Eternal Lands Official Forums
TriMoon

Multi manufacturing/alchemy

Not sure if this has been posted before but here it goes...

I was talking about it ingame and there poped a suggestion from someone.

Wouldn't it be great tobe able to make multiple items at same time by increasing the ingredients?

Ofcourse in this way you would only get exp for one, and food deducted for the total.

So you make a choice for exp or speed of items...

Wouldn't it be great tobe able to make multiple items at same time by increasing the ingredients?

Ofcourse in this way you would only get exp for one, and food deducted for the total.

its been suggested before...

*cough* lower left corner of your screen, fill in the bar and press search *cough*

Hype out

Edited by Hyperion

I can see a few flaws with this...

First, say you want to make 10 titanium bars at once...80 ti ore, 70 fe's, 30 coal and 150 food. I guess you could limit it to only how much food you have? I don't know seems unnecessary and don't really see an upside except for mass making fe's...which we don't need because the price will plummet. Not to mention how does the "special" items work, how will the client know when to give a enriched fire essence out of the 45 you make in one second?

I would have to say no for this one....sorry :blink:

We're trying to reduce the mass production going on, not increase it.

Hmm, you make 100 fe's at once, but get the xp for only one if you succeed. If you fail and loss the ingrediences, everything is lost.

About EFE, the server should be able to decide with a simple for(,,){} loop if one EFE is made or not.

That would safe time, your decision, if you want risk to lose the ingrediences for 100 essences, bars or whatever at once.

For example, think of making 50 ti short swords at once and then fail...

Piper

Hmm, you make 100 fe's at once, but get the xp for only one if you succeed. If you fail and loss the ingrediences, everything is lost.

About EFE, the server should be able to decide with a simple for(,,){} loop if one EFE is made or not.

That would safe time, your decision, if you want risk to lose the ingrediences for 100 essences, bars or whatever at once.

For example, think of making 50 ti short swords at once and then fail...

Piper

Only problem with that is you NEVER fail making fire essences...they are what is used for newbies to raise alchemy and there is a 0% fail rate...so this means there is a 0% lose ingredients rate...which means...millions of fire essences. Not to mention you go -55 food in that case?

With the titanium short swords, each one takes like 15-20 (food I think) do you want to allow people to either, cut off the amount made by how much food is left, or let people get below -30 food?

Edited by sbarstow

Failing fe's can be adjusted. Same to get your food level below -30. Dont like it? Dont do it.

Still this idea sounds somehow interesting to me.

Piper

No.

Well if, and ONLY if, the fail rate was adjusted so that you can fail everything to some extent no matter what your skill level is, then I can see this being implemented. I am talking about people with, for instance, level 78 alchemy still failing on a semi-recent rate on fe's.

It is an interesting concept, I just fear it will make mass production a more major problem and kill the economy even more (if that is possible).

tri i would suggest saving your suggestions and posting them all at once... just noticed you have like 6? topics going

No this way every suggestion can be discussed seperatly, keeps the conversations on topic :P

About the pro's and con's, ill leave that to the participants...

About the fail with all or nothing:

Why not have a percentage succeeding from that batch instead?

Food level: Yes the max amount should be clipped at food consuption, that way low levels can make things for the higher levels faster.

This cliping will also clip the rate of higher level stuff, which in turn creates a higher demand etc...

Unless you all feel its ok to give the player same feeling if they make a level 0 or a level 100 item?

Economy: You can adjust the economy by increasing the higher level stuff's values...

Sure thats an easy cut but balancing economy aint simple :P

And it will make plesant play for lowbees AND create a feel of accomplishment for the higher levels...

Sry but i think the economy aint balanced at all atm...but thats my opinion...

Anyway, discuss as you all see fit :P

Why not have a percentage succeeding from that batch instead?

Because the only reason for this is to mass produce items, which is something that they are trying to slow down. They are trying to make it *harder* to mass produce, not easier.