Eternal Lands Official Forums
warmastermage

Hot Topic

To all those who are experienced at writing hot topics such as lord_vermor or shivar anyone that is rank of Chimera Wolf in these forums and to everyone that has written a hot topic before i ask you this question how do you write a hot topic.

I have never written a topic that has gotten alot of responses i need you to give me some tips on how to have people reply. I know if im bland no one is going to reply but i need some tips on posting. If you can help thanks. :)

This has GOT to be one of the most "interesting" posts I've seen in a while. I actually took the time to have a look through the topics you've started, warmastermage. Most of them were in Suggestions. Nice, but if you want to start a Hot Topic (hehe... :angry:) you've got to do better than that. Topics in General Chat, Misc or Events are usually the ones that get the biggest number of posts.

Three things work:

1) Something that everyone is interested in (like the chronic Negative Perk Discussion)

2) Something that is absolutely mindless and requires no thinking (Forum Game)

3) Something that everyone can participate in (Happy Birthday)

And AFAIK, Lord_Vermor and those other Chimeran Wolves got their ranks because of consistent posting over a large number of topics over time, rather than starting one hot topic. Look at when they joined the Forums.

You could always post something contriversial that people will like to argue..... like plans for world domination. Not that I would know or anything :angry:

This has GOT to be one of the most "interesting" posts I've seen in a while. I actually took the time to have a look through the topics you've started, warmastermage. Most of them were in Suggestions. Nice, but if you want to start a Hot Topic (hehe... :angry:) you've got to do better than that. Topics in General Chat, Misc or Events are usually the ones that get the biggest number of posts.

Three things work:

1) Something that everyone is interested in (like the chronic Negative Perk Discussion)

2) Something that is absolutely mindless and requires no thinking (Forum Game)

3) Something that everyone can participate in (Happy Birthday)

And AFAIK, Lord_Vermor and those other Chimeran Wolves got their ranks because of consistent posting over a large number of topics over time, rather than starting one hot topic. Look at when they joined the Forums.

200749[/snapback]

i guess ill try that although im having trouble deciding which one ill start after this post becomes a hot topic it looks like its going in the right direction...

Yaahooo I written my first hot topic!!!! I would like to thank me, Choris, scarab2k, freeone3000, Shouja, Aislinn, soldus, Shivar, and Lord_vermor for making all of this possible!! Yay :angry::(:D:D:D

Edited by warmastermage

15 posts is the limit of hot topic if I remember correct... :D

EDIT: Or... 14?

Edited by Choris

The fact that there are people who want to have a "Hot Topic" bad enough to write a post to ask how just helps to prove the world is full of all kinds of people. I would not want it any other way :D.