Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rend

Packet Overrun

I get frequent 'Packet Overun ... Data Lost' errors. Then I get disconnected from server.

There doesnt seem to be any particular action that triggers this error. Its happened while training, spending pick points, and just walking across a map.

You guys have windows client or linux client ?

196864[/snapback]

Windows client on Windows XP Home family SP2. Official distribution and last CVS build give me the problem.

Edited by Lhibou

I'll throw in my experience here too.

I've never seen the "Packet Overrun" message before yesterday when I installed the new client. Since switching, I've seen it 4-5 times (that's in just a few hours of play). There weren't any other changes to my machine, internet connection or the llike. This is using the supplied Windoze client on a Win-XP system (laptop).

I've had a lot of packet overruns too, I didn't use ent's build for long before going back to CVS (windows:MSVC, not using NETWORK_THREAD if that matters)

have only seen this before on main server from doing a "#storage steel" (everytime. yes, I reported the bug)... don't remember seeing it at all on the test servers

Was sitting near the campfire in IP and I got packet overrun

Packet overrun, protocol = 115, size = 22562

Packet overrun, protocol = 47, size = 25973

Last CVS build at 22:00 GMT+2, no network_thread

it seems very likely that it's the new filters causing the problem. in particular, the ones that replace a word/phase with something longer, without making sure that it's safe to do so (variable bounds and/or the length variable)

Set GlobalFilter to off, Save-on-Exit to on, then exit, and restart. You can turn it back on once the patch is released.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...igs/s20172.html

While trying to solve that problem of global filters, my firewall intercepted this little thing coming from EL servers...

Until I can be assured that it has been given proper attention, I won't connect again.

Edit :

It is apparently a false alarm : Norton mistakes EL protocol with BD Insane 4.0. See http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...=0entry197748

Edited by Nyxl

:) very angry! My eternal lands dont work!!!! When i start a game its start conecting and he stops there.When i click on screen he turns grey and i cant turn it off !! I dont know what to do? HELP!!! :)