Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

The Ocean Strider's Voyage

Aokan noticing all the commotion silently follows the group towards the gate, passing the Orchan on the ground he chuckles silently.

"Stupid people can't even assasinate people correctly.."

he sighs and continues following the group from the shadows. Watching them walk into the gates of Palon Vertas he seizes his chance and runs up past the gate just as it was closing behind them. He darts for the shadows silently and watches them climb up into the Castle. Following the shadowed wall, he walks silently, carefull not to make any noise, He looks for any entrance he could possibly use, anything that could get him inside.

He sees a lower part of the roof than any other part of the castle, and near enough to the wall that he could make the jump. With lightning quick reflexes and incredibly fast foot work, he scales the wall and does a back flip onto the lower ledge.

"Now the fun begins.." says the Assasin and walks inside through the means of a unlocked window.

((I would like to ask PLEASE to not put words in other peoples mouths, this leads to places the other might not want to go, Make a complete thought into a question and have them answer it a bit later. Thank you- RP leader Yoshi :P ))

It had seemed like the Elf and the Gnome had been walking for an eternity. Placid, who was obviously struggling, staggered behind the Elf, who, not normally being prone to fatigue, also looked a bit worn thin.

"There must be a tavern around here somewhere!"whined Placid,"if we were in Seridia, we would have seen about six or more by now!"he added in a half mumbled self pittying voice.

Pennifuin opened his mouth to speak to the Gnome words of comfort, but as he did so, the world turned white, fizzled a little, and then reformed in front of him. He blinked, looked around, and blinked again. Looking to his left, he could see that Placid was still there, looking equally as confused. Looking around, penn could see that they were in a large rather dimly lit stone room, dotted around, were countless carvings, of things men could only see after consuming something highly potent and illegal. Penn felt somebody tap his shoulder. The Elf spun around with lightning fast reflexes, and before he could realise that it was in fact friend, not foe, trying to get his attention, landed the end of his stave in the belly of the now stunned and breathless Lord Vermor.

Placid trying not to let his amusement show, let out a short chortle, before bottling it back up again. Giving Vermor a helping hand to his feet, Pennifuin apologised profusely.

"Its *wheeeze* ok" struggled Lord Vermor, obviously in alot of discomfort.

and have them answer it a bit later. Thank you- RP leader Yoshi :P ))

194627[/snapback]

((ok what about when its really needed, doesnt really add to the course of the story, but is essential for the continuation? i.e Placids roll in my last post, no real impact, but it wouldnt be the same without it))

(((mmmm..placid on a roll...with bbq sauce!!! lmao)))

(((I am know where I want to go with mine, but I don't want to over post...should I wait to see if someone else implements me in their tale or what??)))

Kendai rattles the chains holding her to the wall, pulling against them to test their strength. It was of no use, she was stuck here in this cell until they decided to torture or execute her, it made no difference.

"Those damn Seridians... I hate them, I hate them all! They can't lock me up like this... they'll pay for angering my Master! I am the Chosen One!"

Over and over she repeats her hatred, yelling until her throat was hoarse, determined to show them that she couldn't be cowed, no matter what they did to her. To all eyes, she had completely snapped, and perhaps she had.

LadyWolf wandered on for what seemed an eternity. She had no idea where she was at the moment, or where she was going. She came to a small boat and climbed inside. The boat moved swiftly through the water (noone was rowing).

The voices got louder in her head. She still couldn't tell what they were saying, but she knew she was getting closer to the source.

LadyWolf turned and saw an icy piece of land coming into view. Images flooded her mind, from stories of her childhood. Could it be? Her heart lept a little in her chest, but she was also scared. She knew she was the only of her kind, although born full draegoni, her bloodline had been tainted with that of her gift.

The boat made land and she carefully stepped out onto land. She looked around, not knowing where she was, or where to go. Lady walked onward, cold and all alone. She knew she needed to find shelter for the light of the day was failing and it was getting colder.

LadyWolf save I cave in the distance so she headed in that direction, the voices were growing stronger and stronger. The noise of the voices, mixed with the cold, and her fatigue were too much for her, and just a few feet outside the entrance to the cave, LadyWolf collapse in the snow.

Just before she lost consciousness she channeled out asking for help, not knowing if she had enough strength to reach anyone. With that Lady faded off into a deep slumber...

(((ok...I am some where in the draegoni lands)))

After holding his laugh once seeing Lord Vermor pummelled by Pennifuin, Placid was a little lighter in the heart.

"Ahh, 'tis strange this place Vermor"

"First we coulnd't talk, now you turn up out of nowehere, albeit injured" siad Placid, grinning.

At that moment, a peculiar urge came over the group. Unsure of its source, or intentions, Placid sat on the ground.

