Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wytter

Test server bugs

Ah nice of EL to crash while i was asleep =)

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread -1223532400 (LWP 30393)]
0xb7b28ae5 in free () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt full
#0  0xb7b28ae5 in free () from /lib/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#1  0xb7a97b44 in operator delete () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
#2  0xb7c431b0 in CalModel::~CalModel () from /usr/lib/libcal3d.so.11
#3  0xb7c06b86 in CalModel_Delete () from /usr/lib/libcal3d.so.11
#4  0x08050ffe in destroy_all_actors () at actor_scripts.c:843
       i = 2
       to_free = (actor *) 0x0
#5  0x08080f00 in connect_to_server () at multiplayer.c:234
       ip = {host = 450977086, port = 53767}
#6  0x0806d5f2 in keypress_root_common (key=13, unikey=0) at gamewin.c:876
       last_turn_around = 0
       alt_on = 0
       ctrl_on = 0
       shift_on = 0
       keysym = 13
#7  0x08060157 in keypress_console_handler (win=0xca967d0, mx=138, my=152, key=13, unikey=13) at consolewin.c:66
       keysym = 13
#8  0x08067271 in keypress_in_window (win_id=1, x=138, y=152, key=13, unikey=13) at elwindows.c:1343
       ret_val = 0
       win = (window_info *) 0xca967d0
       mx = 138
       my = 152
       W = (widget_list *) 0x0
#9  0x0806575a in keypress_in_windows (x=138, y=152, key=13, unikey=13) at elwindows.c:488
       done = 0
       id = -2
       next_id = 0
       i = 1
#10 0x0806990b in HandleEvent (event=0xbffff630) at events.c:79
       done = 0
       key = 93
       flags = 0
#11 0x0807d653 in start_rendering () at main.c:60
       event = {type = 2 '\002', active = {type = 2 '\002', gain = 0 '\0', state = 1 '\001'}, key = {type = 2 '\002', which = 0 '\0', state = 1 '\001', 
   keysym = {scancode = 36 '$', sym = SDLK_RETURN, mod = KMOD_NONE, unicode = 13}}, motion = {type = 2 '\002', which = 0 '\0', state = 1 '\001', x = 3876, 
   y = 3236, xrel = 13, yrel = 0}, button = {type = 2 '\002', which = 0 '\0', button = 1 '\001', state = 0 '\0', x = 3876, y = 3236}, jaxis = {
   type = 2 '\002', which = 0 '\0', axis = 1 '\001', value = 3876}, jball = {type = 2 '\002', which = 0 '\0', ball = 1 '\001', xrel = 3876, yrel = 3236}, 
 jhat = {type = 2 '\002', which = 0 '\0', hat = 1 '\001', value = 0 '\0'}, jbutton = {type = 2 '\002', which = 0 '\0', button = 1 '\001', state = 0 '\0'}, 
 resize = {type = 2 '\002', w = 212078372, h = 13}, expose = {type = 2 '\002'}, quit = {type = 2 '\002'}, user = {type = 2 '\002', code = 212078372, 
   data1 = 0xd, data2 = 0x0}, syswm = {type = 2 '\002', msg = 0xca40f24}}
       music_thread = (SDL_Thread *) 0xcd18828
#12 0x0807d88c in main (argc=0, argv=0x0) at main.c:178

trying to use anti aliasing or shadow mapping will bring my system to its knees (should this be done like shadows, and turned off when low FPS?)

trying to use mipmaps will crash my client (according to the spiel when I start the client: GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap extension found, NOT using it... ) is this the fonv/particle5-7 (from error log) missing issue?

Grubani Penninsula [19, 318] Theres problem with the bank

VoTD gold mine [47, 25] Theres a place where you can see a null tile?

VoTD gold mine [49, 79] You can see a rock sticking out into the 'black' area

Portland [103, 113] One of the mountains is off a bit here i think

:whistle: Dunian :battleaxe:

At [508, 20] WS, the Rivin Sea is black (pollution?). When I reach [503, 20], however, it goes back to its regular color. The only new thing i've gotten since this began is the perspective view thingy in ttlanhil's client. Could this have anything to do with it? :)

:P Dunian :battleaxe:

Edited by Dunian

I was in the arena checking out the books (I have a testbooks.xml and was checking it over), and when I left the arena, I got the "you're too far away to read this book" message

i think there should be a window that shows who logged in the game or who logged out. thnx

181710[/snapback]

1) this isn't a bug report, it's a suggestion

2) that'd make for a LOT of traffic on a server that typically has 3-400 people (traffic which most people will ignore)

3) the issue of privacy

if there's specific people you want to know about, then wait for buddy list to be finished

** or just go on players online 0.o....

1. When i typed on market i'd stay on market but when i typed on channel 1 it would take me out of jc 1 and just give me server messages, welcome to nord..etc..

