Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

The Interface

There is no question and argument that the USE item I'm speaking of will go in the game, what I need input on is this part specifically:

At the bottom of the inventory window have these small icons:

eye, drop, use, hold

You click one of those icons, it gets highlighted, then you left click on the object to do that action.

If you right click at anytime the mouse cursor will scroll through these 4 icons/actions.

Perhaps these actions will only be effective on the inventory window(meaning that if the inv. window is open, and you click outside the window, the global action will happen and not the inventory action((like if you're in walk mode you'd walk, even though you have the eye cursor active in the inv. window))

Yeah, i like it.

At first, i was wondering why only in the inventory window, but since the inventory pops up when i open a bag, theres no need to have this 4 icons on other windows.

Piper

Well maybe it can be in the main game too... Right click to change between the main useful modes?

Walk, look, use? We can't have too many on right clicking or it'll be too much to click through. What do you think guys?

You should be able to see Monsters, Players, and NPC's on the minimap.

No, that would be too easy. We certainly don't want to have the game play for you, and that is taking it too far. Yeah, that's right, we actually want you guys to LOOK for the monsters and NPC's... omg!

Ok.. I guess I was teh told. What about my PK list idea?

when you click on the friends list, simply have a pk list tab that tells you if they are online.

I'd suggest to follow a rule that every change made to client is cool if now slow down it and can be

turned off.

Here I go:

- Transparncy after you press F6 - cool, but graphics looks horribly, also console mode is bugged.

If there could be made some nice set of transparent icons - that would be great.

- Small bug in levels on hud - it is simply not prepared to three digits levels.

- Spells quick bar - same if not more useful than items one.

- That would be nice if default console mode would be Wytter's text client, I think it will be required when

multichannel will be implemented. Also there should be a setting that enables plain, command driven

console like it is now.

- Graphical smileys - NO! Alot of people hates them in instant messengers etc. If someone want it to be

an option - sure, but conversion to normal smileys has to be done. ;-)

- What I loved and love in EL client? Simplicity! Simplicity IS divine, even if client will not looks

so cool like these from commercial games - who cares. For example Planeshift's interface is very nice

looking but I hate it.

- Drop icon should be back...eeek...don't beat me...eeek...*runs*...

- Colours could be changed a little too. Maybe more agressive in text mode like Wytter has.

- That right mouse button functions cycling is ok too, if configurable.

Regards.

Maybe you could roll over the clock and it gives the time :)

Or how about just have the time displayed in a digital format in the HUD, which, conviently enough, has already been done?

Yeah...digital makes the spirit of MMORPG so much more roleplayish?

Digital clock is just gay....

Its in the CVS and it roxxorz thank you.

Could you make the camera spin faster? it turns so slowly... it's kinda frustrating when you're trying to keep your eye on something like a speeding rabbit or something. Also, is there a possiblility to create a running feature, maybe your character would have a minimum/maximum running rate and every minute it goes up 5-10% depending on your food level?

Haven't gone through all the posts because I'm lazy. But how about adding double click to equip stuff like armor and swords, and double click to unequip them as well?

Edited by Itami

Could you make the camera spin faster? it turns so slowly... it's kinda frustrating when you're trying to keep your eye on something like a speeding rabbit or something. Also, is there a possiblility to create a running feature, maybe your character would have a minimum/maximum running rate and every minute it goes up 5-10% depending on your food level?

Word on the street is server can't handle different speeds (no running), Also I think you can change how fast your screen spins in EL Config.. I saw something about it but didn't touch it.

Word on the street is server can't handle different speeds (no running), Also I think you can change how fast your screen spins in EL Config.. I saw something about it but didn't touch it.

I think camera is client side feature. I've set:

#normal_camera_rotation_speed = 30.0

#fine_camera_rotation_speed = 2.0

It works ok. But you can feel free to double these values.

Regards.

I liked the sitlock how it was before...set it in el.ini and forget it...it always stayed on, even when i logged off then back on. Now even though I set it in el.ini, I have to go into tools every time I log on to set it also. Drives me nuts.

Edit: Ok turns out in my el.ini the # wasn't in front of sitlock = 1...but I didn't ever change that, if anybody else is having this problem, your # might be missing too....

