Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hoverptera

new armor

ok i have a new idea for glass armor. me and a frend have thot through a hole (1 hr.) buss ride and came up with a full of glass armor. it would break easy but would be cheap to make. there would be a shield that breaks in 1 hit but has a chance to ether do the damage they were going to do or it would break part of there armor (if they had armor). and i gess they'ed be easy to make. well that all i have. :D

Why ? I like it, but preferably a 'crystal armor' :D Why you think every armor have to be use in fight ? This ona can do something else like fur sets (they aren't for fight). I think if it would looks REALLY cool it will be nice show off outfit, and can be used as a suits for ceremonies like weddings etc :D

If it's going to be "armor" (as oppose to simply clothes of some kind) then it has to protect you from something. The first two things that come to mind (that don't require it withstanding a physical hit) would be the acid rain days and the solar flare days. But for crystal (I like that idea, something else to make with the various types of quartz) I think being resistent to acid rain would make the most sense.

If it's going to be "armor" (as oppose to simply clothes of some kind) then it has to protect you from something. The first two things that come to mind (that don't require it withstanding a physical hit) would be the acid rain days and the solar flare days. But for crystal (I like that idea, something else to make with the various types of quartz) I think being resistent to acid rain would make the most sense.

Solar flares would be magnified by wearing it ;)

But the acid rain protection is good.

Well, you would have to manufacture underwear first.

Or else everybody can see your "body parts" through the glass. ;)

You could make it a magical armor that reflects elemental damage of all sorts.

Yea, that works. It would also provide a cheaper and more reasonable alternative to wearing plate for protection against radon pouches.

I would expect it to be light weight, provide little protection against a physical hit from animals/monsters/players (perhaps more breakable than regular armor, but perhaps not if magical), and provide complete protection against acid rain, radiation, etc.

It could be simple torso armor, or a full set (upper/lower legs, body, head) which would be more appropriate in terms of protecting against radiation or acid rain (full body coverage). Since it's magical, and made of quartz (or perhaps diamonds) it might be a craftable item rather than a manufacturable one. In any case it would NOT be the new high-priced armor, but something more in the middle in terms of how hard it is to make and what it's sale price might be.

Graphically, if some sort of transparency is possible, then you might see your regular clothes through it (no need for underwear). If not, then it should be shinny/bright like polished crystal, perhaps with some sort of glint or sparkle effect if worn outside during the day.

And while I'm sort of brain-storming here, a set of crystal armor that's blessed or has extra magic in it could be the basis for some sort of stealth or invisibility mode (if we ever wanted to go that direction, and thinking of the effect used for the alien hunter in the "Predator" movies).

Edited by bkc56

Crystal or glass armour would be substantially more expensive than metal plate.

Consider when making metal armour, the blacksmith can correct errors, beating and bashing a piece into the right shape. No such margins with glass and crystal -- get it right in one go, or start again.

It would require an exordinate level of skill, even before magical enchantments get involved.

Also I would imagine that if it's magical and can deflect all elemental damage, it would be more than average price as well. Not even considering the valid point trollson made. Plus anything made out of diamonds (if it went that route) would be incredibly expensive as well.

I wonder would glass/crystal armour would be repairable. But I like the sound of this. I wouldn't mind a diamond plate or something similar :ph34r:

make the good old diamond plate from the bard tale possible \o/

whoops that is looong ago

So many books/games have come out with this sort of glass/ chrystal armor.

then magic swords wouldn't work anymore.. which alot of people spended alot of money on.

maybe it can reflect magic instead?

then magic swords wouldn't work anymore.. which alot of people spended alot of money on.

maybe it can reflect magic instead?

If it doesn't have much physical protection, then the magic weapons will have use.