"Wherever we are, we're not welcome it seems"

As gilthanas was traveling, he noticed a teleportal. He wasnt sure of where it went or why he was drawn to it, but his heart told him to go through it. After thinking about it for atleast an hour he decides to go through. What he found amazed him, elves everywhere in spectacular buildings. And gilthanas whispered to himself "I am home."

(decided to write myself out of the story for now, i wonder if there is an elvian town in the new continent)

Edited by gilthanas

Though it had taken them many long and difficult hours to extract the demon possessing Kendai, the mages and priests had finallly completed their task.

"She'll be all right, Aluwen be praised," a priestess said. "But she may never be the same..."

They bring Kendai to a room to rest and recover from the incident. Kendai just stares blankly, shivering though piled with blankets. Though her mind was free, it had been scarred from the possession. Her subconscious blamed herself over and over, she didn't deserve to live after what she had done and tried to do.

They discuss plans on how to send her back to Seridia without her body going through the shock of a teleportation ring. Meanwhile a mage looks in on her and sighs. "It will be her choice to come back to the realm of the living. But it looks like she needs a friend now more than ever..."

While Brom was sitting in the library next to Lyanna, communing with the inteligences all around him, he felt it, "Help .... Help Brom" It hit him like a wave washing over a low and smooth rock. LadyWolf! Standing up and jumping to his feet, Brom strode out of the library toward the way he had come. When he got out of the library he relised the Draegoni caves were a Maze!

He did not know where to go, Searching the minds he found one nearby and asked if she could show him the way out, It was an emergency!

The Draegoni, being deeply involved with a particular thought just shoved him aside and said, "Later!". Brom searched around and finally found someone who would help, running after the fleet-footed youngling Draegoni, Brom came to the enterence and looked around, nothing to be seen. Brom closed his eyes and uttered the words, "Un adr di Sculbalka" and felt for Ladywolf. He found her! 120 feet north of the cave, becoming covered in snow.

"Come with me!" he told the youngling as they ran forward toward her.

Reaching her unconcious form, Brom pulled out fire and spirit essense, combined them and placed them on Ladywolf's Chest, restorying heat in her body.

"Help me bring her into the caverns." Picking her up by the legs, the younger Draegoni by her shoulders, they carried her into the cave, to the flameless Cyrstal torches that adorned the wall.

Edit: Typos :)

Edited by Brom

LadyWolf was alive,barely, but alive. She thought she heard Brom in her mind telling her to hang on, that he was coming for her, but she faded from consciousness.

She heard a familiar voice, and forced one eye open, she couldn't focus, but she saw a dim sillouette, she could vaguely see it was an older draegoni male. She saw a bright flash of light and felt a welcomed warmth on her chest before fading out again.

She aroused again and felt herself being carried, she wanted to ask to where, but didn't have the strength. She heard another voice deep in her mind, this one she could make out, it was her friend Kendai. The Mages had freed her, but the poor girl was suffering from guilt now. With what strength she could muster she channeled to Kendai that there was no harm done, and that all of her friends would forgive the actions Mortos had directed her to do.

***Later***

Rousing slowly, feeling the warmth seep back into her frozen body, Lady slowly opened her eyes. She looked around and saw the most beautiful caverns. Turning her head slowly she fought to focus her eyes better.

"Where am I?" she thought. "You are home." she heard not in her mind but out loud. She turned her head towards the voice, it was Brom. Lady looked at him puzzeled, but he spoke gently and said. "Rest now, I will explain all to you when you wake." Lady nodded slowly and drifted back off to sleep...

((w00t! i'm home...but why?))

When Kendai hears the words spoken mentally to her from LadyWolf, she nods slowly. It had been Mortos, or rather his priest Dirhyan, controlling her. If only she hadn't been there in the first place...

A mage sitting nearby notices that Kendai was slowly awakening. Gently he takes her hand and looks into her eyes. "You're safe now, He won't try to hurt you anymore."

Kendai's throat was hoarse and rasping as she tries to respond: "If only... if only..."

The mage gently puts his fingers on her lips. "Don't speak now. Perhaps later you can tell us what happened, but for now, rest." Placing his hands on her temples now, Kendai suddenly feels drowsy as she feels the healing magic flow through her. Her eyes close wearily into a dreamless sleep.

((Now to think of how she got possessed ^.^; lol))

"But we must be getting back to Serdia, ... Yes I will return." Walking up the gangplank to a very strange ship Brom said to all the Draegoni assembled. "Thank you for your knowledge and hospitality!" Saying as much as he felt it, therefore truly telling the Draegoni he meant what he said.

The strange ship took off, for it flew as much as floated, back toward Serdia.

((Im comming back :brooding: to tell the stories we have created, and hopefully take this strange ship back to Illrion, Ladywolf I left you out of the ship, but I did not mention you, You could be on the ship with me if you like :P ))

LadyWolf Awakens with a start. "Where am I?" she mutters. Brom enters and tells her what the elderly draegoni's told him when they "pulled" him here.

"This is the land of our people." Brom replies. Lady frowns, "I have no people. I am cursed to wander alone, the only of my kind." Brom asks,"Why do you feel that you are alone? You were born draegoni, and I do not know how you came to posess the power that you do, but you will always be a draegoni."

LadyWolf felt a little at ease, so she told Brom about how she came to be. Brom replied, "You were given this gift so that you might live. Come, speak with the elders. They want to talk with you before we depart. "

Brom lead her to the chamber where the draegoni elders awaited her arrival. They asked her to tell them how she came to posess her truely unique gift. She gave them all the details.

The oldest and wisest spoke and said, "My child, you are truely unique. As a draegoni, you posess powers not known to mere man, but you, you have a gift not know to any other draegoni. You are very special, and a great attribute to our kind. You may feel as if you do not belong, but in your heart you will always be draegoni, and you will always be welcomed by your people."

LadyWolf now understood why she had made the trip to Illrion in the first place. She had seeked acceptance from her people, and had now gotten it. She felt at peace now.

The wise old draegoni spoke again, " You are to return to Seridia shortly. There is alot for you to learn dear LadyWolf, for you have not been in the company of our kind. I feel that you are in good hands with Master Brom."

***Later***

They made their way onto a strange ship, one that she had never seen the likes of before. She felt sad to leave her new found family, but knew that she would return to them often. She also knew that she had to get back to Seridia, in hopes that her friend Kendai was there. Kendai needed all the support she could get right now.

So with a new sense of belonging, Lady said farewell the other draegonis farewell and took her place on the ship next to Brom. "Let's go home." Brom said. Lady looked at him and smiled, "Yea, let's go home."

(((omw back to Seridia!!!)))

(((OUT OF CHARACTER)))

I wonder if it would be possible to clean this RP up some and maybe compile it to go into a book, like about adventures during the expedition to Illrion.

Edited by LadyWolf

Regar was bored. He'd sat thrugh dozens of cermonies and banquets at the Baron Wilde's side and hadn't been in a single fight. He hadn't gotten a chance to explore this strange new land at all, other than his brief time on the Ocean Strider. And now the Baron informed him that the preliminary treaties had been signed and they were all going back to Seridia on one of the new Inter-Continental vessels. It was SO unfair. Regar grumbled as he walked up the gangplank. When I come back...I'll see what wonders this land holds. I swear it. Taking a last look from the stern railing, Regar watched Irillion fade into the distance. I will be back.

[Out of Character Post]

I plan on pushing for that Ladywolf. Cleaning it up and editing in and out the parts to make it flow smoothly. Lets see how the rest of them get back!?

((Sounds like a wonderful idea LadyWolf :angry: Time to get me back to Seridia as well I assume :D))

When Kendai opens her eyes again, she stares upwards into wooden planks, rocking back and forth gently.

"We're on the sea," she thinks. "We're going back..."

A shadow moves over her, and instinctively Kendai stiffens.

"It's all right, I'm not going to hurt you." The mage who had tended to her before smiles down on her now. "Do you think you can tell us what happened?"

Kendai nods slowly as she recounts what she can.

"I was told that within the temple of Mortos, there was a man simply known as the Joker, and if I were to find him, he would give me a gift. Curious about the tale, I went to discover the truth. Although warned about the orcs lying in wait for those unworthy to step inside, I thought I would be safe under the cloak I wore to protect me from such monsters and my orchan blood will further convince them that I was no threat."

"I was wrong. I should have died while fighting those orcs, they were too strong. But instead of my soul going to the underworld, to reemerge on the island where all begins anew... it didn't. It's hard to explain, but my soul remained, trapped in my dead body."

"My body must have been resurrected by the priest Dirhyan, and instead of me controlling, it was him, acting through Mortos's will."

The mage nods slowly, soaking in the tale. "When we removed the possessor from your body, the spirit had fled. Now that we know who was behind it, we can take action against him and make sure he won't be able to do it again."

Kendai smiles slightly. "Thank you..."

The mage smiles gently. "You're more than welcome. Now rest, it will be a long journey back to Seridia."

Kendai: "Back to Seridia... back home."

No, I understand the Captains name is Gil...Yeah Its in the posts with the mental images. :D The Baron is the dignitary that was suppose to make all the contacts.

No, I understand the Captains name is Gil...Yeah Its in the posts with the mental images. ;) The Baron is the dignitary that was suppose to make all the contacts.

194885[/snapback]

ok, thx

Pennifuin felt himself awakening, he rubbed his achey eyes, felt his pounding head with his hands, squirmed, stretched, and lay there, staring at the ceiling, wondering about the peculiar dream that came to him the night before.

"Morning Penn!" came an enthusiastic voice from the foot of his bed.

Pennifuin sat up abruptly, to see Placid, rubbing an apple on his tunic. He took a bite and then tossed it to the freshly awakened Elf. Looking around, Penn realised that this was not his house at all, and all came flooding back to him, Kendai, Gnomes and Lord Vermor.

"So what do you want to do today then Penn?"enquired the cheery little Gnome.

"Let me get out of bed first before consulting me with such matters!"snapped Pennifuin, who was now feeling worse for wear. "What happened last night, my head is killing me."

"Well, Lord Vermor knew we were in trouble, he had been tracking our progress ever since the fire in Idaloran. When we were in trouble, he teleported us to his humble abode."

"Oh...yes...then we thought it would be a terribly good idea to crack open the ale in celebration. Wait, YOU thought it would be a good idea."

"One of my best."replied Placid without a hint a modesty.

Morning rolled on, the duo managed to get Penn dressed (just about) and Placid was on his third course of breakfast. Lord Vermor staggered in, defeated.

"thanksh for all the *BURP* grub LV" smiled Placid.

Vermor sat down, grunted, and collapsed on the table.

"I think we should go on an adventure today!"remarked Pennifuin, cheering up after remembering where he actually was.

The day was bright, radiant sunlight filled every corner of Palon Vertas, but, on the horizon, a black cloud loomed.

"I would ever so like to go for a sail today Placid, maybe take a boat round the coast a bit, explore like we used to back on Seridia!"

The gnome was busily burying his face in a currant bun stolen from the Kitchen of Vermor's summer home,(if you could call it that: Palace, Castle, Mansion would also suffice.)

Setting off down Vormus river, Placid lay in the bow sunning himself, chewing on a piece of grass. They drifted for miles, not a care in the world, and saw many wonderous sites, Gnomish Villages, Humans, Elves, even the occasional Draegoni wagon trundling along the riverside path. As they went bye, the two companions would give a royal wave, and then Placid would go back to snoozing, and Pennifuin would continue taking in the scenary, occasionally summoning a bird, or a fish.

The day wore on, and the river was widening, there was a chill in the air. The black clouds had followed them downstream and were just about over head. Pennifuin tried to rouse the slumbering Placid, but he just grunted and rolled over, falling off his perch and into the bottom of the boat.

"WHAT? what? eh?"said the rather confused Gnome."What are you doing you crazy elf?!"he added, and in a half murmur to himself "sheesh, big people today."

As Pennifuin tried to tack the boat, and make his way back up river, he noticed that he was not in control, looking around he could now see the river had turned tidal and now, the viscious current was ripping. He looked downstream, he could see a few leagues in front of them was the river mouth. The wind had picked up and was now going against the tide, causing the ever growing swell to crest and form white horses which danced around the struggling bow. Placid hung on tight as the boat was tossed around, being battered by the waves. Being a skilled sailor, Pennifuin had no trouble dealing with these sorts of conditions, he sheeted in the sail, and headed for the nearest riverside.

Suddenly, there was a massive *thwack* as the mainsheet(that is used to control the mainsail)snapped, letting the sail right out. With no power, the tide took them easily, and carried them at an astounding rate of knots, out to sea. The wind howled as the storm ceasingly increased in severity. Suddenly the was an almighty *CRAAACK* as the mast broke, the sail (and rigging with it) flopped over board into the unkowns depths. The waves grew bigger, ten, fifteen, twenty feet!

The two companions were huddling together in the bottom of the boat. She had done them well, such a small vessel could not have normally put up with such a battering, but she was a well built, almost a magical craft.

The boat began to tip in the ever growing swell when all of a sudden, a gust caught the side of the boat, tipping her over. Pennifuin and Placid were cast into the icy cold water, and did not reach the surface for what seemed like an Eternity. Breaking up through the water, Pennifuin gasped for air, the cold of the water made him short of breath, he would not last long. But where was his companion Placid?? looking around frantically, his heart sank. He saw his little friend clutching a plank which formerly made up the hull of the now obliterated boat. Penn swam as best as he could in the chop, over to him.

"He is still breathing, thank the Gods!" thought Penn to himself.

Seeing a barrel floating by, Pennifuin caught onto it an put the gnome inside. He hung on until he could no more, Pennifuin felt the barrel slip out of his grasp, the two drifted apart from each other in the ripping current.

Pennifuin could feel life itself silently but surely slipping away from him as he was swept further and further out to into the Winterglace Sea.

R.I.P PENNIFUIN

pennsjustdontfit4st.png

*Sniff* I regret to inform you that Pennifuin has met his maker...*sniff*

(or has he!)

Edited by pennifuin