Eternal Lands Official Forums

We've got plenty of monsters, but we haven't actually got any evil people wandering round we could fight.

For example:

Pirates, with the obligatory eye patch, and a cutlass

Weird Alchemists with some sort of chemical weapon

Mages with flowing cloaks who only cast spells at you

All with the corresponding drops

I'd like town guards and wanted level (my i wonder where that came from). They would have AI similar to animals, they will be aggressive to monsters tho, and players with wanted level (scamming and stuff can be reported to a mod,so he can raise wanted level). And remember, respect is everything!

We have them, just wander on any PK map. We have lots of people that like to fill that role!

yes, but npc town guards would be a cool addition. We could even have a small village in a pk map, guarded by NPCs - wouldn't that be cool?

yeh maby some Elite guard

all level 100 a/d fighters that can restore..

yeh maby some Elite guard

all level 100 a/d fighters that can restore..

181082[/snapback]

If you're suggesting 100/100, then it should be 200/200 then!

well, its unlikely that every house in seridia would be empty (like they are right now) so maybe we should have a enemy (human/orchan/whatever) in each house, that attack you for breaking in. actualy, i think that might be a copy of RS ;) but it would make sense :icon13:

i think that might be a copy of RS :)

181341[/snapback]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

ah owell long as we don't get the greedy $%@#$@& players like RS..... :D

Edited by Gecko_Master

i realy want to see a map with a castle guarded NPc's who have abit skill(they can heal)

black knights(sword,axe)- 100 a/d 40/60 p/c

black mages - 80 a/d 30/50 p/c 20 will (they harm,mana drain you)

that would be so cool. :)

something that look like this black_knights.gif

Newbs don't have AI, they have NS (natural stupidity).

182012[/snapback]

teehee nice.

man...i forget when this was supposed to be in the game. it was sometimeway back before beta when ent said there would be AI wandering in the game..that dont just stand there, but actually move around..but heh. Although some of this is new stuff. Most have been mentioned before..by ent, but never came around do to game size or somthing like that. Just be patient. we got a big update coming,

i have faith in wytter and mihaim :) :)

Newbs don't have AI, they have NS (natural stupidity).

182012[/snapback]

Being as you were once a newb...i would venture to say that newbs do not have NS.

Merely ingnorance. Remember ingnorance is bliss...especially to those in KF.

man...i forget when this was supposed to be in the game. it was sometimeway back before beta when ent said there would be AI wandering in the game..that dont just stand there, but actually move around..but heh. Although some of this is new stuff. Most have been mentioned before..by ent, but never came around do to game size or somthing like that. Just be patient. we got a big update coming,

i have faith in wytter and mihaim :) :)

182031[/snapback]

Don't forget about the Ants, we're still working up to it. Part of it is simply a matter of priorities.

Don't forget about the Ants, we're still working up to it. Part of it is simply a matter of priorities.

182034[/snapback]

how could i forget about the ants..they are more of vacuums than fighting npc's :P but i guess you gotta start somewhere right?

how could i forget about the ants..they are more of vacuums than fighting npc's :P but i guess you gotta start somewhere right?

182052[/snapback]

I've tried them on PK maps, but then people never give them a chance to heal up.

We've got plenty of monsters, but we haven't actually got any evil people wandering round we could fight.

181004[/snapback]

Hear that, Shivar, you don't exist! :)

We have them, just wander on any PK map. We have lots of people that like to fill that role!

181036[/snapback]

Learner, you beat me to the punch here!

All joking aside, I like the idea... always was fun in UO, you see a thief walk into town, tries to steal, someone catches them, calls guards, flash of light, no more thief. That always was cool.

I like the idea of priests guarding their temple. They could attack followers of their god's enemies only - then the Eternal Lands mythology would find usage.

<edit>

Thank you Asmodai, in previous version it would be at least ridiculous.

I thought rather about puttnig them only in temples - and soon all gods will have temples.

Edited by vanyel

Edit vans post- 'other gods only' or 'enemy gods only'.

Can not beleive im saying this consecutively to van again....wouldnt those priests make map navigation a little hazardous? but i think it is a great idea :)

What about hiring npc mecinaries for a limited time for gold that follow you around and fight for you?

183983[/snapback]

no need for in EL