Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Client patch, please try it

Crus, is there any way you can compile the CVS yourself with the -DDEBUG ?

198624[/snapback]

Did it, still the same (graphics issues), and no, i can't locate the onelgl_error.txt file or anything simmilar, all i got in error_log.txt are these lines (they repeat but i'll post only once :P )

misc.c.my_fopen:296 - Error: Can't open file "./textures/fontv.bmp"

No Anim: ./animations/player_slash1.caf

No Anim: ./animations/canine_pain.caf

Error: Can't open file "./textures/particle5.bmp"

Error: Can't open file "./textures/particle6.bmp"

Error: Can't open file "./textures/particle7.bmp"

Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

Error: Can't open file "./particles/moon_bubbles1.part"

If this helps, but i think it won't help in solving the graphics bugs...

Let me know if there is anything else i can do..

I updated my client on Windows XP SP2. It works fine.

I haven't played long enough so I don't have any other comment to make for the moment.

Edit: Client crashed last night around 10pm: suddenly got out off the game. When restarting everything was fine ... y char sitting. But then I thought it might have been a server restart.

Edited by Sildegaar

Finnaly tried it and it works for the most part: No packet overload thingies, but the channel colors occasionally get mixed up sometimes when i minimize the game, but not nearly as bad as it was. :blink:

:blink: Dunian :battleaxe:

Edit: Also the text flickered a little after i used #cls

Edited by Dunian

Hi!

Have tried several times this fix and have quite a lot problems. Seems that my Sapphire Radeon 9000 cant handle everything. Sometimes it freezes for 10 secs and then I get a "VPU recover" screen after which can though continue. Also tried to hunt a problem of total crash after some change in settings. I just had to install original update few times because couldnt start at all. Got a "memore cant be read" error after login and after "loading 3d object" ..or was i 2d..

Not sure yet which setting caused that crash. Need to logoff and on after every change to hunt it but maybe I will pawn it soon :D...

Also got yesterday one disconnect with "packet overrun" which I understood was fixed here if caused by global filters..

With original update I have had not problems at all (if global filters off) even with fog and perspective view.

<edit>except one a bit annoying feature. When I use most horizontal perspective view: I can see the mark when I click to walk as long as I can see..but I wont begin to walk , I need to click closer. That wouldnt be problem but it works then like clicking a tree..if I click accidentally (when trying to click a bit over me) myself (when I have view so that "cam" is behind me) that makes me to walk back like when hitting tree. But if it is meant to be so then just have to admit it..

Some other specs :

XP pro sp2 with latest updates.

Catalyst 5.8

mother board Asus A7NBX-E

1GB memory

Athlon Barton 2500

But anyway...would Sapphire Radeon 9600XT have some advantages compared to current 9000?

Ratman aka Willson

(just realized that there was also character named Ratman (not mine) so that might lead to some confusions ;) )

Edited by Ratman

Hi!

Some other specs :

XP pro sp2 with latest updates.

Catalyst 5.8

mother board Asus A7NBX-E

1GB memory

Athlon Barton 2500

205111[/snapback]

Get Catalyst 5.9 It solved a lot of "issues" for me.