Eternal Lands Official Forums
eagleprince

New style bagjumping?

This happened to me while I was in Naralik a couple of days ago....

I had a look at my health bar and thought, hmmm, one more gob before I run away. However, just as the gob was about to drop, this guy in full leather kit comes over and joins the fight! The gob dies almost immediately and he grabs the bag and runs off without saying anything to me.

I think that is worse than bagjumping, unfortunately I was so shocked and annoyed that I did not react in time to get his name. That was the first time I realised that Naralik was actually multi-combat.

I know it's not illegal but surely! Has this happened to anyone else?

I had a look at my health bar and thought, hmmm, one more gob before I run away. However, just as the gob was about to drop, this guy in full leather kit comes over and joins the fight! The gob dies almost immediately and he grabs the bag and runs off without saying anything to me.

I think that is worse than bagjumping, unfortunately I was so shocked and annoyed that I did not react in time to get his name. That was the first time I realised that Naralik was actually multi-combat.

Any chance it was an Ant? They do that all the time.

Any chance it was an Ant? They do that all the time.

Nah, I don't think those Ants do leather... it wasn't a bot, in any case. It was a regular player, although I think his name starts with 'A'

1. AntZ do everything what they can - what's quite a lot.

2. All'em have purple names.

3. It sucks :/

<edit>

Just for people that likes to misinterprate other's words. 3-->disturbing other's fun while they fight monsters sucks.

Edited by vanyel

Just for people that likes to misinterprate other's words. 3-->disturbing other's fun while they fight monsters sucks.

I agree. An Ant did that to me in the MM caves once. How is it that they can do multiple-combat on (what seems like) any map while others cannot?

Maybe he saw another player in trouble and jumped in to help him out? I've done this myself and been thanked for it.

Regardless of what is dropped...it's a pretty low thing to do. The 4gc, 2 bones and occassional sword is quite helpful to some newer players that are training on gobs. And besides its the principle of the thing, if you were training on a cyclops and some guy ran in and got the finishing blow then took the bag, you'd be pretty upset I imagine. :D

I would be angry too, i consider it spawnstealing. Yeah yeah , i know no one owns a spawn... but if one is already fighting a monster? Not really good manners :D

Edited by Kylara

omg he bagjumped ur gob bag while he helped killed it omg where is teh world coming too!?!?!?!
Well, maybe for you (oh mighty Hardcore), but for people starting out - where gobs are actually difficult and you get good training exp - the mentioned Ant problem is a nuisance. And, it was not just a bagjump, but rather a steal-my-kill and bagjump (at least in my case). EaglePrince thought it might not be a Ant that did the kill&steal.

Look at it this way: you see someone engaged in combat, nearly dead, making no effort to heal himself. You can either:

a) help him out by killing the monster then carry on as you were

B) see what happens and should he die be prepared to sit on his bag for 5mins+

Edited by Bharain

Look at it this way: you see someone engaged in combat, nearly dead, making no effort to heal himself. You can either:
Can one person so totally miss the point?

For me, my health was 100%. But, let's say that EaglePrince was in danger of dying... why was the bag then stolen if this was a good samaritan act? Hmmm?

But, let's say that EaglePrince was in danger of dying...

As he stated:

I had a look at my health bar and thought, hmmm, one more gob before I run away.

So he must've been running fairly low on health towards the end of the fight.

Can one person so totally miss the point?

For me, my health was 100%.

For you it was also an Ant. Ant's were already covered.

why was the bag then stolen if this was a good samaritan act? Hmmm?

Maybe because he saw 2gc and 2 bones and thought nothing of taking it? Maybe because (thought) he'd just saved someones skin and didn't imagine they'd object.

If person 1 starts to fight and player 2 attacks the same monster when its almost dead, player 1 always get the bag, unless you fled the monster

If person 1 starts to fight and player 2 attacks the same monster when its almost dead, player 1 always get the bag, unless you fled the monster

Not neccessarily true...I have attacked a goblin, got it down to 2 health an Ant attacks it, kills it and then takes the bag while I am still in combat. Whoever throws the final blow gets the bag, thats all there is to it. I have on occassion accidently attacked a monster someone else is already attacking...if I cannot flee and walk on bag after I walk off and give to them...it is the right thing to do.

I must say I have been quite surprised at the number of responses to this thread, ;)

Let me clarify a few things. I am 29/29 a/d, and currently, full health for me is 55 points. not much, I know, but I had about 30 points left. I decided I would leave after the final gob only because I was out of mana. The most any (unarmed) gob has taken off me was about 20 points on a lucky hit - lucky for the gob. The gob was down to the last few health points, so I certainly did loads more damage than this jumper did. However, he was fortunate enough to land the final decisive blow, whereupon his character moved onto the bag. Of course, I have no way of knowing what was in the bag, but I have found leather kit, swords, SRS, summoning, defense and attack potions on a gob. But like someone smarter than vwpro and hardcore has pointed out, the issue here is not the contents of the bag. In any case, I am sure he would not have attempted that on a PK map!

In my eyes, this guy is a bagjumper.

I rest my case.

Bag usually goes for the one who scored a kill.

<edit>

I will be more precise. The one who scores a kill will step on bag. It's the way it works.

Edited by vanyel

I agree with vanyel that as he said is the way it's supposed to happen in the game.

However, I'm not going to say it doesn't suck if someone decides to join your fight, kill the monster, and take the loot themselves.

uhm isn' t this normal when you fight anything up to gob?

well it is spawnstealing/bagjumping that makes it good for palcing it here but on the other hand it' s really normal if you fight anything up to gob..

o yeh i forgot to say, if u fight barehanded and some1 with a serp or w/e starts hiting the same mob after you, he will get the bag most of the time

o yeh i forgot to say, if u fight barehanded and some1 with a serp or w/e starts hiting the same mob after you, he will get the bag most of the time

I go to Nara regularly to fight gobs. Usually bare-handed so I gain more XP points. I think this dude had a sword, but I really do not remember.

Bag usually goes for the one who scored a kill.

<edit>

I will be more precise. The one who scores a kill will step on bag. It's the way it works.

Is this the same with magic?