Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest stalag

Ring of power

well as someone said whats the point if the person u are fighting most liekly has a stone... how about with the new forumla, RoPs have a 8% chance to break stone or cause you to drop 3 out of all of your inv **edit** if it is the death blow. then roPs would be rare and have an acutal use besides damage

Edited by chaoogie

well thats good to know, i recall seeing something..reading something about that**edit** but wasnt completely sure*. perhaps Rop can do 50-80 damage to opponent since most people with thermal+life heal at 70+

Edited by chaoogie

Guest stalag

I dont agree in increasing the damage more than 50 which is plenty already i do agree in cutting down the cooldown time below 10s. We must think that only a very short % of players have COL and if the high pk players always complain that pk maps are empty increasing the damage will only take off more players and the opposite is what its need.

ROP should be uncommon and not rare we wanna people to use it, like in magic the gathering, the best cards tend to be common or uncommon not rare, and they know why...

The suggestion about an item to break rostogol seems a very good ideia that will introduce new challenge and shake things.

Keep the 1st formula and put coldown below 10s; the ratio of ROP between cost and usefulness is broken.

Keep the 1st formula and put coldown below 10s; the ratio of ROP between cost and usefulness is broken.

Can you be specific as many formulas have been discussed.

And please remember, we're trying to BALANCE this item. That means more than just making it useful for PKers. It should be profitable for crafters as well. *hint: having an item with an ever sinking value doesn't help the economy at all*

Guest stalag
Can you be specific as many formulas have been discussed.

Ring of power: 1 stone of binding, 10 rings of damage

Ring of power: 1 stone of binding, 10 rings of damage, 50 death essences, 50 magic essences

1 stone of binding, 10 rings of damage, 50 death essences, 1 enriched magic essence

nd please remember, we're trying to BALANCE this item. That means more than just making it useful for PKers. It should be profitable for crafters as well. *hint: having an item with an ever sinking value doesn't help the economy at all

But if is not useful for pkers how can it be profitable for crafters? :devlish:

Exactly, because pk'ers will be the main purchaser of this item. If it can't be used by them, or afforded by them, then it just sits in our storages and collects dust. Remember: it's better to sell 100 RoP's for 500 each, than it is to sell 1 for 20k.

Guest stalag
Remember: it's better to sell 100 RoP's for 500 each, than it is to sell 1 for 20k.

I agree 101% here with LW.

Maybe have the ROP require a Serp Stone

so something like Ring of power: 1 stone of binding, 10 rings of damage, 1 serp stone

Remember: it's better to sell 100 RoP's for 500 each, than it is to sell 1 for 20k.

I agree 101% here with LW.

so something like Ring of power: 1 stone of binding, 10 rings of damage, 1 serp stone

that is a tiny little bit too cheap now imho, at least until serp stones go up somewhat...so i want to bring up my first suggestion again:

1 stone of binding, 10 rings of damage, 50 death essences, 1 serp stone

definitely makes sense to have death essences in it imo, still affordable for PKers, and hopefully profitable for crafters, who might even make a deal with alchemists for the DEs, or, just as beneficial, buy them from the magic shop.

Guest stalag

not my first choice but better then the ones that use magic essences..this will make ROP around 2.5k - 3k which is a price affordable if stone binding get the 1k target price.

death essences take mercury, which costs 10 gc each from harvy atm (making de's about 15-20 gc). until it becomes harvestable, that will dramatically effect how much the ring costs.

Edited by LadyWolf

Exactly, because pk'ers will be the main purchaser of this item. If it can't be used by them, or afforded by them, then it just sits in our storages and collects dust. Remember: it's better to sell 100 RoP's for 500 each, than it is to sell 1 for 20k.

A bit frustrating as people keep going back to that "PK only" stance. I'm not against trying to make this reasonable for PKers. I've even made suggestions towards increasing the capabilities of the ring... AGAIN to make it profitable for crafters, useful for PKers and helpful to the economy.

Please remember, that carrying a Ro Stone with the proposed RoP I'm suggesting should also help the net worth of a Ro Stone since it's value is based on what it can protect. If the items it protect have little value, the Ro Stone itself has little value.

This one i like best so far. However, having the death essence value moved into more ring of damage value would i think be better for crafting.

How does 1 stone of binding, 25 RoD, 1 serp stone sound?

Cheap enough to be used but not so cheap that everyone has a few they'll use without thinking. Also cheap enough that two people with timing would be able to take out someone restoring at 70.

EDIT: the problem with this is that right now there is a surplus of damage rings and serp stones, maybe an NPC could temporarily buy up rings of damage for either gc or 100 damage rings for a RoP ?

Edited by Bharain

There is also a surplus of efe, which brings back the previously suggested addition of them to the formula, and one which I myself would like to see. As to what ratio's the ingredients are, I leave that entirely up to the developers. Perhaps, due to the need for rarity a mix of efe and eme in the formula may be a good way of balancing things out?

I've played about 1 year.In that time I've harvested about 4 rostos.Today I harvested my first serp stone and enrichment stone.I think most of the serp stones were from trolls as I got about 3 that way.

As to the ideas on ROP I thought I'd point out that as far as I know EWE is only used to make tit axes,so maybe a possibility of use here.

Perhaps to make ROP valuble to pkrs it's affects could be something like hit for 50 damage/reduce mana by 25.