Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Nightmare

The Jewel Monkeys of Kusamura

Kendai meanwhile has gotten off the boat, suddenly feeling very lonely and slightly afraid. An orchan left to her own devices in a frozen wasteland with little food probably wouldn't last long. Thankfully she had come prepared with the furs, but she was little prepared for anything else these lands may bring. She lingers by the gangplank, waiting to see if anyone else got off with her. Yes, she was definitely beginning to regret she had ever heard of those jewel monkeys... curse her curiosity...

Brom walked down the cooridor toward where Dunian was hiding, when he got close he felt Dunian was not there, reaching out he felt someone creeping up behind him. "Why does everyone sneak up behind me? You think they would learn... Even you Dunian." Brom turned around lazily knowing his friend would not attempt to scare him or sneak any futher when the trap was already sprung. "We just do it because we such a good reaction out of you!" said Dunian. A broad grin crossed both men's faces as they walked toward eachother and shook hands. "I assume you are comming with us? Stowing away is not fun at all." Brom himself had not stowed away in a while, he usually found some loophole to get him a room and bed, or at least on the crew with a hammock. "I am in need of your assistance friend, I do not like leading groups and I am in need of someone to do just that since we lost Shadowbane. You did so well last time you led us against that Orchan horde, what do you say?"

LadyWolf sits back against the cold stone ledge in this odd portals room. She feels a slight chill from the cool stones and pulls her cloak tightly around her. Sitting back she decides to take a short snooze while waiting from someone to tell her where to go.

"I'll do what I can, but I have a few questions." said Dunian. "Where is LadyWolf? And why on Irillion are we stopping so far south? Kasumura is a jungle! Anyways, I thought I saw an orchan on deck that looked alot like Kendai, maybe we can find her." When they had left the hold, Kendai was nowhere to be seen, so they walked down onto the dock.

Edited by Dunian

Kendai smiled a bit as she saw them coming. "I'm glad I'm not alone on this trip. Anyone know what in Draia is going on? What happened to finding jewel monkeys?" Despite her warm furs, Kendai shivered a bit. Bloody frozen wasteland...

Fox stepped back onto the deck, his confusion only matched by the intense cold he felt. He spotted The orcon women on the dock, with another fellow.....if they were leaving....they must know what was going on

Poor logic, but he stepped onto the deck

"What has happened here?" the human asked

A green-cloaked shadow stepped into the light, along with a large, brutish looking orchan in full-plate. They walked to the docks, saying "Welcome..."

Fox was not a violent induvidual, though in current circumstances, he didn;lt trust himself defenceless. Reaching for his sword, he unsheathed and held tightly in his right hand, holding it down as not to appear hostile

"Greetings" he squinted at the man, whose aura seemed to glow around him

The orchan and green-cloaked stranger then felt a presence, and ran off. A couple of people were left with confused looks, when they saw, out of nowhere, Shadowbane. His cloak shimmering in what was now moonlight, he strode towards them to greet them. His silver-scales glimmered in the night, dancing and sparkling like the stars n the night sky. "Welcome to the lands of Trassian! I am sorry for the inconveinence and I didn't tell you sooner, but I've been busy. If you'll follow me, the local Inn-Keeper, a friend of mine, will give you rooms for the night. I have covered all the costs, and in the morning you'll be able to leave on the boat further north. Oh, the local Tavern may be crowded, so I've arranged rooms in the Prince Saret Inn in Dra Syn. You are free to wander, just avoid the cold lands to the north, for they host many dangerous beasts. And do not venture into ANY caves, under no circumstances shall you travel into any of the catacombs and caverns that lie in these cold lands, orders of Queen Pilathix. And when you go to the Tavern, thank my friend Cindy."

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

The mysterious blue-haired fellow had been shifting in the books of the Grand Library of the Draegoni for hours, and finally found the book he was looking for. He then, took a ring out, and teleported himself to Isla Prima. But there he heard a loud commotion as hundreds of people swarmed to IP in a mass-hysteria. "What's happened?" A guy told him "The Curse of Mortos has lifted!"

((And I leave this story, I will continue a while as Shadowbane, but he will have to leave a little later for another story where he dies. His spirit will continue though, in a weird, draegoni mystical kinda way.))

"Well, I don't know about you two, but I'm cold." said Dunian, glancing between the Shadowbane and Brom, "Lead us to the Prince Saret Inn!"

((Interesting,))

I knew you would be back Shadowbane, and I at least will take up the room and ale in the tavern. Give us some time to rest our stomaches and our minds from our trip. We will be heading back north to Kusamura tomorrow? Fantastic. The people on the dock agreed and walked toward the tavern with Brom. Dunian and Brom chatting pleasantly about the local life, Especially the ladies. Brom had become Draegoni yes, but he still had a draw toward human women as well, :D And Draegoni females only come in two types. Loud and Quiet, neither of which Brom wanted.

"Dunian, Ladywolf is in the Portals room, We will need to find where the portal spawns and meet her there, She can take care of herself normally, but I have heard tales of some horrible beasts in these lands. So lets talk with the locals then sneak off in the night to the spawn, so that Ladywolf can join us tomorrow. Do you like the plan?"

