Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Cooldown log

We do not bitch here. We just keep a small log on how the cooldowns affect us, what strategies don't work anymore, what new strategies work, etc.

If enough players keep track of their strategy changes in this thread, we will be able to better adjust the cooldown system in a month.

Just one thing..

Diss Rings dont work ;)

I was fighting some random person, and used diss.. It just went straight to cooldown and never worked. :/

This seems to have made potions of feasting very desirable now, but they are hardly cost effective to make since the NPC sells them for a mere 10gc. Perhaps changing Mira's rates to more accurately reflect the production possibilities?

Guest antaeus

it's sick

He got suspended for 4 months for posting that.

Edited by Entropy

hehe, i'm not effected by the cooldown things -_- all i do is sit and eat anywho lol, so i got nothing much to say about it, but from what i heard from people, it seems like they cant mass produce certain things very fast anymore, and trying to escape in the PK area's is also a bust. But good thing for me ;) i'm not effected at all lol

oh nice to see you again Entropy, its been a while it has.

i have nothing to say unless i'm allowed to bitch big time, so until then you won't here anything from me except that with every update you make, you screw this game even more........your eventually going to lose players...........that's all i'm saying.

One year suspension from the forums.

Edited by Entropy

Cooldowns on food.. does not work well. It magnifies the least fun aspect of the game.. the hard WORK (not play) of leveling skills up. Here is my work around..

don't make any low level items anymore.. buy them from noobs who don't know they are slaves..

lol.. food cooldowns are a bad idea.. I like the idea for balancing powerful things in combat and such tho.. like dis-rings.

Ent's note: I unsuspended him.

Edited by Entropy

Just one thing..

Diss Rings dont work :D

I was fighting some random person, and used diss.. It just went straight to cooldown and never worked. :/

post that in bugreports...

and moe, no bitching like he said...

for one i am going to make a hell of a lot of feasting potion... cause fruits have a to long cooldown to use for manufactering, and as for summoning it will take more time now don't really know how to compensate yet but ill keep you posted.

Hype

Well Rogue and DonPedro and I tested a couple PK matches, it is deffidently more difficult! If you are fighting someone with a weapon, and you have (I'll use my numbers as an example) 165 health, it is hard to survive. Example: Both do around 50 damage each hit, so that means you need to restore at the LEAST every 10 seconds. And once you are down to 30ish mana, you can only restore once every 30 seconds...so basically what this all means is that it is gonna be a LOT harder taking on people who are higher levels than you, or 3-4 people at a time. Also one intresting thing: When Rogue and I were vsing Don, Rogue died first and I tried to go diss and get rogue's bag, because Zaer was nearby. But I had almost died earlier, and my diss was still cooling down. Anyway, for now, I think this actually makes this game a lot more strategic :D

Ok cooldown. Now I thought this idea wasn't going to be that bad. Means people are really gonna have to re-think how they play the game. However 50 seconds for food... that is getting a little long. I thought i read that it was gonna be 20-30 seconds.. that I could live with. But for you to lose a food point (3 with power hungary) before you can eat another piece of food... Gonna be hard work. Not sure about combat either. Gonna have to drop to lower level monstors again for fear of dying while waiting for my potion to recharge. This is gonna be a very slow month.

I'd post this in bugs, but anyway: Lets say your fighting someone, then they flee/diss/whatever just a micomilliotrillionth of a second before you diss, then your diss has to cooldown, even though you didn't actually diss!

Well Rogue and DonPedro and I tested a couple PK matches, it is deffidently more difficult! If you are fighting someone with a weapon, and you have (I'll use my numbers as an example) 165 health, it is hard to survive. Example: Both do around 50 damage each hit, so that means you need to restore at the LEAST every 10 seconds. And once you are down to 30ish mana, you can only restore once every 30 seconds...so basically what this all means is that it is gonna be a LOT harder taking on people who are higher levels than you, or 3-4 people at a time. Also one intresting thing: When Rogue and I were vsing Don, Rogue died first and I tried to go diss and get rogue's bag, because Zaer was nearby. But I had almost died earlier, and my diss was still cooling down. Anyway, for now, I think this actually makes this game a lot more strategic :D

This is the kind of replies I want on this thread. Objective and detailed, rather than "Omfg u r ruining teh game!111".

This isn't an issue with small things like Fire essence, but when you're making a batch of HE it could take way too long....

I initally liked the idea of a cooldown, and I still do. But it seems a bit extreme to have 50 seconds.

I think we can expect this to cause quite a change on market channel. With everything more difficult to make, everything shall be FAR more expensive, and some items might be in very short supply.

