Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Download for update available

Ok, the update should be this Sunday, however we made the Windows update available now, so that people can help us with some testing (those who wish to do so) or just have it ready when the update comes.

The Linux version should be done soon, Learner is working at it.

Now, here are the links:

http://www.rivanwarriors.com/radu/el_120_install.exe

http://www.rivanwarriors.com/radu/el_update_120.exe

In case they don't work (the domain has just been changed to a new IP) try this:

http://209.97.196.244/~rivan/radu/el_120_install.exe

http://209.97.196.244/~rivan/radu/el_update_120.exe

The server is provided by MileSP, so if you see him around thank him for the mirror, it saves us a LOT of bandwidth, and, implicitly, costs.

Now, here are the instructions:

Download either the update, or the full install (preferably the update, but if someone has broadband and would like to test the full install, please do).

Unless you want to test with us on the TEST server (if you don't know how to do that, please don't!), you should NOT install the full install or the update just yet, because you will have many problems with the game, until the server is restarted so that the update is completed.

So just download but do not install, kk?

Linux versions are available at:

Full download http://www.other-life.com/el/el_120_linux_full.zip

Update from 1.1.2 http://www.other-life.com/el/el_120_linux_update.zip

Both files include the x86 static versions and the x86-64 dynamic versions.

NOTE: these files have just been updated with version 1.2.0p1 to fix the crashing. There is also another zip that has only the new binaries with the same fix at http://www.other-life.com/el/el_120p1_linux_binary.zip

Please post all map bugs here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22444 and NOT in this thread!!

Kasumura insides Coal Mine [43, 71] South of here (near the lantern) theres some flickering.

When I tried to beam up in Kasumura, besides the "Can't beam out while on this map!" message, I also got "debug map beam_lvl: 20"

I'm on FreeBSD, so I'll wait :P

Any change on problems for us Unix-geeks?

Download the CVS, make the version number in main.c from 12 to 13.

I could host the update on my FTP server if you want. Send an email to mitchedwards@exemail.com.au if you want an australian server to DL from, good for those in the Australasian area.

EDIT:I just saw the link in my sig and nearly pissed my pants laughing, the modded maps on my site are so old it'd probably kill EL to try and use them XD

I also spelt character wrong.

Edited by Galarandel

I couldn't wait for Learner to prepare linux version so I compiled from source without any luck.

What I did:

I downloaded the update, extracted it using wine, copied everything into el directorty, compiled binary. Changed the port in el.ini to 2001

What didn't work:

Just after I pressed "I agree" button on "in-game rules window" el crashed.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 1091082112 (LWP 9167)]
0x403bdf43 in CalModel::update () from /usr/lib/libcal3d.so.10
(gdb) where
#0  0x403bdf43 in CalModel::update () from /usr/lib/libcal3d.so.10
#1  0x40386386 in CalModel_Update () from /usr/lib/libcal3d.so.10
#2  0x080991c8 in add_actor_interface (x=42, y=92, z_rot=0, scale=0, actor_type=2, skin=29656, hair=3, shirt=-21888, pants=7, boots=4, head=3)
at new_actors.c:824
#3  0x08099629 in display_newchar_handler (win=0x9077668) at new_character.c:179
#4  0x08072953 in draw_window (win=0x9077668) at elwindows.c:1032
#5  0x08070dd7 in display_windows (level=1) at elwindows.c:54
#6  0x0806c871 in draw_scene () at draw_scene.c:94
#7  0x08091449 in start_rendering () at main.c:131
#8  0x08091606 in main (argc=0, argv=0xbffff9b4) at main.c:247

In the full game I get this on the start fo the game:

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x09380370 ***

Edited by Selecter

i tried to launch up eternal lands, and it will get to the point it says connecting to server. then it will stop loading and ill click and the screen turns all white. i downloaded the first link for the update.

When will the normal server be updated? Will it be for today or tomorrow, or later this week?

Ok, the update should be this Sunday

i tried to launch up eternal lands, and it will get to the point it says connecting to server. then it will stop loading and ill click and the screen turns all white. i downloaded the first link for the update.

Do you get the MOTD (the green message that says test server)? If not then your firewall is probably blocking the new version of EL.

When teleporting from portland to desert pines on the ship I get the message, Welcome to the Desert Pines. When going to VotD I get Welcome to the Mynadar.

The messages for going to Desert pines from White stone and votd are correct.

Bots will need to have their version code changed to 1.3 also correct?

Bots don't need to use version codes.

I couldn't wait for Learner to prepare linux version so I compiled from source without any luck.

What Cal3d lib are you using? I mean what version?

Bots will need to have their version code changed to 1.3 also correct?

Bots don't need to use version codes.

What Cal3d lib are you using? I mean what version?

But, it would be a good idea for bots to use the version codes to prevent massive multiple crashes that have happened in the past when the protocol does change.

I had a lot of problems compiling 112 on FreeBSD, wil it keep working when the server changes? If not, I'll try to get it working (and probably host the binary for others).

I had a lot of problems compiling 112 on FreeBSD, wil it keep working when the server changes? If not, I'll try to get it working (and probably host the binary for others).

No, this binary won't work after the update, try to get it to work. Can you play using the Linux binary?

No, this binary won't work after the update, try to get it to work. Can you play using the Linux binary?

DNS got it working by changing the makefile - see the test server 3 thread he states his makefile (it is to do with the DEFINES)

I had a problem building CVS version (updated few seconds ago):

sound.o(.text+0x410): I funktionen "get_loaded_buffer":
sound.c: undefined reference to `alutLoadWAVFile'
sound.o(.text+0x463):sound.c: undefined reference to `alutUnloadWAV'
sound.o(.text+0x14c0): I funktionen "init_sound":
sound.c: undefined reference to `alutInit'
sound.o(.text+0x185c): I funktionen "destroy_sound":
sound.c: undefined reference to `alutExit'

After that i realised you simply do not have -lalut in your Makefile. :) Please add it so other people can build EL easily. :P

LDFLAGS line should look like this:

LDFLAGS=$(shell sdl-config --libs) $(shell xml2-config --libs) -lSDL_net -lopenal $(XDIR) -lGL -lGLU -lvorbis -lvorbisfile -lcal3d -lm -lpng -lalut

Kind regards