Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Eldoor

PK suggestions

Guest Eldoor

Im just wondering ... You might not like this idea you might like it.. I dont know but uhmm I was wondering .. In pk its not really fair for people cuz mostly only pplz that go in and auctually find pking usefull are people that are 60/60 a/d and up which is not good for us below ... So I was wondering if we could make pk'ing in groups are something like certain maps only 20/20 a/d through 30/30 a/d can go in whilst other maps 40/40 a/d and 50/50 ad can only go in so its more in the range and people can have ALOT more fun in pk.. also you could do like this waiting thing where you first can only start going in pk's at 20/20 a/d (level you start being able to get into guilds) so its kinda like turning 18 in real life when you get more of your U.S rights... Are 15/15 a/d I dunno.. I think it would be cool atleast and I hope yall like the idea.. I know big time games like DAOC and EQ and WoW (dark ages of camelot, everquest, and world of warcraft) do do this in there Player Kill Maps..

Great idea Eldoor but unfortunately not a new one. This has been suggested time and again, by myself as well. When I posted it about 4 months ago one of the replies I received implied that the update would contain something like this. While it hasn't arrived yet I continue to hope :P

It may not be feasible for game structure to have 3-6 whole new maps purely for pk at specific levels. Whilst the idea sounds fun i think realistically, cordoned off areas within maps would be more practical. Or beams to the maps without having to 'stitch' them in with the regular maps. At least until the games big enough to afford such diversity within it's layout.

Deffidently add a newbie pk map so that they can still experience PKing and not risk as much. maybe you must be under 20/20/10/10 a/d/p/c or something to go in? or you can go in but you cant attack or be attacked by anyone?

I don't like this idea. Easy explanation. Try to imagine the situation that there is about 10 groups that should have their own pk maps then (who will make them, who will implement them - imo wasting time and energy).

Next problem - ppl with lower a/d shouldn't be allowed to get to higher maps - simple reason - easy way to bagjump.

In my opinion deciding on going to pk area equals to being prepared to dieing. You have a/d 20/20 - don't go there - there are lots monsters animals you can train on. If you go - either leave everything valuable in storage or 'run' fast.

The problem will be solved when there will be 'duel' option.

I don't like this idea. Easy explanation. Try to imagine the situation that there is about 10 groups that should have their own pk maps then (who will make them, who will implement them - imo wasting time and energy).

Next problem - ppl with lower a/d shouldn't be allowed to get to higher maps - simple reason - easy way to bagjump.

In my opinion deciding on going to pk area equals to being prepared to dieing. You have a/d 20/20 - don't go there - there are lots monsters animals you can train on. If you go - either leave everything valuable in storage or 'run' fast.

The problem will be solved when there will be 'duel' option.

198959[/snapback]

AGREE! :P

Edited by NitageR

Oh - maybe the reply I received on the thread I posted about this was refering to the duel option..Cool! - Thanks Aislinn :P

kmaybe just have a limit on who you can attack... only somone with 10 levels of you? (this would of course mean that you would have to have an overall level for pking stats [a/d/p/c averaged out])

so a level 20 (pkAO) could only attack a level 10pkAO and up to level 30pkAO.

Make sense?

Edited by pennifuin

kmaybe just have a limit on who you can attack... only somone with 10 levels of you? (this would of course mean that you would have to have an overall level for pking stats [a/d/p/c averaged out])

so a level 20 (pkAO) could only attack a level 10pkAO and up to level 30pkAO.

Make sense?

199164[/snapback]

No it doesn't make sense at all. Simple reason, them bagjumper_X create character with a/d at 3/3 and all neg perks, but hellspawn. He goes with it to KF and just wait for death bag, jump on it take and leave KF. Why he is able to do it? Simple - no one can attack him there:/

A PK map for people under 40's would be cool i gues.

But not all catogory's just like this, but i bet it's hard to make so people above 40 can't go in there.

Edited by Mr.sMooMs

Well, I think there's a way to set maximum a/d average to enter...

EDIT: And also minimum, if I remember correct.

Edited by Choris