Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest ExiledOne

WINE MAKING!

Guest ExiledOne

Instead of wasting your money buying wine, why can't we be able to harvest grapes and then make wine into them? It would lessen money used for potions. :icon13:

Instead of wasting your money buying wine, why can't we be able to harvest grapes and then make wine into them?
<-- the question
It would lessen money used for potions. :ph34r:
<-- the answer :P

the cost of wine, compared to most raw ingredients, is pretty low (or will be later in the game, for the newbies). also, the cost of wine is already only a small part of the cost of a finished potion

Wine costs next to nothing at the moment, you can get it for 2gc each, or even under 1gc each if you have done the wine quest. So wine is really not an issue, the only thing about wine is it isn't storable, but this is a good thing because it makes potions slightly hard to make

I still think that some things should not be available for players to do. Once there are new items like this old ones might be manufacturable.

If there is new ingredient needed for something and being used quite often I would say it's time to make vials/wine/mead/ale/beer/whatever manufacturable. Not earlier.

If you think current mixing times are bad, this one would be a doozie!

iirc, it takes around 6 weeks for a basic home brew kit to ferment etc (something like that, been a long time since I was a student and made homebrew)

Yeah, wine is only 0.75 gc each....thats like nothing considering that most potions sell for 10-30 gc

If you think current mixing times are bad, this one would be a doozie!

iirc, it takes around 6 weeks for a basic home brew kit to ferment etc (something like that, been a long time since I was a student and made homebrew)

While making wine would be nice, it certainly isn't feasible - most alcohol requires time to make it such. You know what you get when you try to make wine in less than a minute (let alone the real amount of time it might be)? Grape Juice.

If you tried to make wine, there would have to be some new fermenting stone or something like that.

I agree with everyone about the negative aspects of wine-making in the game, however, I still love the idea.

What if different types of wines could be randomly made? Sometimes you might make a crap wine that's good for nothing, other times you may make a wine of the year and it could be good for new spells or potions that could be implemented later on. In real life, not all wine is made equal. And that's the point that we'd have in the game. Maybe we could store "fermenting wine" in our storage for 6 game days or so and then we can withdraw the "good wine" from storage, but not be able to put it back in storage once it's been withdrawn.

Maybe we can also implement different types of grapes from all over the globe. Some need more harvesting experience, and some are protected by monsters like the gold mines and ruby mines are. Maybe mixing and blending different types of grapes we could create different shades and flavors of wine.

Just an idea. I think, if anything, it would be more fun and more of a hobby in the game than for only potions. I would love to do it just to make the different wines. Maybe we can even have the wines created with the individuals signature on it. Like "Tantu's Red Blush"

:D Thoughts?

There is a point in this game where we may reach in which limits the amount of stuff one can make or have. And several varieties of wines I would rather not have, as then it would take away from having cool magic or weapon items. Each wine bottle would have to have a different look as well, and also be different from the mead and ale bottles. So although it is an interesting idea, I do not see it as a feasible idea. Afterall, its not like wine is hard to buy anyway.

Just my 2 cents worth.