Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crypt1c

Instant Death. - Has to be painless

It all depends on how far you are away from the blast. If you are a good distance away be prepared for a lot of pain. :mellow:

Edited by 70347

It all depends on how far you are away from the blast. If you are a good distance away be prepared for a lot of pain. :mellow:

Nuke lands above you. Literally hits the ground next to you...

Um not really if you count radiation sicness(lukimia)

I think we're talking about "ground zero" - the area completely vaporized by the explosion, not 'ring 3' - where radiation poisioning happens.

I'm talking about the immideate fusion radiation - think of it as photon pressure, turning you into gas much like pressured water turns sand into quicksand

dunno about instant death lol i know instant nuddles but nothing else.

but you got a good topic, i was wondering since this morning if you felt pain during dying...

coz a girl of my school (i didn't know her actually) died this week end, like those football players duing a match >_<

but i don't know if death is instant in the case of an atomic bomb although we say "during" which means its not instant...

dunno about instant death lol i know instant nuddles but nothing else.

but you got a good topic, i was wondering since this morning if you felt pain during dying...

coz a girl of my school (i didn't know her actually) died this week end, like those football players duing a match >_<

but i don't know if death is instant in the case of an atomic bomb although we say "during" which means its not instant...

Non-believer!! Stone him! :) lol. If an atomic bomb hits directly next to you, you'd die quite fast. Instantly not likely. But you get the idea of FAST.

Well wouldn't there be instant death..? like if you had a heart attack or something that instant w/e second when you flatline would be instant death wouldn't it? I don't think you can die for longer then a ploctosecond or w/e second, when you die, your dead you can't be living/dead at the same time.

Your alive or your dead

Well wouldn't there be instant death..? like if you had a heart attack or something that instant w/e second when you flatline would be instant death wouldn't it? I don't think you can die for longer then a ploctosecond or w/e second, when you die, your dead you can't be living/dead at the same time.

Your alive or your dead

True. But what i'm saying is, for instance, heart attack. you didn't die instantly. Your body just couldn't hold out any longer. It worked up to something. I mean just BOOM and you're gone.

Does anyone really die in an instant?

Yeah the 1 that gets the bomb on it's head! :confused:

True but i thought that a cut to the jungular vein was instant.

True but i thought that a cut to the jungular vein was instant.

No.. You're alive for a few seconds. Maybe if I go Wolverine on your jugular... :confused:

Edited by Ryzin

Your alive or your dead

There's a big difference between being clinically dead (for example no pulse, no respiration) and biological death (cellular activity has stopped). And even that is fuzzy since different cells in the body die at different times when they are no longer receiving oxygen, although it's generally accepted that when brain cells die (the first cells to die, in the 5-10 minute range) you're biologically dead.

After all, lots of people die (clinically) from a heart attack and are brought back to life before they die (biologically).

In addition, anything that causes a large enough drop in blood pressure (heart attack, massive blood loss, etc) will result in you going unconscious, but it still takes 5-10 minutes for enough brain cells to die to qualify for biological death. You may not experience a long death (unconscious) but it's still not instant.

Given all that, it would say that many/most forms of trauma to the body (excluding the head/brain) are NOT instant death. On the other hand, complete incineration at a cellular level (like from a nuke strike) is close enough to "instant" to qualify for me.

Hmmm but who believes in the after life? if so then your not dead after you die. Hmm i wonder what is the meaning of life then? If life never ends. :D Better not start a forum debate :)

Your alive or your dead

There's a big difference between being clinically dead (for example no pulse, no respiration) and biological death (cellular activity has stopped). And even that is fuzzy since different cells in the body die at different times when they are no longer receiving oxygen, although it's generally accepted that when brain cells die (the first cells to die, in the 5-10 minute range) you're biologically dead.

After all, lots of people die (clinically) from a heart attack and are brought back to life before they die (biologically).

In addition, anything that causes a large enough drop in blood pressure (heart attack, massive blood loss, etc) will result in you going unconscious, but it still takes 5-10 minutes for enough brain cells to die to qualify for biological death. You may not experience a long death (unconscious) but it's still not instant.

Given all that, it would say that many/most forms of trauma to the body (excluding the head/brain) are NOT instant death. On the other hand, complete incineration at a cellular level (like from a nuke strike) is close enough to "instant" to qualify for me.

Oh of course. I realize there is no instant death. But yeah, on the cellular lvl of a nuclear strike, that's close enough to instant for my blood.. (I WIN!! :w00t::P)

I better stop reading this post.. All these big words hurt my head :rolleyes:

ROFL

Hey. You. Yeah. You. Don't laugh at me. Yeah. That's right. You. Don't laugh. Yeah. Uh huh. That's what I thought. Don't laugh at me..

Anyway, lets move away from that spam. Heh, besides all the physics, this topic is fun :icon13:

I think this come down to which bit of the title we are refering to... Instant death, as stated is rather hard to acheive.. A painless death (IE one wich is faster than the CNS system) is a lot easier to achieve. A nuke blast certinally counts as the later, and some poisons (don't ask me wich ones, but i am pretty sure they exist :whistle: ) can cause clinical death faster than the CNS recognises the impact. Of course the line again get fuzzy here as biological death is harder to acheive instantly.

Cyrogenics put someone into what to all intents and purposes is clincal death, and biologically the cells are not doing anything so are 'dead', but the person can be revied later and still be healthy. Ok so this aint been done on people yet but microbes and plants and i think mice have all had it done to them.

who would be stupid enough to crack a atom in half to make a atomic blast?

goodbye earth (trys to break a atom) XP a bullet to da heart is insteat death isn't? what about thoes rays on the tripod in war of the world ;)

No bullet to heart isn't instant. It has to travel through CNS and say: "Hey, you're fricking dead!" and the brain has to die. Which is a bilogical death. Which is why a nuke next to you is instant, cause there is no brain to tell yourself you're dead. I WIN!

who would be stupid enough to crack a atom in half to make a atomic blast?

Reminds me of the arguments the scientists behind the Manhattan Project had against testing the original Nukes - causing that chain reaction might spread throughout the atmosphere and kill worldwide, one hypothesis went.

Los Alamos, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki aside, I think we're all still here 50 years later.