Eternal Lands Official Forums
Gunslingers

Black Leather

I've been busily hax0ring away at some of the bitmaps which make up the leather items in EL to turn them from brown leather to black leather:

gjbl2.jpg

And I've put the files into a zip file, with instructions on how to back up the original files and replace them with the new files, so that you can have black leather items - boots, pants, torso, helm and gloves!

Feel free to download it here. Comments and suggestions welcome :)

EDIT: New version out. Black Leather is now proper black leather, much darker than in the picture above. The link above has the updated .zip file (38Kb).

Edited by Gunslingers

I love it. Black is so much sexier then brown, (and sliming for us ladies ~grin~)

Can we see if it can be an official option in EL for all?

You Rock Guns

~~Sandcastle

What about having a store option of black dye? Then when mixed with the other ingredients to make item (leather gloves, whatever) you get black leather item.

Dye could be relatively inexpensive and allow people to have both ways: slightly cheaper for raw training, noobs with little money; normal cost for those who want to look cool!

There will be more types of leather armor eventually, black being one of them...but the texture won't simply be a desaturated version of the brown one :blink:

I'd really love to see that. I think it would be great if an item a monster dropped looked different from a manufactured one. Then there would be a kind of pride in wearing either kind.

~I'm so strong, I got mine off a cyclops.

~Well my armour is far more refined, observe the fine gilding.

I tried making some snake armour but it didn't quite turn out as good as my imagination.

snakearmour.jpg

But if you need something colourful to wear for a childrens party this would be ideal. Minus the fangs.

I love it. Black is so much sexier then brown, (and sliming for us ladies ~grin~)

Hmmm.... Thigh boots of black leather.... Yes.

yeh pink rules..gonna make tommorow pink skirt.. and show screenie

yeh pink rules..gonna make tommorow pink skirt.. and show screenie

151862[/snapback]

Still waiting.... :wacko:

hafta say, the black leather is nice, but I like my red cape better... :P

(For red cape, I just switched the pics of the red cape and the brown cape. So it's only a red harvester cape.)

Still waiting.... :o

152654[/snapback]

it didnt work :-S

On my to-do list there's still a feature that will allow you to customize textures of your character or your guild without affecting the appearance of other characters/guilds. You will also be able to see the customizations of other players if you have downloaded them and placed correctly. However, I don't know yet if this ever will be an official feature. If so, it'll be possible to include such textures in new client releases so that everyone that gets the update can see your fancy pink clothes :P

With regards

Lachesis