are the following:

Overall: 95/96 ---> I hava about 85

Attack: 62/62 ---> 61 for me

Defense: 65/65 ---> 75

Magic: 0/0 ---> she can't even restore

Harvest: 90/90 ---> she is good at harv, ahe got her high overall by harving all the time

Manufacture: 22/22 ---> 20 for me

Alchemy: 33/33 ---> I have about 60

Potion: 16/16 ---> 37

Summoning: 0/0 ---> same for me

Crafting: 0/0 ---> same

So you get my point? She is only better than me in harv, ecause a bot won't get bored mining diamonds all day. But she is far from advancing as much as an active player. And there is no ant with a high potion level, so they can't even make BRs to be effective in healing themselves.

Anyway, I like the idea of them pking. However they won't have much chance against even lower level players, who can restore, and have armor (the best equipment I saw at ants are leather armor and s2e).

However, the ants AI is developing a lot more every week. If they were competing colonies, Learner could probably teach them to have specific jobs for them, one could make potions for all of them, one could make them armor, etc. So it would eventually be like a 100+ player guild whose members are on all the time, and perform functions at speeds much much faster than we can.

Edited by Atlantis

I don't have much to add, that hasn't already been said. I do certainly like the idea of two ants colonies being at war with each other, and would love to see them have large battles. Most pking is done on a one-to-one basis, and I'd love to see an actual war in the game, even if its just between the ants, especially if they could be assigned different roles, with warriors at the front, and mages behind healing and stuff like that. It may not be terribly useful for improving monster AI etc., but it would certainly make an interesting social experiment. :o

I agree with the majority that Ants shouldn't be able to pk players. They have an unfair advantage over us, in that they can continually train without breaks, while we humans have to do pesky things like eating and sleeping and such. :) Personally, I have enough trouble trying to train without getting bagjumped, without having to worry about ants pking me too. :devlish: