Photo

Another way to acquire pickpoints

#overall #pickpoints

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Another way to acquire pickpoints (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like this idea?

1. Yes (17 votes [80.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.95%

2. No (4 votes [19.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Alphabet

Alphabet

Racoon

• Moderators
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:00 PM

Hey all,

So i've been talking to a certain someone (Won't name unless they'd like) and we've come up with an idea.

Option 1: Max overall with 2 skills over 150

Players who have 150+ a/d generally are really close to maxing overall~

Option 2: 5 Skills over 100 (Cannot be A/D or overall)

Is it easier to get 179 overall or 5 skills over 100? This will just give an advanage to lower levels to become better players later on.

Basically if you qualify for either one, you are eligable to get a stone, say form Wraith at Isla Prima, or from shop (Up to players & Radu). That stone works like a pickpoint/overall level. The Stone will have x amount of exp, say 50m-100m~ exp. You must also have the stone in inventory, it cannot be traded, soulbound (So players can't profit on alts). You need to get 50-100m exp to "poof" the stone, once you do that and the stone poofs you get 1 pickpoint, rinse and repeat. Also.. if it's not already obvious, can only get one stone at a time, once it's turned into a pickpoint, can get another.

Pros:

- Excellent for players who are financially poor

- Great for players with max overall

- Good incentive to go and train instead of afking (Skarak can't hold all spawns :P)

- Excellent for people who mix alot, and not so much fighting

- Reduces the amount of gc sold ingame

- Another way of getting pickpoints instead of 1.75m~

- All lower level players will be better geared later on in the game

Cons:

- Won't be as quick as paying 1.75m for a pickpoint, acutally have to do work

- All players who are maxed overall will be upset this wasn't ingame earlier

- When you #reset, it works like a normal pickpint, it's gone.

- Does not work with Invance, but it works with Dalies.

Thanks, discuss down below, or just vote :)

Edited by Alphabet, 10 October 2017 - 01:30 AM.

#2 FairyTail

FairyTail

White Rabbit

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:14 PM

Cool.
When we were discussing this in channel it wasn't as refined a proposal as this but I think the general consensus was that ~100mil exp would be fair as that's pretty much what you need for the last jump from 178 to 179. Besides, if it were lower you'd just get the bitches bitching again - "why should they get a pp for less than I need to get to lvl <whatever>" etc... I think that 100mil isn't a bad thing anyway - it is a lot to get, yes, but it is also less than it would be for the oa levels subsequent to 179 (assuming a continuation of the 5% increase in exp required per level).

I vote yes.

Keep in mind though that there will be the usual bitching in later posts by those that think everyone except them gets everything for free when they should be the ones who get it all instead. Fk them. If they were in a position to take advantage of this (not free - worked for) additional way to gain pp's it would be because they had spent the time & effort levelling more than their pointless-bitching-level.

:medieval:

#3 FairyTail

FairyTail

White Rabbit

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:34 PM

A couple of points I forgot to mention before:

I like how it is for a wider range than just "oa 179 only" because it allows for those that have trained various skills to a very good degree but may have reset or are thinking of resetting or, no doubt, a multitude of other things.

I think this should be an 'automatic from the wraith thing' and not from the shop. The reason for this is that if this is to be a kind of 'reward' to those players who have attained a certain level with their char(s) through time & effort then buying it would kind of negate it being a reward. Imo rewards are given, not bought.

Besides, the bitchers will just say something like "oh! see! more pay-to-win!" and tbh I can't be arsed to listen to that sort of crap.

#4 Diealot

Diealot

White Rabbit

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

Essentially you want to let players who have reached a certain criteria earn double the overall exp?

Why not just let it be for everyone?

The low end of your estimate 50M exp is level 0 to level 102.96
The high end of your estimate 100M EXP is level 0 to level 116.95

Would it really be so bad to reward anyone reaching either of those levels with an extra pp?

Similarly level 120 + 50M is level 127 and a bit.
Level 120 + 100M is level 132 and a bit.

Level 130 + 50M is level 134+
Level 130 + 100M is level 138+

Particularly if this is in relation to skills only (not a/d or oa), limiting to the already upper end players is only going to make the newb -> pro jump seem that much more formidible to truely new players.

_____

On a different line of thought...
Is this a remove and replace hydro nexus? or an in addition to?

Remove and replace would cause quite ridiculous inflation and I think most of us already dislike how high some items sell for these days.

_____

As for a vote

For everyone, sure. For only high level players... why bother?

_____

Edit:
After a chat with letters...

Some of the above is a bit of a mish-mash of what I think Letters wanted to suggest... sorry ABC.

No, if this were implemented for everyone you should not get credit for back exp.

Edited by Diealot, 09 October 2017 - 11:00 PM.

#5 FairyTail

FairyTail

White Rabbit

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

Not entirely sure I understand. I want to - I do! But I'm not following.

As an example you said "Level 120 + 100M is level 132 and a bit." Yes, it is. It also gives that player who levels their char from level 120 up to level 132 - 12 more pickpoints.

Your opening line was "Essentially you want to let players who have reached a certain criteria earn double the overall exp?". Erm... how would they earn double the exp?

I'm not looking to pointlessly argue with you but I am genuinely a little confused so I guess I'm asking you to explain your point of view a little more clearly. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, cos I can't. Cos I don't really understand what it is that you're saying. Sorry if it's me being a little dense here.