"I sure do, why don't we cast the spell ourselves? That way we all end up in the same place!" Dunian set his staff in one corner of the inn room. Soon he had ventured into the common room. He only got one ale, he'd need his senses at their fullest tonight.

Edited by Dunian

Overhearing Dunian and Brom, Shadowbane simply said "Ok, just make sure you're back in time for the boat. And don't venture far across Irilion. Unless you haven't recently heard, the Curse of Mortos is lifting, and I smell trouble is afoot." With that, Shadowbane walked foward again. He divided the group in half, sending one half to the Trassian Inn/Tavern, the other group he guided to Dra Syn for the other tavern, the Prince Saret Inn. When he got to the gates that lead into Dra Syn, he suddenly had a feirce look in his eyes. One of the columns was in millions of tiny pieces. "Well, continue on our way we shall..." He conitnued east, then he started Southeast. Soon, they were traveling up paths of packed-down snow and columns of ice. Then, they reached the Prince Saret Inn. Then, he left the group and went to take residence in one of his bestest friends' house, the house of SisteMa' Silverwish of Dra Syn.

((Kendai, Brom, Dunian, Fox Lupine and LadyWolf (if she decides to come back to Dra Syn) stay at the Prince Saret Inn, while a bunch of random n00bs and anyone else who decides to join goes to the Trassian Tavern.))

((Or, we could just pick which groups are are in. :D As for me, I am going to the Tarssin Inn, because I want to merge Pennifuin into our story. Why dont we all go there...Why split up the group, its not that large a group. Here is the link for Pennifuin. http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...ndpost&p=225093 ))

Brom strode into the tavern at Tarssen, standing up straight finally to embrace the warmth from the insulated room. Running a quick eye around the room he saw locals, Humans, Elves. Even a few Draegoni were giving the bar their custom. An elf garbed in a green cloak was being carried up the stairs by two large men.

"I am in Irilion, that could be him" Brom said to himself, he found he was muttering the words under his breath, a bad habbit that often got him into trouble. Especially with the ladies (Heh I had to throw it in) Walking up to the bar Brom was about to request rooms for a reduced price if he told stories to the residents inhabiting the tavern, when Shadowbane spoke up and requested the rooms for them. Brom felt eyes piercing him in the back of the head, he turned around slowly and saw that unmistakable hooded powersaving cloak. "Lord Vermor." Brom said to him through a mental link. Adding a hint of tiredness and Thanks into it so that the two simple words spoke much more than they said.

Edited by Brom

(( Ive decided to join. However with a character you will all hate. He will be rude, slimy,and many times drunk. Name: Bethurc . Profesion: Poor tinker. Description: Dirty, Worn and torn clothing, short brown hair with a stolen double edged steel at his side.))

Bethurc strode into the Tarssen tavern. After having a few cheap ales he waited till the serving women went off duty. Hidden among the people he saw many enter. Looking at a few of the newcomers he thought he was not a match too. Including some strange fellow in a blue cloak that made him shivar. After wiping his hands on his jerkin he noticed an old dragonie come in. Ha he thought! Easy prey. Going up to brom he said "got any items to sell?" in a slightly slurred voice. In his right hand he held A few copper coins with gold paint on them. The other hand held a hidden dagger under his jerkin just in case of trouble. The stranger wouldnt realize he was left handed until it was to late he thought....

(( Hey btw does my character have enough faults in him?no i am kidding:D))

Edited by sparhawk

((HeHe. ;P))

"got any items to sell?" said a small man behind Brom. "Why do people never learn to come up in front of people" Brom said aloud, more to himself than to anyone else, turning around he found a tinker standing in front of him, a dirty man with little understanding for manners. "Hello youngin. I do not sell anything with the exception of my stories. Would you like to buy one of those? I can spin stories so that your senses will be enticed and you will go to bed with a comforted mind. I can also spin the opposite direction and make your dreams for the next week wreak of fear for monsters and creations that have come from mear words from an old storyteller. Would you like one?"

Shadowbane went outside, and sent a mental message to Brom: "I'm going to the Tri Caves where there is unfinished buisness. Watch after everyone, and untill I get back, you and Kendai are in charge. Keep a look-out for Derin, and Pennifuin, the elf that entered the rooms as we entered, is suffering from hypothermia, so stay away. And beware, I have heard, Mortos is loose again, and he is HERE." With that message sent, he was back on his way through to the Tri Caves of Dra Syn, and hoped he hadn't frightened his dear friend.

((Eh, sctrach the joining of the two threads. So, No Pennifuin unless he wants to join. And...Derin is not here. But Dunian is! :)))

"Sure Ill take take of everyone and lead the group while your gone." Brom thought differently. Dunian will lead and I will simply consul.

"Dunian, Shadowbane told me that he wants you to lead. Until then Im getting a drink and speaking to the locals, So much history here I would love to hear."

Kendai, already sitting on one of the stools with a mug of warm ale in her hands (to warm them up, of course, wink), glanced curiously at the peddler heckling Brom. Despite her race, she was not stupid, as she had once been an elf, but that was another story altogether. She watched Brom and the strange man closely for trouble, just in case.