Edited by Aisllinn

I liked the sitlock how it was before...set it in el.ini and forget it...it always stayed on, even when i logged off then back on. Now even though I set it in el.ini, I have to go into tools every time I log on to set it also. Drives me nuts.

That is not supposed to happen, and it doesn't happen here either. You can set #sit_lock = 1 in el.ini without problems here...

And when you click on door or bag it moves. :-/

Regards.

Hi!

I like the idea of right-clicking to cycle through the most used icons. Also in the inventory window there should be eye, drop, use icons (should be enough, or make them configurable, like teh banned 0n3na suggested).

Maybe its a good idea to make this for outside the inventory window, too - but Im not sure, cause it would be comfortable to have 'look-action' in inventory windows and 'walk-action' when you move the cursor outside

Highlighted Signposts: good idea

And it would be great if the cursor changes into that object (or abstract object-icon) when you use it or pick it up (like it was made in the LucasGames Adventures like Day of the Tentacle)

Cheers,

Enderoth

I did not bother to read everything posted above so i might be restating what someone else said but i think it would be a good idea (according to my own subjective judgement) To have the following:

Somewhere in the hub someshort of a swith that has the following options:

1) Local

2) Chanel

3) guild

4) Auto

If some one has clicked on local then everything s/he types will be broadcasted on the local chat

If the chanel switch is on everything one types will be broadcasted on the chanel (market-newby etc.) with out typing an "@"

if the guild switch is on everything one types will be broadcasted as a guild message without typing "#gm"

If the auto switch is on... it's bussnes as usual... you type "@", "#gm" or nothing dependiing what you want to do....

Well.... that's all i had to say

And when you click on door or bag it moves. :-/

Fixed.

Very good, It was so annoying. Thank you. When you've commited it?

Regards.

Very good, It was so annoying. Thank you. When you've commited it?

A few minutes after you notified of the misbehaviour :rolleyes:

Hello Roja,

I think the current interface is already quite good. Anyway, what I would welcome, is a grouping of the icons, to separate them visually. I think this could ease the selection of the correct icon. The grouping could for example be done, either by icons that open window and icons that do not open a window, or by grouping them according some categories (informational, action-icons, and others for example).

Another thing i would like to see are editable shortcuts, so that you can select for example the sigils for spells with a simple shortcut, you assign yourself. I think there should be only 3 shortcuts max for this, or else the game may become too easy when you fight and do magic simultaneously. The shortcuts can be assigned via a command where you also must specify which sigils you want to assign with that shortcut.

And third, sometimes the names of people are very annoying for me. I know that I can turn them off with C-n, but what I mean, is if, for example you want to mine something and the place is very crowdy, it can become very hard to find a free spot, without turning the names off. I would welcome if the names were not sensitive to the eye icon, but only the actors were. In some way it is meaningless to make the eye icon sensitive to the names, because I already see the name and if someone is running in front of me while I want to click a harvest spot, I get a message telling me that I see player XYZ. But I already know that I see this player, cause his name is standing in front of me with big letters. :rolleyes:

Cheers Malaclypse

Hey Malaclypse,

You can right-click to force walking to a given place (right-click always does what the selected icon specifies, no matter what the mouse cursor says).

You can edit the location of icons quite easily - go to hud.c line 301:

set_icon_order(icons_no, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 , 13, 14, 15, 16);

Just change the order of the numbers...

If you come up with a better way of grouping them, please tell us :-)

Edited by Wytter

Hi Wytter,

You can right-click to force walking to a given place (right-click always does what the selected icon specifies, no matter what the mouse cursor says).

I know that this works for walking, but I never realized that it works too for harvesting and other.

Do you mean I can use right click to start harvesting? I definitely will have to try this out :rolleyes:

You can edit the location of icons quite easily - go to hud.c line 301:

set_icon_order(icons_no, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 , 13, 14, 15, 16);

Thanks, I will take a look at this and if I came up with one or more solutions I like more than the current, I'll create some screenies and post them here.

Do you mean I can use right click to start harvesting? I definitely will have to try this out :blink:

B) You could back in the days before the hud, but then someone removed the harvest icon :rolleyes: Was good for bear protection ;)

Edited by Wytter