I'm sure pots of feasting will be important now, however. I feel sorry for all the "powerhungry" players

I like it. I'll write my pros and cons so far. I make FE's and WE's a lot, so it doesn't bother me much. Now I just started fighting a lot, and I use HE's sometimes, but because I fight monsters at the levels I'm suppose to fight them at, I don't use too many. I do carry more BR's now because I can't always use SR's fast enough to cast Restoration, so a BR is more helpful now. I do agree about the potion of feasting. I made about 200 of them recently to see if they would help more. I also cook meat more because it's only 25 seconds to regenerate, and it restores 25 food. So summoning for me is now out the window because I was going to summon, but now it's used for food. Also summoning is going to be slow as I can see it. 2-5 summons before you have to use 1 SR. I think I will almost stop summoning and just do it sometimes. The LE will become less meaningful if less summon. Good point FOX about the power hungry. Every time I'm about to get a Negative perk, a reason for me NOT to comes up. That is all i have seen so far, I'll keep posting if I see more stuff effecting me good or bad. Thanks for this thread entropy.

Edited by Bosnian_Child

Okay guess this belong's here,

Eat some bread make a silver bar and mine 8 silver for another silver bar seems to work out pretty much even, guess same stratergy would work for other bars as well (ohh thats with out excavator cloak or perk btw)

Edited for spelling mistakes

Edited by Thyralax

I've just spent more than 40 minutes making ~100 spirit restoration potions. Think about one thing please - who on the Earth would waste so much time on something as borring as making SRPs? I will not even think about something more time-consuing. Dear developers, please reconsider this decision again - i am here to play, and enjoy the game (which I had so far), but I do not play EL just to waste precious time on something totally borring as waiting for cooldown to finish...

I would strongly recommend returning to previous, otherwize you are risking to lose many players...

Yea i think the food takes to long but oh well we will ahve to adjust. As for srs i guess ill just ahve to lay off the harder monsters till i dont ahve to restore as fast. This will take some getting used to but oh well it adds some mroe strategy to teh game.

Football_27

I've just spent more than 40 minutes making ~100 spirit restoration potions. Think about one thing please - who on the Earth would waste so much time on something as borring as making SRPs? I will not even think about something more time-consuing. Dear developers, please reconsider this decision again - i am here to play, and enjoy the game (which I had so far), but I do not play EL just to waste precious time on something totally borring as waiting for cooldown to finish...

I would strongly recommend returning to previous, otherwize you are risking to lose many players...

Perhaps you are using a sub optimal way of making SRPs?

I dunno about mods but i think some people got too high bans. How would u feel if u come the game and post your opinion about it and u get banned for a year? Or ban someone is big fan of the game and just wanted to have his voice heard. Not very fair on people..we all humans in the end.

Anyway, i thought cooldown will be worse. I even thought they will make it for making items. Lucky us they didn't think about that.

At least people will cook their meat now. Cooking skill would be a good idea i think. The higher your cooking skill the lower cooldown for cooked meat etc.

cooked meat cooldown - 20 seconds - gives 20 food level

So cooked meat is a lot better than fruits now. And why not make it so that you can eat different things at once.

Let's say you manufactore something and you wanna eat 1 fruits, you get 1 min cooldown on fruits, you run out of food on food level, you eat cooked meat. By that time fruit cooldown will be around 30 secs. So people could still manufactore like they used to only now they will have to use all different food available on the game.

That is logical people eat a lot in real life, and i thought the whole idea was to make the game more realistic. So sure people can eat fruits and cooked meat and get different cooldowns.

At least it will it will enable us to enjoy the game as we used to. Without changes many people will freak out and leave the game. And veg and fruits is sure a different thing, at the moment it is only made to make us play longer...which cannot be very enjoyable.

I will sure welcome some changes. And if that is not the kind of ideas you wanted to hear then i don't know what was the point of making this thread at all. Perhaps to get rid of some users, hehe.

SRPs was just an example. If I do not fight higher monsters i would not enjoy the game as much as i did previously - i am most certain of that. For instance, take invasions for example, suddenly armed goblin spawns near me (which i could kill if i can use couple of SRPs) and i am 100% dead, because of cooldown!

PK... is a dream for low-level players now. :D It was dream before, but now is absolute...

Couple of things I've found so far, mostly client side display glitches.

Cooldown isn't always displayed correctly. To test this you'll need the ability to make a Potion of Feasting and all ingredients along with a stack of some type of food (I suggest Fruit)

1. Eat food from stack (again I suggest Fruit)
  2. Make Potion of Feasting

Now if you succeded in making it, the inital food stack is no longer shown as counting down cool down time. Also, the newly made Potion of Feasting is not shown as effected by cool down. If you have previously made potions or a food source that has a lower cool down than that remaining they are still shown as effected by cool down.