Eternal Lands Official Forums
scarr

Isla Prima Newb suggestions

Characters should be able to change their spawn/beam point when they become established.

For example, becoming a 'citizen' of a town, they would spawn in the town square instead of back on IP. If a 'wraith' figure was also available in their home town they would have little need to return to IP.

Isla Prima would still be accessible to all characters for newby helpers.

Characters should be able to change their spawn/beam point when they become established.

For example, becoming a 'citizen' of a town, they would spawn in the town square instead of back on IP.  If a 'wraith' figure was also available in their home town they would have little need to return to IP.

Isla Prima would still be accessible to all characters for newby helpers.

215849[/snapback]

I doubt that there will be more than one wraith.

But as to choosing a spawn/beam point...not such a bad idea. But there would have to be restrictions or a ready made list of choices. Otherwise everybody would respawn near or at their favorite storage or potion seller or attack god.

Although don't forget, #beam me up is being phased out as well.

Moving Wraith from Isla Prima? No - why? at the beginning newbies get lost even on Isla Prima and if they would have to go White Stone to get to Wraith, with all those dangerous animals/monsters on their way, they will start hating even a thought of Eternal Lands.

More than on Wraith. For me it's worth consideration, however I'm not sure if I like this idea. Some not-so-newbie players on Isla Prima are needed to answering questions and giving some pieces of advice to newbies.

Other problem with moving Wraith: The Wraith Quest. And, to solve your n00b going back to the island problems, you can design a NPC that only allows you to go to IP if you have a overall under a certain level. Then, you can move the death spawn to somewhere more reasonable, like a graveyard. And for n00b helpers and MODs, they can poof there or have a special pass (not actuall item like white asiastic like flower) that allows the NPC to let them go there, and terminate the IP banner in Portals Room.

Other problem with moving Wraith: The Wraith Quest. And, to solve your n00b going back to the island problems, you can design a NPC that only allows you to go to IP if you have a overall under a certain level. Then, you can move the death spawn to somewhere more reasonable, like a graveyard. And for n00b helpers and MODs, they can poof there or have a special pass (not actuall item like white asiastic like flower) that allows the NPC to let them go there, and terminate the IP banner in Portals Room.

215879[/snapback]

Or, leave IP how it is (It will be left the same ;P) And re-activate the Newbie island. Which is the same thing, Only newbies and NH/Mod can go there. Here is the downside, Some players are darn useful at helping newbies. Thus why that "newbie only" area does not really work for me.

Or, leave IP how it is (It will be left the same ;P) And re-activate the Newbie island. Which is the same thing, Only newbies and NH/Mod can go there. Here is the downside, Some players are darn useful at helping newbies. Thus why that "newbie only" area does not really work for me.

215887[/snapback]

I would prefer we leave IP as is, but bring back Newbie Island. And yes I agree that it is important for new players to see and interact with the more established players.

BUT: if the newbies had the chance to learn a few basic skills on their own...things such as walking, harvesting, killing bunnies, exploring...it also teaches them they CAN actually help themselves as well. THEN we can have them progress to IP prepared to learn the slightly more complex things that the other players can help them with. Right now we are bombarded with newbie begging machines because they are thrust into a world where they have absolutely no idea how to do anything but see players with all sorts of stuff.

The next generation has a better start than the last, and in the end, the youngin's will conquer the elders! We will have to hide in our guild maps, protected by our guard BOTs.

Choices for a new respawn point should certainly be restricted (I use the citizen of a town or village as an example), and have some cost associated. Only ever one respawn point at a time of course.

If there is a desire to reduce 'high level' traffic through IP, then adding (or extending) a local NPC to provide the wraith functionality (only to 'local' characters) would make sense. This does not change the IP Wraith in any way.

The next generation has a better start than the last, and in the end, the youngin's will conquer the elders! We will have to hide in our guild maps, protected by our guard BOTs.

215896[/snapback]

Pfffffffff, lmao, man, stop joking.

Newbies have better start and will conquer the elders - :) it's really awesome. I see the newbie that has so easy start (mind a/d 3/3 and stats at 4/4) that beats DonPedro or even as weak fighters as me in time shorter than couple months of hard training. Yay! Such newbie shall be ranked in Guiness Book. Beware ebul newbies, they could harm your PK bots to death!

Seriously, such arguments are really funny. The fact more experienced players (I don't mean experience points here) had harder start, true, but don't forget they have great handicap now. They know what's going on in Eternal Lands, they know how to train, what is worth to put pickpoints in, etc.

And, arguments that the healing fountain for newbies will cause too easy start for them and will make them uber stron, is really silly.

or deliver Newbie helpers to the newbies house to show them everything.

mail order NH's \o/

Edited by Hardcore

You can do something SIMMILAR to that, by just making 2 different beam/respawn points for more experienced players (probably outside IP) and newbs (as it is right now) - that will dramatically reduce the crowds of experienced players visiting Isla Prima, but it won't prevent them of coming there when they feel like helping newbies (restricting the ability to help newbs only to NH/Mods is not good).

PS: I've never seen the newbie island...

Edited by Catz

I think that once your OA is greater then say...20 there should be a different place where you are "reborn" (Come out of hell).

There could be a new respawn point somewhere near like WS or DP docks. That way, apart from spending pp, only newbiesand their helpers will be on IP (Assuming #beam is disabled on all maps)

I would prefer we leave IP as is, but bring back Newbie Island.  And yes I agree that it is important for new players to see and interact with the more established players. 

BUT: if the newbies had the chance to learn a few basic skills on their own...things such as walking, harvesting, killing bunnies, exploring...it also teaches them they CAN actually help themselves as well.  THEN we can have them progress to IP prepared to learn the slightly more complex things that the other players can help them with.  Right now we are bombarded with newbie begging machines because they are thrust into a world where they have absolutely no idea how to do anything but see players with all sorts of stuff.

215893[/snapback]

I agree with the "BUT". Newbies are WAY too dependent on others-sometimes they absolutely refuse to do things on their own, no matter how hard you try to teach them. They just keep begging "heal me plx free stuff fire NOW!!~!." And, unfortunately, I'm not kidding. If Newbie Island comes back and is ONLY for newbies, then they HAVE to learn to be self-sufficient from the beginning. They probably won't spend as much time begging and whining, especially if they're forced to learn to harvest, eat, equip, etc. before they're allowed into the "Real World"...I mean...the "Real Draia." It's a bit like a rite of passage-they can't become real players until they learn the basics of the game.

Honestly, it would make actually helping newbies easier as well. Right now, when you get someone who won' t listen but won't stop begging either, it's VERY frustrating to try to help them. But, if they don't need to ask "how do I eat", "how do i heal," etc., they can ask REAL questions, such as "Is there a faster way to heal?" or "What should I fight after beavers?" etc.

One stupid question, since I arrived after Newbie Island's existence: Is it a multi-player map, or is it like the character selection screen, where you are the only person there?

i'm alright with the questions.. but seriously.. i must agree with tanyia there.. the begging situation is doing my head in.. the only way to stop it it to beg myself lol i know it's cruel but still atleast they stop for a minute then..

Im not seeing the begging. I will go hunting for it tonight if I have time. But I do think Newbie Island needs to be reactivated.

1000 Posts.

Now to go home!