Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

The Unicorn

Well, There is the old Myth that Unicorns come from a Parallel Dimension(kind of like the Astral Plane) and ever so often, whether by personal Choice, Outside Intervention, or by Accident, a Unicorn will cross over into this reality. Many Unicorns can exist in this reality at once but it takes time before one crosses over.

Maybe make the Unicorn's appearances be Determined and Explained as such.

Also, the Unicorn should have the ablity to Teleport, Both Long Range and Short Range, in addition to their other spells. That way catching her will be even more difficult. And the Unicorn shouldn't need to use the Essences normally required for those spells. That's what the Unicorn's Horn is for. As long as the Unicorn has it's horn, it can automaticly use it's spells by drawing Essences from the serrounding Mana.

And that should be the reward for Killing the Unicorn. It's horn would allow the Player weilding it (and the player would have to wield it as a weapon) to use Essences they have in storage but the cost would require Twice the Normal cost of Essences. Maybe it'll even effect the player's Mana consumption, although I'm not sure how.

That way, only pure Spellcasters would be interested in using it since it takes up their Weapon slot but Spellcasters wouldn't be able to kill it with just normal Spells.

It could also be used in a New weapon which would have a Similar, yet less powerful, effect on the wielder.

I like that idea, it has some weak points, but with some work it would be a good way to introduce pure magic players. For now that is a dream, since most sigils and essences are still unused, and no mage can beat a strong player in combat... Unless you are not interested in fighting for the time being is impossible to be a pure mage, still...

- Regards people ;)

Enyo, I can imagine half the players of EL wanting to kill it for the fame ;)

If the punishments balance the rewards, I can't wait to see it killable :icon13:

181290[/snapback]

hmm, I think it's more a question of the rewards balancing the punishments, after reading the other Unicorn thread.

Enyo, I can imagine half the players of EL wanting to kill it for the fame :D

If the punishments balance the rewards, I can't wait to see it killable :)

181290[/snapback]

I REALLY wanna be first to kill the unicorn :)

*slips roja $5*

Great work

note to all: It has 200hp!

*looks at unicorn* :D  :omg:  :D  :omg:  :P  :D  *die*!!!

195132[/snapback]

I never PK anyone in my life..but with this update..thers a chance i will..

Jez

See... now look at the unicorn... take off the horn make it brown and now you got a horse, now find a purpose for horsie's

:bow_arrow: YAY!!!!! unicorn