Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ember

Bitten

Untitled-3.jpg

Doesnt he look yummie!!

I think I should bite him!!

Planting the seeds to slowly,

turn all the good guys evil :)

Just don't bite any Dwarves. They're scary enough without maniacal needs to suck my blood. xD

You aren't really supposed to mess with the meshes and stuff yet.

Whos to say I did... ? I could have just manipulated this all in photo shop if I wanted to.

But actully I did mess with the meshes, its all on my side, and I am not giving the files out to everyone, there for my own personaly use atm, and i am not reporting bugs off this version of el if i exprance them i place my normal version with my my modify'd bits.

If they didnt want the files messed with they should be encripted so the players cant open and edit them or have them all server side.

Go rain on someone elses parade lv

You aren't really supposed to mess with the meshes and stuff yet.

If they didnt want the files messed with they should be encripted so the players cant open and edit them or have them all server side.

OR... they could do what they've done and say that eventually, we would be able to do this stuff again, but for now, they'd rather we aren't, so that they can actually find what is wrong (if anything), fix it, and get this test period over with so we can have the cool meshes again?

Don't get me wrong, it looks cool. Right now, there are some meshes I'd like to change in mine (again) to make mine look cool. However, on the off-chance that I could create a bug by "customizing" my meshes, I don't do it (and I'd hate to think that I could slow up the process by trying to figure out if I caused a bug by doing it, or just happened to encounter the bug after (but unrelated to) what I'd changed).

Edited by Arnieman

You edited the meshes or the bitmaps? Looks like it was just a change to the bitmap files to me. If that is so that would all be client side without any impact on the server right? I ask as I was interested in making some custom guild capes for the members. The files would overwrite the default image files for the capes and such only and would not modify the client in any other way. Should be in its own thread I know but since you brought it up I appreciate any feed back you have on this issue.

Storm

OR... they could do what they've done and say that eventually, we would be able to do this stuff again, but for now, they'd rather we aren't, so that they can actually find what is wrong (if anything), fix it, and get this test period over with so we can have the cool meshes again?

Don't get me wrong, it looks cool. Right now, there are some meshes I'd like to change in mine (again) to make mine look cool. However, on the off-chance that I could create a bug by "customizing" my meshes, I don't do it (and I'd hate to think that I could slow up the process by trying to figure out if I caused a bug by doing it, or just happened to encounter the bug after (but unrelated to) what I'd changed).

I said i have the files on a different el folder completely

I dont post about bugs unless i am using the stupid normal el clint

If they would rather we dont then the "we" of the art department should say so

You edited the meshes or the bitmaps? Looks like it was just a change to the bitmap files to me. If that is so that would all be client side without any impact on the server right? I ask as I was interested in making some custom guild capes for the members. The files would overwrite the default image files for the capes and such only and would not modify the client in any other way. Should be in its own thread I know but since you brought it up I appreciate any feed back you have on this issue.

Storm

It was just the .bmps wich are called the mesh's as you cant realy make new ones to have the game read unless you have server access or a modify'd client that thingsi the mesh's you mad are something like rabbits

I cant realy help you with the capes but LabRat could he was doing that perticular thing before this last 'big' update and client switch

Thanks for the update. Doing the capes is not an issue, really very easy. When you said meshes though I thought you meant the wire frame coding. Unless someone should do something really wierd it would not impact the server side. It may impact some moron changing a file then complaining about the game not working right! :P

Thanks!

Storm

I said i have the files on a different el folder completely

I dont post about bugs unless i am using the stupid normal el clint

If they would rather we dont then the "we" of the art department should say so

Storm

It was just the .bmps wich are called the mesh's as you cant realy make new ones to have the game read unless you have server access or a modify'd client that thingsi the mesh's you mad are something like rabbits

I cant realy help you with the capes but LabRat could he was doing that perticular thing before this last 'big' update and client switch

Lol lv called them mesh's if you read my post it just said i did it all in photo shop *hint hint*

Its easy to edit the cape files and junk but if you want only your members to apear wearing them theres more you have to do and that i dotn know how to explain

Tanyia Gnomes are to be roasted not listened to :P

I'd let a thousand Draegoni roast me ten thousand times over before giving up my cloak and gloves.

Nu he didnt give them up i ripped them off >.>

when he ran away he put them back on