#6 Alphabet

Alphabet

Racoon

• Moderators
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:01 PM

This is not a replacement to hydro nexus, this is in addition to it.

#7 dragon_killer

dragon_killer

Skunk

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:03 PM

Think it is a great idea, do you get any a/d exp after capping out a/d though?

#8 Diealot

Diealot

White Rabbit

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:10 PM

So...

[PM to Alphabet: Oh... I see my uh... misunderstanding... ]
[PM from Alphabet: Hm?]
[PM to Alphabet: The qualifications for the stone are A: high oa (probably via a/d), B: high skills]
[PM to Alphabet: The stone itself would work with a/d though, yes?]
[PM from Alphabet: Yes]

To this, sure.
Sounds like a good idea.
_____

While we're at it can we make a qualificationless one that works ONLY with skills?

#9 saxum

saxum

Boar

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:Computers (mostly UNIX-based), NFL football

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

I qualify for both but I think this could lend to some players just cashing out because their players are more valuable so I do not necessarily think it isa  good thing.  I also think there are some who will milk it (i have been told how easy it is to get tailoring experience which means those who sell the books like the author can make a windfall) so there needs to be some limitations:

• x number per month per player
  • there needs to be x trades from other players before you can get another (Easy to implement. Keep a counter for each player on number traded and total traded and if enough others have not taken advantage of it you get response "not yet")

I am not even sure this is a GOOD thing - this will result in MORE PP inflation resulting in harder invasions, etc.

#10 Alphabet

Alphabet

Racoon

• Moderators
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:11 AM

More PP doesn't mean harder invasions.. I'm not sure how or who put that in your mind. Why do you think they are 165 caps? So those who can hardly afford pp's can have slighty easier mobs.

Also. to even start doing tailoring.. you need to invest atleast 7.5m into it before you can even start mixing hats, and that's at 30k a book, if there rationality is low they will take forever to read it, and if you do read books 24/7 you can't have power hungry so -3 pickpoints too. If a lower level looked to invest doing that, thats -7.5m, not to mention it takes ages to read the books. Goblin tokens are NOT easy to come by, AND if they do use them, it would be way cheaper to just buy pickpoints straight up from NPC.

If a lower level wanted to qualify for this, don't forget they need atleast 5 skills over 100, not including A/D or overall. I alrady did the math and thought this through. sure this will benefit lower levels in the long run, but it won't benefit them if they buy skills to 100.. even then to get 5 skills over 100+ The fast way would cost quite a bit, it's not worth doing it if they want pickpoints.

#11 saxum

saxum

Boar

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:Computers (mostly UNIX-based), NFL football

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

You have convinced me to vote "no".

#12 dragon_killer

dragon_killer

Skunk

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

Regarding the second option 5 skills over level100 , I have looked for some chars and it seems most of them are at least 170 oa, which is about 66M exp needed for an oa. Making it 50M wouldn't make sense to level up oa (as you trade 50M exp for 1 pp and that 1 pp requires less exp from the 'stone from the wraith'). Also making it 100M exp would be more than what you need for an oa.

#13 FairyTail

FairyTail

White Rabbit

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:32 PM

Just a couple of points on the numbers & why I think 100mil exp is fair, even a positive thing.

Regarding the amount of exp required for OA levels: 100mil exp is actually less than would be required for the, admittedly hypothetical, oa 180.

To go from oa 178-179 you need 98,271,880 exp. Assuming that if higher oa levels were introduced & that the exp requirement for these levels were to increase at 5%, as the levels from 91 onwards are, the exp to go from 179-180 would be an additional 4,913,594 making the total required for this step to be 103,185,474.

The subsequent levels, still increasing at 5%, would be: 180-181: 108,344,747 - 181-182: 113,761,985 and so on. In fact, by the time you reached the jump from level 192 to level 193 you would need 202,960,084 exp.

Regarding the exp needed for oa levels in the 170's (as this was the range given) while it is true that to go from level 169 to 170 is 60mil, by the time you get a few levels further - for instance level 174 to level 175 - you need 80,848,519 exp.

With this in mind, if someone does have 5 skills (not a/d or oa) over level 100 my personal opinion is that these people have trained the 'expensive' skills to such a level that, surely, they deserve to be able to reap the slight benefit that this proposal would give them.

After all - as I have said in channel 6 before - 100,000,000 exp is not easy to get! You would need to grind like hell to get that in less than a time measured in months!!

Also - for the sake of clarity & despite my stats being open so this can easily be seen - I am not going to benefit from this being introduced under either option nor will I be eligible to receive one of these stones for quite some time indeed. I think this is a good idea for the game, not for selfish reasons. I too have looked at a few chars that are not oa 179 but either have or are 'close' to having the required levels to qualify under option 2 and - again, in my personal opinion - deserve to qualify for this slight benefit for the sheer amount of work they have put into developing their chars!

#14 dragon_killer

dragon_killer

Skunk

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

Ok I didn't understand that correctly, I thought you would trade 100 M exp for the stone(and the exp would be lost from the oa bar) but it seems you would get the stone every time you reach 100M oa exp without losing your oa exp bar, if you meet the 5 skills level over 100.

Edited by dragon_killer, 12 October 2017 - 10:41 AM.

#15 BruSu

BruSu

Beaver

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

why not make it easier?  when you reach OA 179 you do not get  oa xp any more - so  make it possible to collect  the mixing xp in a stone and when  ever you  reached these  100.000.000 (oc  this stone should not be tradeable) you  get a pp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users