Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atreyu

Cow

There should be a cow added to the game some day...

For fighting..

But they should drop leather. Although, it should be like... raw leather or something, you have to take it to someone and it costs 2 or 3 gc per leather to have it turned into the normal leather, that you can use.

What do you think?

There should be a cow added to the game some day...

For fighting..

But they should drop leather. Although, it should be like... raw leather or something, you have to take it to someone and it costs 2 or 3 gc per leather to have it turned into the normal leather, that you can use.

What do you think?

198222[/snapback]

Leather doesn't have to be made from cowhides. Any animal skin could be used with the result depending on how thick and durable it was to begin with. Bear hide for example would be excellent for leather for armor.

Okay, so you would want every animal to drop it? That would really screw up the market..

198227[/snapback]

No, I'm saying that the reasons given aren't enough for adding a cow.

No, I'm saying that the reasons given aren't enough for adding a cow.

198236[/snapback]

how about the chance to start a dairy industry?

Fine, no cow.. but still, only one animal should drop the leather, so the market isn't totally pooped up... Maybe, a boar or bear.

Fine, no cow.. but still, only one animal should drop the leather, so the market isn't totally pooped up... Maybe, a boar or bear.

198238[/snapback]

I never said an animal should drop leather. I said it could be made from hides, so skill and materials would be needed, and then maybe only specific hides as well.

Well farming has been brought up before, but refused...I would imagine cows fall in that category :)

198246[/snapback]

Indeed :(

On the Leather issue: the knowledge of how to make Leather from hide is (up to this point) unknown by the eternals of Draia. If you want to lay your hands on cheaper leather, there is a quest that can be done.

Aw. Well most people I've talked to really like this idea...

198268[/snapback]

That's because they don't want tp have to buy leather! They have also suggested being able to make thread!

milk could be used in energy potions?

198299[/snapback]

No, strength potions ... milk builds strong bones so you dont break your arm with the magically increased strength!

I think the milk could be used in a defence potion stronger bones means you can absorb more attacks without injury. And i think the leather from cheap leather quest is cheap enough, leather wasnt meant for profit only for lving manu.

If animal skin could be turned into leather, there would be an interesting competition between manufactures and summoners...

I'm not sure this is still the subject, but I think leather should NOT be makeable. In just about every "making" profession, (except alchemy) you need to buy stuff to level. If you make leather makeable, you would take down the price on everything. Leather would drop from its General Store Value (10 gc) or Quest Value (4.33 or something gc) to around 1 gc. for 17 gc someone could make leather pants. Too easy. Keep Leather unmakeable.

Um no, if it cost 3 gc to be turned into leather, it would only be 1.6 gc off the cost from Kelcha, and it would be hard to get doing that... So most would just buy in bulk from Kelcha anyway.

Um no, if it cost 3 gc to be turned into leather, it would only be 1.6 gc off the cost from Kelcha, and it would be hard to get doing that... So most would just buy in bulk from Kelcha anyway.

199040[/snapback]

This way they at least have a choice of how to do it. No reason everything needs to be able to be free.

Aw. Well most people I've talked to really like this idea...

198268[/snapback]

Players usually love to get something the easy way, but is that really the way the game should be or the way the game would work? No it's not! Both economy and the pleasure of playing EL are two very sensitive things - you don't want to ruin either of it, don't you?

So please, in the interest of the game, keep these things in mind, before you post a suggestiong. Thanks B)

It wouldn't ruin anything at all, lol.. especially compared to things other people suggest. And these people I'm talking about are rich, they wouldn't care about the money..

I mean if they're hard to get, cost only 1.6 gc less than Kelcha's price to make, it wouldn't ruin anything. Most people would buy from Kelcha, anyway.

Maybe if it even cost 4 gc to have the hides made into leather.. it's just the feature that's nice, if you have extra skins.