2. theres a huge rock that disappears and re appears near the enterance of taj. where the br's spawn id walk around some more but the guy looks like hes in a rush and got all tired

QUOTE(Zep @ Jul 19 2005, 01:32 PM)

Conjurer Cloak is in Magic items & clothes.

Not a bug.

181511[/snapback]

And why only the Conjurer cape and not my MM cape too?

Piper

this bug, I strongly suspect, is only with the 3d rain from lachesis' patch... I'm reporting it here because (1) the patch notes say the admin want it, so it may well be in 102, and (2) the patch is in my precompiled client, so others will bug report it here anyway

on to the interesting bit:

when the rain meet the ground, it doesn't always dissapear. on areas off of the map (go to egde of map, etc) or on the water, etc, the rain will stop on the ground, even after the rain has stopped falling

Edited by ttlanhil

guys I dont know why you just dont put new version on port 2000 so people would test...cause whos gonna waste time testing when his account is not there and ur work is gone on main port ?? u would find all the bugs much sooner...

Edited by (Athosino)

guys I dont know why you just dont put new version on port 2000 so people would test...cause whos gonna waste time testing when his account is not there and ur work is gone on main port ?? u would find all the bugs much sooner...

181910[/snapback]

because as all these bug reports suggest, it's not ready to be the official server yet.

plus the need for a huge download to start using it, and you'd have to get another large update when 1.0.2 is out anyway

plus this isn't a bug report :P

however, if the characters from 2000 were copied over it might have helped a little

181910[/snapback]

In other words, Have everyone play on an unstable untested server, And fix on the fly with constant restarts and bug fixes, With people complaining about loosing items, Unflished code, Debug reports from the server, a bunch of features just not implimented yet, While the core of the els changes.

Great idea =)

I do think copying over accounts on request is a good idea, Maybe a thread for it. So they can be batch prepared. with people who have already connected to it, And dont see snow on IP, posting =)

whenever sparkle stuff (like when you teleport or beam or whatever) and a magic sword is in view, i crash. like if im holding a magic sword and i click on the flag to go to the next map, when i get there it crashes. this only happens when im holding a magic sword. i wasnt really sure how to explain this, but i hope it made sense :hehe:

Edited by Alderan

Vegar and L_v pointed out, that when you are wearing Armor and take it off the #arm is reporting incorrectly.

this apears to have made perminiate changes to my #arm on my charictor too.

Edited by Zep

Also when you remove your armor and replace it you can't see it.

Oh, and i'm useing the ttlanhil's client.

:) Dunian :battleaxe:

Also when you remove your armor and replace it you can't see it.

Oh, and i'm useing the ttlanhil's client.

:) Dunian :battleaxe:

182106[/snapback]

tested with my client also, Its the same thing.

Cape perks are no longer effective, And dont show up on #list_perks

And, when i try to fight anything, i cant hit rabbits with 64/67/40/40 a/d/p/c, maybe theres something to do with my #arm.

Armor: -7/-14

Damage: -69/-111

Accuracy: -15

Defence: -15

Cold damage: -24

Then stats at 0 between Heat Damage and Magic protection

Cold Protection: -6

Heat protection: -5

Radiation protection: -3

Critical to hit: -19

Critical to damage: -24

And i tried to wear full plate+moon med+steel shield+mirror cloak+steel long

This doesn't belong here, but don't know where else to put it.

Tabbed Chat - Hmm....

If I'm looking at guild chat or channel chat, can it NOT have local chat? Half the time I'm just trying to skim through and don't want to see the interference of everything else going on.

And can there be an everything tab? Sometimes I'm just sitting down making something and I want to follow #gm + local + channel, but I don't want to have to constantly bounce back and forth between the tabs.

And uh... move this post where ever is most appropriate.

Tabbed Chat - Hmm....

If I'm looking at guild chat or channel chat, can it NOT have local chat?  Half the time I'm just trying to skim through and don't want to see the interference of everything else going on.

apparently not. I recal roja saying that things like local and PM are supposed to be always seen. though it would be nicer

And can there be an everything tab?  Sometimes I'm just sitting down making something and I want to follow #gm + local + channel, but I don't want to have to constantly bounce back and forth between the tabs.

182195[/snapback]

there was a patch for that, but I beleive it suffered from the issue that PMs and local should always be there anyway. I usually use the console, which has everything anyway 8^P