Eternal Lands Official Forums

Should ants be made pkable?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should ants be made pkable?

• Yes
    • No

Literally every person I have talked to has complained about ants. Well I suggest we be able to do what we can do to real ants - kill them. :glare:

Sometimes one or two ants are marked PK, but since they are bots you don't see the red names.

Also, plans are being made for when the Anthill will be on a PK map again, which will make it more interesting for all.

wasn't the old ant hill next to salt?

If they are PK'able, it would be fun to allow them to spend their pickpoints somehow (fixed policy spending?).

Although since they are always on, over time they could become very hard indeed :icon13:

I can't understand why people complain. You should embrace such intelligence :icon13:

Furthermore, im sure the technology behind the ants will be used to better EL in some way.

Sometimes one or two ants are marked PK, but since they are bots you don't see the red names.

187825[/snapback]

question: what's the case with WanderingFool, then? He's a red-name bot, he not have the "bot" flag cause of the tag or something?

I can't understand why people complain. You should embrace such intelligence :blush:

187852[/snapback]

Heil, pig brother. :icon13: er, what I mean is, why not start work on Artificial Emotion with the AI? Would be fun to see if the ants actually become more human than some players. :lol:

I'll probly run into the sarcastic one. or the idiot.

;) No offenses, guys... I know Learner really put an effort when making the Ants, and I would be the last person to try and hurt the people behind EL programming, but... seriously... Ants are far the worst idea for EL playability... They are simply annoying walking around sniffing everywhere, sometimes there are a lot of them in the same place, what causes lag, and...

Well, you all know ants. I would like ants to be completely BANNED, but since this isn't going to happen, I'd be happy if I could kick their asses whenever one crosses my way. :P

(By the way, I love these smileys) ^_^

Furthermore, im sure the technology behind the ants will be used to better EL in some way.

187852[/snapback]

Then maybe they are better off in the test server until the technology behind them is used that way?

But if they're not, I'd still like to kill them. :battleaxe:

No, people will stand at the #beam all day waiting for them to spawn. People next to the campfire will be flooded with red messages.

It could be fun though .. but I think moving them back to KF would be enough. I liked it when they were in that fort in the middle of KF. :-)

No, people will stand at the #beam all day waiting for them to spawn. People next to the campfire will be flooded with red messages.

It could be fun though .. but I think moving them back to KF would be enough. I liked it when they were in that fort in the middle of KF. :-)

187913[/snapback]

The biggest reason they had to be removed from KF was people didn't give them a chance to heal and didn't even try to train on them. One of the reasons for them to be on PK maps is to try to make it easier for people to train. Instead, I watch trainers pull out serps to use on ants, instead of even attempting any training.

So, in a way, it's the players themselves that have been keeping them off of PK maps for now. That is part of the reason more work & planning has to go in before they can me moved back to PK.

WanderingFool is read because he isn't flagged as a bot just to allow his name to stay red. The ants sometimes are PK, so they have to be left flagged as bots or other problems happen.

Then maybe they are better off in the test server until the technology behind them is used that way?

187911[/snapback]

I fail to see what possible harm they are causing...Apart from lag (which, lets face it, you rarely see ants together that match the amount of a lag-causing crowd at VoTD...). Could you explain why you find them so annoying/harmful?

I happen to find them quite funny :P

I fail to see what possible harm they are causing...Apart from lag (which, lets face it, you rarely see ants together that match the amount of a lag-causing crowd at VoTD...). Could you explain why you find them so annoying/harmful?

I happen to find them quite funny :)

187918[/snapback]

I don't find it funny when they steal a person's death bag.

187928[/snapback]

There needs to be risk in death. The add better risk then items or exp just going poof. You do have a chance to get your things back.

187928[/snapback]

Errr, but surely that adds gameplay?

Furthermore, its not as though its ONLY the ants doing it, is it?...

Errr, but surely that adds gameplay?

Furthermore, its not as though its ONLY the ants doing it, is it?...

187934[/snapback]

When a person bagjumps, you can do something about it. When an ant does it, you get to sit there and watch it walk around in your stuff. Sure it will add risk in death, but an unfair one IMO. Make it possible for people to get their stuff back by killing the ant? The risk wouldn't be quite as big of one.

Make the ant pkable after it picks up certain items?

When a person bagjumps, you can do something about it.  When an ant does it, you get to sit there and watch it walk around in your stuff.  Sure it will add risk in death, but an unfair one IMO.  Make it possible for people to get their stuff back by killing the ant?  The risk wouldn't be quite as big of one.

Make the ant pkable after it picks up certain items?

187937[/snapback]

With players you'll have many that do the same thing, or go sell it. Plus, many people know the secrets of how to get things from ants on non-PK maps.

With players you'll have many that do the same thing, or go sell it. Plus, many people know the secrets of how to get things from ants on non-PK maps.

187938[/snapback]

I've spent a lot of time in nordcarn cave recently and the closest thing to a bagjumper I've seen around there is my own guild members. Now apparently an anthill has been placed there and the area is now nearly completely covered with ants. Like true ants, ruining one of the places I can go to get away from them.

Nothing annoys me more than a group of ants standing there waiting for me to die, because I can't #abuse for harassment when they happen to follow me around (they're bots!), and I can't ask them to leave (they're bots!).

Give at least some way to get rid of them.

Well, I had an issue with one ant in the sewers of the magic school (before they actually became pk)

This ant would walk around the sewers, never picking up any of the bags of bones that were left lying around, but as soon as someone started fighting a gobbie it would stand right next to them, and if they died it immediately picked up the bag.

I saw this happen several times, it got to where people that normally wouldn't speak to each other were asking each other for help against that stupid ant..I can't remember the exact ant (have a screen shot of him somewhere). I told a mod that was in the guild i was in and was advised to pm Learner, but he wasn't on..

How is that fair? No one had the chance to get their bag back, or have a friend sit on the bag for them because the stupid little ant was bagjumping lol.. Was that a glitch in that ant?

To resolve the issue with that ant, my guildmates and I kindly collected the bones for it and traded them to it. Then grinned while watching it fail to pick up any deathbags.

Another thing that annoys me is how the ant queen never misses a harvest hour.

Edited by Mr.Mind

the ants should give free stuff to newbs :)

To resolve the issue with that ant, my guildmates and I kindly collected the bones for it and traded them to it.  Then grinned while watching it fail to pick up any deathbags.

Another thing that annoys me is how the ant queen never misses a harvest hour.

187954[/snapback]

Would you rather all the ants always get their harvest hour?

Actually, the Ant_Queen simply has a bias that is stronger then the others that she likes staying at the Anthill more then the other ants. In the future the other ants will be working with her more directly.

Over 2/3 of people who voted here said they want ants pkable.

188040[/snapback]

Probably for fun, not because of dislike.